What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

You're dreaming. The ball deviated off the bat.

Try these guys

Specsavers%20logo.png

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Only reading cric info, what was said?

Smith didn't say anything as such, but the manner in which he asked for the review by yelling "ump", then led the march with players behind him carrying pitchforks to question the umpire is not necesssarily fineworthy, but not needed in the game. It could be perceived as being intimidatory. I would say it was definitely demonstrative of dissent, if not of the on field umpire, then definitely the third umpire. I know Aussies play hard n all, I'm not saying Smith should be fined, but he should be cautioned. As someone else said, it was ugly.

Hazelwood proceeded to state his opinion that the bat hit the ground and demanded to know who the f*cking third umpire is.

Unfortunately for Hazelwood the stump mic was on and it was broadcast live. Sky will get in trouble for broadcasting the swearing I imagine.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Think he wanted the "it could have been anything" rule applied

The exact same thought entered my mind, but I was going to stay silent on it until the full whinge had occurred over a correct decision :p

chigurh

I'm watching a stream at work shrunk down to about 3x3cm so hard to comment on the decision, but didn't look like RTS was used?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm watching a stream at work shrunk down to about 3x3cm so hard to comment on the decision, but didn't look like RTS was used?

Was not needed. The front on showed the ball hit the bat and deviate. This was the main evidence used by the 3rd umpire. Hot spot confirmed where the ball had hit the edge of the bat down low.

Cracking delivery. Would have got most NZ batsman out. But not KW.

JJ

Immortal
I'm not watching atm, but everything I read suggests the classy Australians have reared their heads again - shame, as they've been good here - but when things don't go their way they get petulant and spit the dummy - funny thing is, our players don't - just the fans and media :lol:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Man im missing all the fun....

If haze got picked up swearing at the umpire on the stump mic he should be fined. Thems the risks you take when swearing around the stumps lol

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm not watching atm, but everything I read suggests the classy Australians have reared their heads again - shame, as they've been good here - but when things don't go their way they get petulant and spit the dummy - funny thing is, our players don't - just the fans and media :lol:

Smith is wearing his emotions on his sleeve. He went tea pot at Peter Neville after a KW edge didn't quite carry. Softest hands saved KW.

Hazelwood and Patto have bowled beautifully. Every over they look likely for a wicket.

But Smith must know he has been bowling them to the nth degree. He has not bowled Marsh or Bird much at all, and a new ball is about to be due.

If NZ hold out Patto and Hazelwood with the new ball, they will be exhausted and must need a break from bowling at some point.

Have to say, for bowling quality, Patto and Hazelwood are putting on a display of Steyn and Rabada quality. They are exceptional. Their endurance leaves Tim and Trent with some thinking to do I say. Hazelwood is a machine. He did the same thing at Adelaide. Just bowled and bowled and bowled.

At this point in time, Hazelwood has bowled more than 1/3 of the overs for the innings and the first session. What a monumental effort.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
raining- and I work 10 mins from the ground

Last edited:
Was not needed. The front on showed the ball hit the bat and deviate. This was the main evidence used by the 3rd umpire. Hot spot confirmed where the ball had hit the edge of the bat down low.

Cracking delivery. Would have got most NZ batsman out. But not KW.

Illingworth never even said anything about deviatiation you prat.
He said he saw a hot spot.

Meth

Staff member
and the rain has stopped as quickly as it came. hopefully if there is a delay, it'll be a short one

Lego_Man

First Grade
Williamson getting bogged down. Would rather get his century before rain break and/or the new rock.

Latest posts