What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs. Titans

bluefox68

Staff member
Great game. Forwards may be limited, but they at least tried to prove a point.

3 - Katoa
2 - Trindall
1 - Ramien

HM - Brailey / Nicho / BHU / Talakai / Nikora

Left Right Out Award - Moylan

Frenzy.

Immortal
In a team that had no bad players I have to look at who influenced the result most.

3: Trindall - He'll own this team within a year if Fitz persists with him. If not he'll do it elsewhere. Would be hard to argue that when he's in the side he doesn't own the team already. He's a wizard.
2: Williams - hard to believe he was only on for 38 minutes. Seemed to be everywhere. Massive influence from the bench. 100% tackle efficiency no errors again (mentioned only for the haters). He's a beast. He made 135 metres in 13 runs over 38 metres and 67 (pretty much 50%) of them were PCM. Played the ball at 2.91 seconds. Set up the ruck roll. Hurts qhunts. He's closest thing to Gallen since Gallen.
1: Hannah Montana. Annoying little prick because he won't do what he can do in every game but last night owned the ruck in momentum. 57 metres in 5 runs. All off quick PTBs from the pigs and most off the back of Williams. Unheard of for him. Service was better and like Mr Anger Man said last week he's getting away from the ruck more to provide for the runners and move the big snorkels in the D line for the opp so they can't just plant, stand and tackle the runners easily.

Ramien was massive as well. Nicho does better without the responsibility of being "the man". I didn't mind the work of Tody either. Sure he gets gassed and makes errors under fatigue but while he was energised he was pretty hard to handle. I think the coaching people have to be pushing him below the E on the tank so he can have more for any September games we may play in.

So many others did great work last night but guess what? Still worlds away from Penrith and Brisbane.

Weaponhead

Coach
3. Trindall - urgency in defence was very pleasing. Range of passing was great. The cut out to Talakai was superb as was the short ball to Wade. Solid kicking game.
2. Brailey - ran the ball with purpose. Cut up their middle. Do it more often. Showed some guile on the crash balls to isolate defenders.
1. Ramien - focused game. Defended well. Ran hard. That is the good Jesse who concentrates.

HMs
Talakai - silky hands and power running. Wade - big effort. Guiding Trindall to keep the left edge working.
Williams - playing a key role as 3rd middle. Strong carries and tackles.

DJDL

Bench
Obviously stats don’t tell the full story, but Toby’s we’re pretty comparable with BHU’s.

BHU played 5 minutes longer, made 8 more metres, 4 less tackles and missed 2 more tackles.

Toby did his job without being outstanding IMHO.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Obviously stats don’t tell the full story, but Toby’s we’re pretty comparable with BHU’s.

BHU played 5 minutes longer, made 8 more metres, 4 less tackles and missed 2 more tackles.

Agree with this….Toby’s only what 3 games back from 3 months off with a foot injury. Was always gonna take a while to get some miles in the legs considering the injury. Think he’ll be fine come semifinal time.

Special K

Coach
I think the biggest thing is Toby and BHU playing as a unit. They need each other and when one is out the other is asked to do too much.

Toby is getting the fitness back.

R-15-3

Bench
Just rewatched the game and we were even better than I thought live.
If Uele, Rudolph and Hunt keep improving week on week we will finally have a platform for everyone else to do their thing.

Weaponhead

Coach
BHU is quality over quantity. He is an impact player with or without the ball. Toby is worker. Less impact but needs to take his runs and be tidy in defence.

Different players, different roles.

imasharkie

Coach

He made several mistakes and gave away 6 agains either once or twice. I'd much rather have Jessie in his spot.

Latest posts