What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Won't somebody think of the children!!, sure he deserved to be fined for swearing at an ump but it's hardly the crime of the century.

Hutty1986

Immortal
:lol: no surprise that nuffy Mark Richardson has had a cry about it...hes still sooking about the aussies being big meanies in the WC final last year

Rod

Bench
It says a lot that all NZ has to do is not act like assholes and they get accused of being fake good guys and all that spirit of cricket crap.

Aussie are clearly a better test side than us and yet their behaviour is a disgrace, and no not just because of the Hazlewood incident. Any time a period of play does not go in their favour they resort to acting like children. Shameful for such a historically good cricket nation.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It says a lot that all NZ has to do is not act like assholes and they get accused of being fake good guys and all that spirit of cricket crap.

Aussie are clearly a better test side than us and yet their behaviour is a disgrace, and no not just because of the Hazlewood incident. Any time a period of play does not go in their favour they resort to acting like children. Shameful for such a historically good cricket nation.
Do you feel better now??? Let it all out.

lockyno1

Post Whore
NZ are like Exosphere, all hype and no substance. They might fluke 1 in 6, but most of the times they will lose, as they just are not that good.

JJ

Immortal
We've all agreed you've smashed us - hilarious that the one day things don't go your way the players revert to type, and some ex-players suggest it's a stump mike issue - when patently it's not, without hearing anything what they (not sure wht just Hazelwood is singled out) did was wrong (and remember the decision was 100% correct). Other Australians say "anyone would react that way in that situation" - clearly not true either, most players know not to aggressively confront an umpire(again the NZ'ers didn't in Adelaide nor Wellington when clear mistakes were made - you think they weren't frustrated??) The umpires got it right (as they did in the ODI) and the Aussies got ugly... Same in tennis, players can't do it - even in baseball, when they do it they are removed from the game...

Congratulations on the win, the test cricket has been very impressive, unfortunately to anyone but the one-eyed patriots they let themselves down yesterday

Meapro Ham

Juniors
We've all agreed you've smashed us - hilarious that the one day things don't go your way the players revert to type, and some ex-players suggest it's a stump mike issue - when patently it's not, without hearing anything what they (not sure wht just Hazelwood is singled out) did was wrong (and remember the decision was 100% correct). Other Australians say "anyone would react that way in that situation" - clearly not true either, most players know not to aggressively confront an umpire(again the NZ'ers didn't in Adelaide nor Wellington when clear mistakes were made - you think they weren't frustrated??) The umpires got it right (as they did in the ODI) and the Aussies got ugly... Same in tennis, players can't do it - even in baseball, when they do it they are removed from the game...

Congratulations on the win, the test cricket has been very impressive, unfortunately to anyone but the one-eyed patriots they let themselves down yesterday

Now now fella. Losing is hard I know. And hearing cricketers swear can be highly traumatic as well. But you'll get over it in time.

Snappy

Coach
Would the kiwis be sooking over this incident so much if they were about to win the series ?

The simple answer is no.

The day before they were crying about excessive appealing. Day four we have the swearing incident. Things if they were winning would seem insignificant really. Mountains from molehills.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Would the kiwis be sooking over this incident so much if they were about to win the series ?

The simple answer is no.

The day before they were crying about excessive appealing. Day four we have the swearing incident. Things if they were winning would seem insignificant really. Mountains from molehills.

Sooking? I do find it interesting how most of you lot resort to back slapping jokes or deflection from the issue, rather than admittance that the behaviour is not acceptable. I doubt anyone would accept the way Hazlewood spoke to the umpire as being in the context of respect. That's the crux of the issue. Not who is winning or who isn't (game isn't over yet btw). It's a matter of respect to the officials. Yes I understand it's sport and they're playing for their national team, but what aspect of Australia is that demonstrating? I understand there is the odd f word, and I understand players disagree. But that was well over the top.

Back to the Sooking comment. Would we Sooking if we were winning? No, we would probably be mocking that redneck display I guess. And I would say the neutral cricket fans would be ridiculing you.

It certainly is a weird defensive psyche you blokes wind yourselves up into over this. You could let it die a weak death by ignoring it, but for some reason people like yourself want to bring more light on it. Strange.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Sooking? I do find it interesting how most of you lot resort to back slapping jokes or deflection from the issue, rather than admittance that the behaviour is not acceptable. I doubt anyone would accept the way Hazlewood spoke to the umpire as being in the context of respect. That's the crux of the issue. Not who is winning or who isn't (game isn't over yet btw). It's a matter of respect to the officials. Yes I understand it's sport and they're playing for their national team, but what aspect of Australia is that demonstrating? I understand there is the odd f word, and I understand players disagree. But that was well over the top.

Back to the Sooking comment. Would we Sooking if we were winning? No, we would probably be mocking that redneck display I guess. And I would say the neutral cricket fans would be ridiculing you.

It certainly is a weird defensive psyche you blokes wind yourselves up into over this. You could let it die a weak death by ignoring it, but for some reason people like yourself want to bring more light on it. Strange.

Ryan HarrisVerified account
‏@r_harris413
@Dorries_cmail @MitchJohnson398 the microphones shouldn't be on Ben! They aren't suppose to be on!turn them off and we have no problem!

Ben Dorries ‏@Dorries_cmail 11h11 hours ago Brisbane, Queensland
Ben Dorries Retweeted Ryan Harris
With respect, disagree mate. Reckon umps would still have a problem with being sworn at, regardless of microphones

Mitchell Johnson ‏@MitchJohnson398 11h11 hours ago
It's time for the stump mikes to be turned off. Sure, we have all said a swear word when frustrated #NZvAUS #turnstumpmikeoff #notperfect