What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It honestly looked like it knocked him out cold by his reaction. He is a weird theatrical fellow but that fall was not good.

JJ

Immortal
It honestly looked like it knocked him out cold by his reaction. He is a weird theatrical fellow but that fall was not good.

Yeah, looked like he was initially dazed - but as you say his movements are weird to start so who knows - didn't play it well though

JJ

Immortal
Dominant session for Australia - that professional disciplined approach to batting is the difference imo - we simply haven't put together partnerships, and when we have they've been smaller and then wickets have been gifted

Iafeta

Referee
You guys are more deluded than I was willing to give you credit for :lol:

Why? I've been saying it for a while now irrespective of who's playing or results. Perhaps it's the romance of youth, but watching Ambrose, Akram, and the seamers of the 80s was great fun because it was a challenge. Either bowlers (not Hazlewood who I think is genuinely excellent) as a collective are poor these days or pitches are feather beds and those bowlers in this era also may not be effective, don't know what the real answer is, but it seems to me we are going through a very pro batter era.

Iafeta

Referee
Wouldn't mind getting a copy of Walter Hadlees tour diary book. Now that'd be very fascinating for a cricket nostalgia fanatic like myself.

JJ

Immortal
Wouldn't mind getting a copy of Walter Hadlees tour diary book. Now that'd be very fascinating for a cricket nostalgia fanatic like myself.

Yep - pretty good team that... Donnelly, Sutcliffe, Reid, Cowie for a start - think Cowie was past his best

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Or the fact we are just a better side....in general. Certainly not perfect and we could still lose this test but on the balance we are better than NZ. I know that hurts your soul but these are the facts and have been proven over the summer.

I have conceded this for a long time. NZ are a level below Australia in Test cricket right now.

Bazal

Post Whore
Firstly there's no question of Australia's ability or their position in the match. So before an Australian rants that my view is because of their dominance, that would be dead wrong.

But FFS, can we get a wicket that isn't as flat as a basketball court and as dry as a bit of burnt toast? Batsmen these days already have over powered bats and smaller boundaries, why they almost never have to bat on a wicket that does a bit after the first 90 minutes is beyond me. This one is in the WACA class, very poor. Test cricket is becoming very one dimensional and its removing the nuances that made test cricket awesome. Groundsmen seem too scared about matches going deep into day 5 rather than try to test batting techniques.

There's still enough in this pitch if you bowl well....

This is a good looking and more importantly settled Australian batting line up. They all have scored runs from the first day of our Australian summer to this current test. Khawaja, Smith and Voges have been the most consistent of the bunch, but Warners, Burns and yes, S Marsh's contributions have also been handy. Burns, yesterday and right now looking composed and giving his position in the team which perhaps has been the most under threat is further demonstrating that we might be on the verge of a really good team for the next couple of years at least.

Latest posts