What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sooking? I do find it interesting how most of you lot resort to back slapping jokes or deflection from the issue, rather than admittance that the behaviour is not acceptable. I doubt anyone would accept the way Hazlewood spoke to the umpire as being in the context of respect. That's the crux of the issue. Not who is winning or who isn't (game isn't over yet btw). It's a matter of respect to the officials. Yes I understand it's sport and they're playing for their national team, but what aspect of Australia is that demonstrating? I understand there is the odd f word, and I understand players disagree. But that was well over the top.

Back to the Sooking comment. Would we Sooking if we were winning? No, we would probably be mocking that redneck display I guess. And I would say the neutral cricket fans would be ridiculing you.

It certainly is a weird defensive psyche you blokes wind yourselves up into over this. You could let it die a weak death by ignoring it, but for some reason people like yourself want to bring more light on it. Strange.

Haze copped a fine for his language but will it stop bowlers from using language ?

Never

Its a reactive comment. When you are busting your arse trying to get a wicket and things go against you, its very hard, or near impossible (for me anyway) not to express frustration. We put up with people swearing on here how many times a day ?

Does anyone complain ?

Why is it OK for members here to use expletives yet they are also the members complaining when some one else uses the same language ?

It doesn't excuse Haze and ICC have to be seen to be doing something so he gets a slap on the wrist but will that stop it form ever happening again ?

Its been happening since people begun playing sport but nowdays the players can be heard with the modern technology used, where as previously it could not be heard. Nothing new here.

Further its about time the Kiwi broadcasters caught up with the rest of the world with the 7 second delay so expletives can be censored because it happens in sport all over the world every day and it wont stop just because it cost Haze 15% of his match fee.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan HarrisVerified account
‏@r_harris413
@Dorries_cmail @MitchJohnson398 the microphones shouldn't be on Ben! They aren't suppose to be on!turn them off and we have no problem!

Ben Dorries ‏@Dorries_cmail 11h11 hours ago Brisbane, Queensland
Ben Dorries Retweeted Ryan Harris
With respect, disagree mate. Reckon umps would still have a problem with being sworn at, regardless of microphones

Mitchell Johnson ‏@MitchJohnson398 11h11 hours ago
It's time for the stump mikes to be turned off. Sure, we have all said a swear word when frustrated #NZvAUS #turnstumpmikeoff #notperfect

cherry picking much ?

why didn't you post Mitch Johnson's next comment ?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Haze copped a fine for his language but will it stop bowlers from using language ?

Never

Its a reactive comment. When you are busting your arse trying to get a wicket and things go against you, its very hard, or near impossible (for me anyway) not to express frustration. We put up with people swearing on here how many times a day ?

Does anyone complain ?

Why is it OK for members here to use expletives yet they are also the members complaining when some one else uses the same language ?

It doesn't excuse Haze and ICC have to be seen to be doing something so he gets a slap on the wrist but will that stop it form ever happening again ?

Its been happening since people begun playing sport but nowdays the players can be heard with the modern technology used, where as previously it could not be heard. Nothing new here.

Further its about time the Kiwi broadcasters caught up with the rest of the world with the 7 second delay so expletives can be censored because it happens in sport all over the world every day and it wont stop just because it cost Haze 15% of his match fee.

Haze copped a fine for dissent. Not his language as such.

Why are the Kiwi broadcasters and stump mics the problem?

Isn't dissent to the umpires the problem?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
cherry picking much ?

why didn't you post Mitch Johnson's next comment ?

Matt Jones ‏@mattjonesy6
@MitchJohnson398 even as a park cricketer I know you must treat an umpire with respect and not act like a twat,which,unfortunately Josh did

Mitchell JohnsonVerified account
‏@MitchJohnson398
@mattjonesy6 stick to playing park cricket. Happy to come down and bowl a few at you if you like and see how u react?!

Ben DorriesVerified account
‏@Dorries_cmail Ben Dorries Retweeted Mitchell Johnson
I'm happy to umpire!!

Mitchell Johnson ‏@MitchJohnson398
Maybe fans/supporters who go to the games and swear/abuse at players should be fined on the spot?! Just a question #notcondoningabuse

mozza91

Coach
No suprise that when we're hammering you lot, yet again you find an issue away from the actual game itself to get on your high horse about.

Be sure to let what Hazlewood said eat away at you to the point that whenever we play you in a future series Ian Smith will constantly bring it up and be on the verge of tears when he does.

Snappy

Coach
Sooking? I do find it interesting how most of you lot resort to back slapping jokes or deflection from the issue, rather than admittance that the behaviour is not acceptable. I doubt anyone would accept the way Hazlewood spoke to the umpire as being in the context of respect. That's the crux of the issue. Not who is winning or who isn't (game isn't over yet btw). It's a matter of respect to the officials. Yes I understand it's sport and they're playing for their national team, but what aspect of Australia is that demonstrating? I understand there is the odd f word, and I understand players disagree. But that was well over the top.

Back to the Sooking comment. Would we Sooking if we were winning? No, we would probably be mocking that redneck display I guess. And I would say the neutral cricket fans would be ridiculing you.

It certainly is a weird defensive psyche you blokes wind yourselves up into over this. You could let it die a weak death by ignoring it, but for some reason people like yourself want to bring more light on it. Strange.

You've missed the point. Everyone has acknowledged it was poor form. He got fined and times to move on from what was a small incident. Yet there are numerous pages here dedicated you kiwi fans making a mountain out of a molehill. Again.... If NZ was winning your fans wouldnt be making such a big deal over it.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
lol, good source

in other words its your opinion

What? It is not my opinion he plead guilty to dissent and not swearing. It is a fact. The swearing was part of the dissent shown.

Do you know the difference beteeen fact and opinion?

I expect this from some posters, but I thought more of you Twiz...

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
keep clutching

never hard of anyone being charged with swearing hence the dissent charge

Hutty1986

Immortal
Good first hour, hopefully Burnsy keeps leaving the short stuff alone. Big innings for both him & Khawaja, would be fantastic if they could finish the job

Meth

Staff member
This game is as good as over, unfortunately.

We were 50 runs short of a contest, minimum and I can't see these blokes getting on top of the Aussies.

Well done Aussies. I don't care about Hazelwood swearing...Australia have been the better team over 5 Tests.