What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

blaza88z

Coach
Smith been far from his best and getting out in ways that teams have been trying to get him out for, for a long time

Leg slip, leg stump.. etc

I hope they can win 1 more test but really, India deserve to be 2-0 up

Bazal

Post Whore
Hussey makes a good point, all our batsmen seem to playing the ball very square. Not just head.

Another product of so many flat decks, do you reckon? It's not just legside either, they all play square drives more than cover/off drives.

All they've had on the major tracks is bounce for so long. MCG and SCG haven't even had that, for the most part. Trust the bounce, get inside the line and hit square through the off or outside it and square through leg.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Another product of so many flat decks, do you reckon? It's not just legside either, they all play square drives more than cover/off drives.

All they've had on the major tracks is bounce for so long. MCG and SCG haven't even had that, for the most part. Trust the bounce, get inside the line and hit square through the off or outside it and square through leg.
Pretty much, it's another reason why most modern batsmen struggle when the ball moves a little of the deck.

Quadruple Quiney up for Wade, this should book him in for another 3 years of test cricket.

Fatty Pants drops one, again Head trying to play far too square.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Smith was groin grabbingly good in the one dayers, probably the best he's ever been in that format.

Both Labs and Smith seem to be having a weird off in their mannerisms so far this series

I don't think it's technical. He just looks tentative and uncertain when he bats. Always going to get out being half hearted

I watched The Test the other night, and he is on record saying he wasn’t 100% on coming back after his ban. I know he kicked arse in return but even last summer he look out of sorts. That said he did get two ODI tons. Wonder if lock down has played a part too?

Bazal

Post Whore
I watched The Test the other night, and he is in record saying he wasn’t 100% on coming back after his ban. I know he kicked arse in return but even last summer he look out of sorts. That said he did get two ODI tons. Wonder if lock down has played a part too?

I saw somewhere he hasn't been able to see the missus for like 8 months or something too due to Covid bubbles.

Newly married man, that's gotta grind you down. He doesn't strike me as the type to have loads of mates. No Shield cricket either. And he can't be that keen on coming out at 2/0 every innings to begin with. He looks like a guy who's mentally elsewhere to me

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think the Indians have bowled very well to him with some excellent plans, i'll say it again all our batsman seem very keen to play every very square. Even in defence, Marcus Harris defends with half an angled bat then is shocked when he guides one into the slips.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think the Indians have bowled very well to him with some excellent plans, i'll say it again all our batsman seem very keen to play every very square. Even in defence, Marcus Harris defends with half an angled bat then is shocked when he guides one into the slips.

Yeah look those who reckon Harris will solve the Burns issue are in for a rude shock....

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez Wade is a peanut but that ball has kept so low it got under his bat, and he's 3 foot 2 so that's some real hard luck

Latest posts