What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT vs. Raiders

I think most of them are f**kn hopeless these days and I put it down to the insane rhetoric that all of the rules need to be black and white.

Sport isn’t played that way and the referees have lost all of their adjudicating skills they honed in through time spent going through the grades. Once they hit the NRL they become game massagers who have video referral fallbacks.

May as well be robots.

However, how Klein is considered one of the top referees in the game is an absolute laughing matter.
They cannot let a game flow, that's another reason I hate them. If there's not a penalty for about 7 or 8 minutes you know one is coming very soon for absolutely nothing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I personally never care who the ref is. If you are a better team, a couple of calls against mean nothing.

Refs like players get Shyte wrong.

As for Klein seems he is considered by the NRL one of the most senior. Hence as our last few games have been top eight deciding, he has been appointed.

But hey, complain away, this is not a compliant.

This is.

f**k off to France Moylan.

Give Iro a run Fitz.

Chimp

Bench
Listen to James Graham’s podcast interview with Bill Harrigan…

He is super-critical of referees who have no ‘feel for the game’…
One of the big problems with the refs nowadays is that there’s far too much ‘coaching’ of the players by the refs during the game. All this BS about dominant tackles and ‘release’, and ‘not square’ calls…. Just ref what you see - if they’re offside, ping them, if they’re not square, ping them, if they’re holding down, ping them…..
They end up getting manipulated/played by the players and the coaches, because they’re scared to death of penalising the shit out of teams, so teams know they can push the limits.
Throw in adding the bunker as a fall back, and nowadays they rarely make a decision based on their gut feel, so they’ve lost that natural instinct of seeing something happen and making a call….

Stake Removed

First Grade
Listen to James Graham’s podcast interview with Bill Harrigan…

He is super-critical of referees who have no ‘feel for the game’…
He was the best ref I have seen.
Ceechin was actually quiet good as well.
Certain times you need to penalise just to get it to flow, but some of the ones now, I shake my head no idea how they come up with it..
More technology there is worse the refs get, they sweat on decision to be fixed for them

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
We had a pretty good record playing under Matt Cecchin.

Shayne Hayne will forever be the worst referee in NRL history. Wish I had had the time to give him a piece of my mind when I saw him in the Qantas Club around 2006 or so.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We had a pretty good record playing under Matt Cecchin.

Shayne Hayne will forever be the worst referee in NRL history. Wish I had had the time to give him a piece of my mind when I saw him in the Qantas Club around 2006 or so.
He was arrogant.
He was who we had in the Parra shambles match.
He used to play touch footy as well, apparently a d*CK there.
He believed he was the heir apparent to Harrigan, the fake tan.
How the NRL even let him ref first grade was beyond me.
I know it is policital, always has been, but he was a joke as a ref.
I used to know Greg Hartley, not a fav in here but nicest guy off the field

PJ

First Grade
He was arrogant.
He was who we had in the Parra shambles match.
He used to play touch footy as well, apparently a d*CK there.
He believed he was the heir apparent to Harrigan, the fake tan.
How the NRL even let him ref first grade was beyond me.
I know it is policital, always has been, but he was a joke as a ref.
I used to know Greg Hartley, not a fav in here but nicest guy off the field

Cheat on it. Ever ask him what that GF was worth

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bruyeres, Page, Holman, Danzey, Cook, Donnie McDonald

Real refs from the 70s. We knew their names but they were almost anonymous. No one ever knew a touchies name. Got no press. No fanfare. Just reffed games.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Bruyeres, Page, Holman, Danzey, Cook, Donnie McDonald

Real refs from the 70s. We knew their names but they were almost anonymous. No one ever knew a touchies name. Got no press. No fanfare. Just reffed games.
You could imagine when they said to one of those refs you have silver tails vs fibros lol