What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Trial 1 - Vs Sea Eagles

callmack1

Staff member
Yooohooooo!!!! What an exciting week we have coming up my fellow Rabbitohs tragics!! That's right, Footy is coming back and for the first time since that disappointing end to last year, we have a game to look forward to this week!! I can't believe it's come around this quick but I'm very excited to finally be there. We play Manly on Sunday afternoon in our first trial game for 2024 out there in Gosford and I tell ya, I couldn't be more excited!

The Pre-Season and prep for the year really begin to heat up now and it's the time of year where we're so close, you can almost taste it. Gotta love it!! The journey begins.

This trial is a bit of a different one for us. Most teams only have two, but we have three and this one is not part of the official Pre-Season Challenge. I assume that's because the boys will be off in Vegas at the time of our third trial so we get this one extra. I wonder what that means for the game and the make up of the side? Of course we'll see lots of young fullas and fringe guys out there but will any of our guns play? I'm especially wondering if any of the Indigenous boys will play. They can't play the Charity Shield as it's the day after the All Stars. So will we see the Mitchell brothers, AJ, Tassy, and Jackie play? Unlikely but you never know.

Who knows what to expect from Manly either as we don't know what kind of side they'll field. I guess it doesn't really matter, the result isn't important. We just need to go out there, have a good solid hit out and blow out some cobwebs. Not gonna be easy in the first hit out of the year.

Does anyone know if there'll be a stream for this? It's not being televised as far as I know.

So keen!!! Footy is in the airrrrr!!!

callmack1

Staff member

Ahhh yesssssss!! Hitting the team list Tuesday feels for the first time in a long time, how good?!!

Interesting side named there as this means it's basically a NSW Cup trial for us. Nothing wrong with that at all though, I'm really excited to see/hear about a lot of our young guns coming through.

It's not quite the side I expected as I thought it'd be a mix of regulars and fringe/young guys. We only have three guys in there with NRL experience, two of which aren't in our top 30. I'm not complaining by the way, it is the first trial after all, and everyone will be saved for the shield next week.

I'm really excited to see how the boys go!!

callmack1

Staff member
Manly have actually named a relatively strong side for a first trial, plenty of first graders in there. It's certainly a lot stronger than our side for this one but I guess it doesn't really matter. It's a good chance for some of these younger guys to really test themselves. Ughhh I wish there was some way we could watch this!!

I'm pretty intrigued to see/hear how Burns goes at fullback. It's been a while and I remember back in 2019 when he was going great guns. It's certainly been a while and I know he might not be that player anymore, but he does have it in him.

Brock Gray is the other big point of interest for me. He's very raw but I honestly can see him as a first grader one day.

Thadius

Juniors
Be interesting to see how Di Bartolo goes at half in this trial at Gosford.

Half is an area we are decidedly short on numbers and if Lachlan goes down we are in trouble.

And no, I do not want Hawkins anywhere near first grade.

callmack1

Staff member
Well, it feels like an eternity since I last woke up in the morning and said this, but it's game day for the first time in 2024!!! It doesn't fully feel like it as this arvo is very much a reserve grade trial, and we can't even watch it, but we have a game today, nonetheless and I'm excited!! It might just be a trial, but I love that we're taking a game up to Gosford for all those Footy-mad fans up there and I really wish I could go watch us play Manly today myself.

A lot of young guns on show today but that's really exciting as some of these guys will be the future of South Sydney. I'm particularly interested to hear how Braidon Burns' return goes, how Leon Te Hau goes and whether he's a chance of playing first grade in the near future after injury troubles, a new halves pairing in Subloo and Di Bartolo will be interesting to see, and I also can't wait to hear how Brock Gray goes as I think he really could be someone who starts to progress his career shortly.

It's going to be a very tough game for our baby Bunnies as Manly have named a really strong line up with plenty of first grade experience in there. I don't expect that their first graders would play massive minutes but it's still gonna be a really tough match.

Let's see who can step up today and stand out! Go you baby Bunnies!!

The 2024 journey starts today!

Man I wish we could watch it!!!

Glory, Glory.

Rabbits20

Immortal
the concerning part is individual performances. Te Hau looks out of place, Milne is missing one on one tackles and a few of the guys that should be showing what they can do struggling.

Agree this should be 68-0 but some individual worries

From someone at the game