What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lords, July 16-20, 2009

Timbo

Staff member
You know what they say - once you go Kat, you never go back.

Personally I'd axe Johnson for Clark. Won't happen though.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kat is a mans man, the poofy girly look is on the way out. Just say no to Metro!!

This very accurate there hiney, and I agree with you whole heartedly 100%.

You know, ive been thinking, if Jacques Kallis was Australian he would have given Katich a run for his body on that night in February imho....

lockyno1

Post Whore
Swann will play, mind you it helps us, I'd rather both their spinners play, they are hacks.

Aus will go in unchanged, England will bring Harmison OR Onions in for Panesar

Has to be an unchanges side, if they go for four quicks Ponting will get in trouble with the over rate and be forced to bowl his part timers in crucial periods.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I don't buy that whatsoever. Over rates should not be an issue. In first class cricket in Australia teams bowl 96 overs and the vast majority of teams rarely play spinners..guess what they bowl all the overs in.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly, now whilst I do agree that test cricket is more serious, etc. There is no reason why you should not get 90 overs in even if you had 4 Brett Lee's bowling. It is Ponting who spends 5 minutes every ball with his field placings!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Exactly, now whilst I do agree that test cricket is more serious, etc. There is no reason why you should not get 90 overs in even if you had 4 Brett Lee's bowling. It is Ponting who spends 5 minutes every ball with his field placings!
Since Warney.Pidge and Gilly have retired he takes even longer than he ever did. FMD is it so hard to set a field???

lockyno1

Post Whore
What I do not understand is what the heck are they planning before the match! Surely they know what field placings to do in the 1st/2nd over..yet he still spends 10 minutes setting fields then!

I still maintain that if North is in the side, he should be captain, much better captain and a natural leader! Let Ponting bat!

TheParraboy

Staff member
I have some insights I am going to submit to the ICC, making sure 30 overs a session are complied

- a no ball should be 10 runs automatically, so no need to re-bowl the delivery
- no drinks breaks, they can all carry a little water bottle in their hip pocket
- captain cant wear pads or helmet when batting if his side doesnt cant average 30 over sessions when bowling
- tea and lunch breaks to be held at mid wicket or cover point, to save time going back and forth to the pavillion
- only 2 bowlers can have more than a 6 step delivery stride run up

cheers