What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Like I said, neither side is wrong, neither side is right, it's personal perspective.

If that's how Smith feels then fair call, no issue with it myself, but I have no problem with someone expressing the opposite POV either and I don't think that POV is any les valid than the reason Smith had.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Aus on top, but not as much as NZ losing the coin toss meant.

Glad for Macca. Hopefully he repeats it in the second innings.

Twin 100s as captain in a must win match against Straya bowlers gives his career further credibility.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
370 on the board. Surely this means we'll actually reach the 4th innings this time (touch wood).

Will be a tough little session at the end of the day. Will be interesting to see Australia's approach (more so Warner's than Burns.)

ANTiLAG

First Grade
If no early swing for tim and trent, then I hope Matt gets a bowl with a hard new seam.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Australia under significant pressure now. Need the top order to make some serious runs to give us any hope

Meth

Staff member
Well he did have a dig at Smith when he chose uphold the appeal against Stokes when stuck his glove to supposedly save him from being run out. So he has some form at being a little holier then thou.

In that article McCullum drew parallels between Smith's actions and his own (Murali runout). Certainly, if Smith has been rash, McCullum has been more so in the past. I don't think he was meaning to condemn Smith as much as he was providing commentary and advocating a course of action in those circumstances that were different from Smith's and his own.

He obviously had an opinion on the incident, as evidently most on here do. The difference between his opinion and ours is that people are actually interested in his.

Iafeta

Referee
Wow

All this time I thought it was 'money for old rove'.

Its old rope. Its an old saying meaning you got money for next to nothing. Old rope being an item that shouldn't fetch a price.

Its not really darting around now. Seems fairly placid.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Karl Pilkington on his old xfm show (so take it with a grain of salt) said it comes from back in the day when the executioners would sell bits of the noose to the crowd as a bit of a souvenir

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Pretty even I reckon. I would always rather have the runs on the board than not so that is good for NZ. Still the pitch looked like it wasnt so tricky to bat on. Warner just played down the wrong line the f**king oaf.

JJ

Immortal
Fun day - spectacular from McCullum

Overall relatively evenly poised - given any assistance whatsoever Boult >> Warner

Latest posts