What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

Australian Cricketers Under Fire For Acting Like Australian Cricketers

IN 2001, SHANE WARNE was clubbed over the rope for six runs by a little-known Zimbabwean batsman by the name of Stuart Carlisle, during a friendly one day international between our two nations.

It would’ve been like any other match, but Warne immortalised Carlisle the only way he could.

Watching the ball sail over the boundary, the legspinner bent over and spoke directly into the stump microphone – broadcasting his immortal sledge into the lounge rooms of sports fans around the world.

“You f**king arsey merkin,” said Warne, loud and clear.

Since then, people are still being shocked by the way Australian cricketers conduct themselves while out in the middle.

The incumbent national side is drawing fire currently for asking who the third f**king umpire was during the Second Test with New Zealand today.

“I don’t know why they’re blowing up about it,” said Warne.

“Anybody who’s played against Australia will tell you that we don’t mind dropping a few f**ks, merkins or whatevers out on the oval – it’s not like it’s high tea at Nan’s place now is it?”

This time, it’s the unsurprisingly sheepish Kiwi team who’ve been offended by the Australians, as they have been so many times in the past.

The home commentary team took exceptional offence to bowler Josh Hazelwood and captain Steve Smith accosting the umpire out on the pitch, after they deferred a call to the third umpire.

Both Smith and Hazelwood were sure that in-form Kiwi dangerman Kane Williamson was out LBW, but hotspot proved otherwise – but the Aussie weren’t having a bar of it.

“It’s not against the f**king rules for me to ask who the f**king third umpire is,” said Hazelwood.

“That’s all I f**king asked now I’ve got every merkin breathing down my neck, telling me to pull my f**king head in and to stop acting like a silly merkin. Jesus.”

Play continues with the home side leading the tourists by 176 runs in the second innings.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/head...g-like-australian-cricketers-in-christchurch/

chigurh

The short bowling tactic is fine. I wouldn't mind doing it ourselves against the tail on some occasions for a couple of overs. Could become a regular role for Wagner in the kiwi side.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I remember when Boult got all those wickets against us in the world cup game at eden park and i laughed cos they were all from terrible balls with the Aussies flashing at wide ones and chomping onto the stumps dud deliveries

The moral of this story is that Boult has done nothing since and Haynetrain wins again.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Mitchell Johnson did pretty well too

Also, clear you never saw Botham

I suspect he saw Botham 2.0

[youtube]Q4uo123pbq4[/youtube]

He had like 5 brilliant years to start with for half his wickets, then 10 or 11 more years of crap for the remaining half. Botham himself admits his bowling went to custard from late 1981 and during 1982 throughout to 1992 really. He acts like he cannot work out why during his commentary stints, I'm surprised Holding does not ask him how much weight he gained, drinking increased, smoking, womanising, or all the other endearing qualities beefy is so loved for that year.

But 1981 was a year for him to celebrate for the rest of your life I guess. Most famous and celebrated summer of test cricket, ever. Because due a large part to his brilliant performances, with some support from Bob Willis and Brearley. So who can blame him.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see the Kiwi tail end make a game of it instead of rolling over.

200 on this pitch with 120 or so to get on day 5 on a wearing pitch could be tricky but the pitch still seems pretty flat and not too many signs of wear.

Day 5 will be interesting if we lose a few early ones.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah i saw Botham consistently fail against the might of the Windies

Right - a lot of people did poorly against arguably the greatest team in history...

Young Botham was amazing, there was an Ashes series, as I recall :lol:

Sir Ian Botham 1 Australia 0 Haynetrain -5

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And I see the usual social media whores are at it again. Foxsports and the Telecrap to name a few.

"Aussie swears on cricket pitch" is hardly news, although they tend to use a bit more dramatic license.

JJ

Immortal
They did behave like dicks to be fair - fines at the least in order, perhaps more, it was stupid and ugly

JJ

Immortal
:lol: Johnson and Starc can type, :lol: now if only they could be rational and make sense

ANTiLAG

First Grade
:lol: Johnson and Starc can type, :lol: now if only they could be rational and make sense

Well Mitch Johnson can type words out phonetically. :lol:

But there is more going on there with Mitch in his defense of swearing.

ANTiLAG

First Grade

Allowed to do all those things Mitch, just not allowed to be arseholes - tough for ya clearly

Yeah, go on to Johnson's feed - I think he regrets posting on twitter today.

I love the 'but playing cricket is hard' so turn off the "stump mikes" [sic]. That is top shelf entitlement.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Why the f**k would johnson care what no hopers who have never done anything post on twitter lol

Because he posted to those no hopers to let them no what he thought on the matter

And they turned on him.

Fickle overseas fans with their correct spelling.

Playing a game to for a television audience for millions of dollars a year is hard. We need some privacy during the game to swear and dissent and stuff goddammit.

Last edited: