What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v stains

newman

First Grade
3, Ricky Stuart,
2, Brett Kearney
1, Greg Bird.

Noddy got lucky tonight. It may be enough to turn his career, it may not. Lets see.

The Popper

Bench
coolumsharkie said:
Did you watch Canberra play this week?
Yep, that was a worse display, IMO.
Still going by the old adage `you only play as well as the opposing team let's you', I think this was our best win for some time. Could be different next week when we back up against our bogey team `Wests Tigers' at Campbelltown.
Best for mine:
3 - Bird
2 - Noddy
1 - Kearney
IMO Covell played exceptionally well too.
On Seymour, I think he is a great foil** for Noddy. That the tries were all scored by our backs bear testimony to this. Nothing fancy, just shovel the ball out and the tries came. IMO Dykes has much better individual skills but he and Noddy often seem not to gel. I'd give Seymour another go.

**New Webster's Dictionary......`foil':- something that sets off or enhances something else.

imasharkie

Coach
3. Tweetie
2. Thommo
1. Noodles

The dwarf had a good game and deserved a point, only his kicking game is atrocious, so he only gets a 1/2 from me.
Sticky desrves a giant wrap. Loved his thoughts on the game at the media call. He will bring us a premmi one day.

Boldo

Juniors
Were you clowns watching the same game that I was. noddy's kicking was good! He was clearly told to change his kicks up a bit and try a few different things. He set up the Simmons try for a kick and got a repeat set which you clowns always say he doesn't get.

Simmons was also excellent on the wing.

Pomeroy was bloody hopeless. he scored 2 tries but bombed 2. Hannay would have had a hat-trick tonight.

My points;

Noddy 3
Loo Loo 2
Simmons 1

coolumsharkie

Referee
Boldo said:
Were you clowns watching the same game that I was. noddy's kicking was good! He was clearly told to change his kicks up a bit and try a few different things. He set up the Simmons try for a kick and got a repeat set which you clowns always say he doesn't get.

Pomeroy was bloody hopeless. he scored 2 tries but bombed 2. Hannay would have had a hat-trick tonight.

My points;

Noddy 3
Loo Loo 2
Simmons 1

:shock: :lol:

Simmo was ok, that try was brilliant ... noddy's kicking was same old Noddy. No pressure what so ever.

He got lucky on a few kicks tonight, the rest of his game was above average though.

Didn't you see Bird from where you were standing?

The other Brett got a trifecta I think.

sticky ricky

Juniors
3 - Bird
2 - Kearney
1 - Douglas

With special mention to Ben Ross who i thought had a strong game off the bench. He needed the benching as a wake up call and it worked a treat. Well done Ricky.

sticky ricky

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
Yeah I will be... so he defended well, f**k me dead he's a f*cken pivot, he offered nothing in attack.. yet he didnt do anything wrong either.

That's because he never had the ball, it was all noddy's show tonight

Boldo

Juniors
I have come to expect a solid performance from Bird.

I think Kimmorley was excellent. He set up nearly all of the tries.

Kearney was alos good. his tries were somewhat fortunate. He should definitely be in the team and fullback is his spot.

Quigs

Immortal
I wasn't at all wrapped in Nodds kicking game. The try by Simmons was scored by his own brilliance...(that hurt to type that - but if he is in 1st grade keep him away from fullback)

Watch the replay and see how many went out on the full. How many were charged down...

Whats the old saying, "Champions have all the time in the world."

He played a good gutsy game, I'll take my hat of to him... but sh!t what would of happend if we had a Prince or Thurston out there.

I still remember the Titans v us clash and was just shaking my head at the distance of standards between their #7 and our #7. Country mile stuff.

Bottom line tonight is - the Stains were deplorable... crap .... showzenhousen ... pathetic words that just roll off your tongue.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

sticky ricky

Juniors
Boldo said:

My points;

Noddy 3
Loo Loo 2
Simmons 1

Mate, he kicks it to their fullback or wingers too many times on the full and the short kicking game is still a worry.

The try to simmo was more great work from simmo than clever placement from noddy. The ball was going out and simmo did really well to get to it and put it down. A lot of other wingers wouldn't have scored.

chili pepper

Bench
sticky ricky said:
That's because he never had the ball, it was all noddy's show tonight

Interesting because the call i listened to were commenting how noddy was getting less ball (in the 1st half at least) than usual and was only handling about twice per set. I assumed this was a factor in our form turn around

Inferno

Coach
3. Bird (don't think he will play SOO, but with the shoe in for lock gone, you never know. Should definitely play city/country though)
2. Kearney apart from missing that last bomb by miles he was outstanding. Getting better every week though and looked our most dangerous with the ball in hand.
1. Dougy, man mountain week in week out.

Why is Thommo getting so many votes, I thought he had a very average game by his standards.

Noddy's kicking game was solid at best, someone needs to teach that midget to put up a bomb, honest to god I saw one that was so bad it looked like a chip kick gone wrong.

Special mention to Simmo, that first try was a thing of beauty. Was it just me or did he play a little centre as well?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It was that way. The forwards were gradually building confidence as kimmorley got out of their way & let them run off better ball players or straight off the ruck. Timing was much improved because there was no double pumping or telegraphed inside balls.

chili pepper

Bench
was Kinga distribution better as well?

i also noticed that our dummy-half runs stats were up - before de Gois came on.

I'm assuming that kinga played a lot better - although i do recall a shocker of a kick

chili pepper

Bench
But I reckon ricky may keep him in a wing-style role. I'm not really sold on this theory. id Isaac is our best and is capable (or will be later in the season) of playing 80min then he should ne the sole 9. I'm not convinced teams get the best value out of 2 hookers in a 17 man squad

imasharkie

Coach
Timing was much improved because there was no double pumping or telegraphed inside balls.

Have to agree with that comment Reefman.

Although there was still a few telegraphed inside balls, notably to Williams and Gallen.

sticky ricky

Juniors
chili pepper said:
Interesting because the call i listened to were commenting how noddy was getting less ball (in the 1st half at least) than usual and was only handling about twice per set. I assumed this was a factor in our form turn around

A lot of forward play from dummy half and heaps of dummy half running esp. from inside our own half. There was 10m easy everytime to be made from there.

Once we were in their half on the attack though noddy was nearly always the only attacking option but he def. looked better than previous weeks. And i'd even saw that he did look dangerous at times!

Latest posts