What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

Lego_Man

First Grade
Not sure how people can bag McCullum....NZ scored 370 almost solely thanks to his amazing knock. He played naturally, he played some incredible shots and got his side a very respectable total on a reasonably difficult wicket. He was never going to play a Joe Burns innings because he'd get out playing in a way that wasn't natural.

I'm more irritated with Anderson TBH. That 60 should have been 110.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I mean lets look at it realistically. NZ have one batsman who averages over 40 (williamson) Australia has 5 (although Burns will drop below 40 if he gets out I think)

NZ has one bowler who averages under 30 (Boult), Australia has 3.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
I mean lets look at it realistically. NZ have one batsman who averages over 40 (williamson) Australia has 5 (although Burns will drop below 40 if he gets out I think)

NZ has one bowler who averages under 30 (Boult), Australia has 3.

Yeah but....if they only had of won the toss they woulda bowled the Aussies out for 60! Just like Trent Bridge.

Iafeta

Referee
Firstly there's no question of Australia's ability or their position in the match. So before an Australian rants that my view is because of their dominance, that would be dead wrong.

But FFS, can we get a wicket that isn't as flat as a basketball court and as dry as a bit of burnt toast? Batsmen these days already have over powered bats and smaller boundaries, why they almost never have to bat on a wicket that does a bit after the first 90 minutes is beyond me. This one is in the WACA class, very poor. Test cricket is becoming very one dimensional and its removing the nuances that made test cricket awesome. Groundsmen seem too scared about matches going deep into day 5 rather than try to test batting techniques.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Firstly there's no question of Australia's ability or their position in the match. So before an Australian rants that my view is because of their dominance, that would be dead wrong.

But FFS, can we get a wicket that isn't as flat as a basketball court and as dry as a bit of burnt toast? Batsmen these days already have over powered bats and smaller boundaries, why they almost never have to bat on a wicket that does a bit after the first 90 minutes is beyond me. This one is in the WACA class, very poor. Test cricket is becoming very one dimensional and its removing the nuances that made test cricket awesome.

Besides that WACA pitch which was honestly one of the worst pitch I can remember Australia hasnt struggled to take 20 wickets over the series ?

JJ

Immortal
Weren't Australia supposed to be rissoled in NZ?

Mainly Australians saying that IIRC, we thought would be competitive - and that was assuming Taylor batting at 4 - aside from McCullum's innings we haven't been at all competitive in the tests here which is disappointing given we were in 2/3 in Australia

JJ

Immortal
Besides that WACA pitch which was honestly one of the worst pitch I can remember Australia hasnt struggled to take 20 wickets over the series ?

which speaks to the shitness/mental fragility in our batting

JJ

Immortal
The amazing Kiwi wicket. Not flat when they bat but flat when Australia does.

You really think these wickets have been the same from the 1st afternoon on?

Again, you're pumping us but let's not pretend the character of the wickets changed - they're not like the English ones that stay fresh

Pete Cash

Post Whore
which speaks to the shitness/mental fragility in our batting

Or the fact we are just a better side....in general. Certainly not perfect and we could still lose this test but on the balance we are better than NZ. I know that hurts your soul but these are the facts and have been proven over the summer.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think McCullum should bowl Williamson more for a bit of variety. he might buy a wicket. If Australia just bleed him take him out the attack.

JJ

Immortal
Or the fact we are just a better side....in general. Certainly not perfect and we could still lose this test but on the balance we are better than NZ. I know that hurts your soul but these are the facts and have been proven over the summer.

Slightly better (semantics, we're saying the same thing) - but we should have won Adelaide, and like it or not the toss has been important here...

It doesn't hurt my soul, I just think the difference is relatively small, and our selectors need to give up on a couple of lost causes

Latest posts