What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

Meh let the dust settle and people will realize that their knee jerk over reactions were exactly that.

Having said that people are entitled to bitch about they way that it was handled IMO.

Sure, express your opinion about the decision made but to threaten not to support the team you've grown up with is just just piss poor.

Sorry but everybody forgets the Roosters when they let Graham Murray Go. Then When they Sacked Stuart. You all Forget what Mr Duncan said, No Game plan, No 5 Year plan yet alone 1 year.

it's amazing how people convieniently overlook this very point.

That is great that Mr Duncan has found that in the review. I just wonder was Daniel Anderson allowed to respond to those comments. Until his does I would hold reservation on these matters.

Gronk

Staff member
Sure, express your opinion about the decision made but to threaten not to support the team you've grown up with is just just piss poor.

Blood is thicker than water for me. This might toss a few bandwagon supporters of the wagon.

In the end 99% of the serious fans will be there in Feb backing the team. Bet you a $1 even Parra Pete will come back. ;-)

TheRam

Coach
I'm still scratching my head at the hysteria...

what's the point in actually having a review when you can't act on it?

I'm lead to believe that the head coach lost the trust and confidence of a number of people at the club across people, it was evident to me at the Wenty game last week and throughout the season with a few different sources.

Stagger I agree, if the independent review can be trusted, I would have sacked him too.

But that being the case, this whole board are a real worry wouldn't you say?

All I know is that if there is a new ticket for the up and coming elections without any involvement from DF, then I would say they are gonskies bar an absolute miracle and they would deserve it on just the leaks alone.

Freak2

Juniors
This latest cry of emotion really does go to show you that this club STILL HAS 2 sides of the fence.UNFORTUNATELY!

I think 'some' people need to work out what side of the fence they are sitting on, but more importantly together we need to push the fence over and move forward as one. (As we did in 2009)!

Ando has had a target on his back for the majority of this year. The target only become bigger (much bigger) after the success we had in 2009. (Higher expectations) With this change our newly elected regime only has 1 more place to point the finger before they then can only be accountable to themselves and the changes that they have made.

It will be interesting if they do choose to point the finger at the last of the old regime. THE SENIOR PLAYERS???? Not a great re-election strategy, but reading between the lines you would take a fairly educated guess at which side of the fence these particular players are sitting on currently???? A few of which are PDFC life members.....

Only 12 weeks to December.

Might be an interesting off season once again!!!

Utey

Coach
Settle down. I can't imagine moving forward with Ando at the helm. I would have liked to see him here next year, but the board have already done the damage IMO where he honestly would have done more harm than good.

We need to plug these media leaks, fast.

Gronk

Staff member
Stagger I agree, if the independent review can be trusted, I would have sacked him too.

All I know is that if there is a new ticket for the up and coming elections without any involvement from DF, then I would say they are gonskies bar an absolute miracle and they would deserve it on just the leaks alone.

As Rothfield said on Sunday, the Board are hoping for a good start to the season and they did not have the confidence that Ando could do that.

If come April the team are up there the punters will forgive them trust me as they are 1000 times more concerned about the team playing well than anything else.

btaag

Juniors
Blood is thicker than water for me. This might toss a few bandwagon supporters of the wagon.

In the end 99% of the serious fans will be there in Feb backing the team. Bet you a $1 even Parra Pete will come back. ;-)

It would take more than this to stop supporting the Eels - eg: like them being kicked out of the competition! I will always support the Eels, lest I no longer follow Rugby League.

Still, I agree the machinations at board level are worrying, including the incfluence of Sponsors..... If the Eels won a GF, surely they could name their sponsor, and a $1m per year figure may not be coming close to the level of interest.

Come April 2011, the success or failure of this decision will influence the vote for the Board.

Personally, I just want my team to win a Grand Final in my lifetime, regardless of who is the coach!! :crazy: all this talk about passion, etc - Results is what I want. And 110% effort.

Stagger eel

Staff member

there's a third certainty in life after death and taxes, there will be a ticket and don't be surprised if some very familiar faces pop up..

Stagger eel

Staff member
That is great that Mr Duncan has found that in the review. I just wonder was Daniel Anderson allowed to respond to those comments. Until his does I would hold reservation on these matters.

I'm lead to believe that he was asked to respond, but I guess that can be considered as here say..

sooperdooper

First Grade
i cant beleive people are upset?

We finally have a board that dont accept mediocrity...

From all reports that i have heard - Anderson definately is not the man to move this club forward.

I am all for getting some structure back in this place.

CrazyEel

Bench

Yes they are a worry, and granted a new unaligned ticket will have support, but don't be so certain this mob will get the flick from the LC next April.

That's a long way away and while there is a lot of noise on this forum keep in mind most are'nt LC members and many of those that are haven't served the 3 year quialifying period yet. We had a record voter turnout last election and everyone was very surprised at the way this current LC board organised it's voting bloc, was pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Fee

Juniors
I am not so bothered about the fact that Anderson is gone, I am upset at the way it was done. They need to stop running the club in the media and do it where it is supposed to be done, behind closed doors! We have been the laughing stock of the season with all the media leaks. Plug the leaks and get on with the job of running a successful club and team!!:fist:

Gronk

Staff member
i cant beleive people are upset?

We finally have a board that dont accept mediocrity...

From all reports that i have heard - Anderson definately is not the man to move this club forward.

I am all for getting some structure back in this place.

The review was conducted by members of the board. I read that it is referred to an "independent review". We can take that with a grain of salt considering that they sounded out a new coach a few months ago...

Anyway, it's done now and the marriage is over. Like any divorce, people will take sides and the protagonists will lick their wounds.

Time to move on and stop with the he said she said stuff. We're all better now Quade. Really we are. ;-)

CrazyEel

Bench
there's a third certainty in life after death and taxes, there will be a ticket and don't be surprised if some very familiar faces pop up..
And quite frankly that's a good thing, choice and competition for positions at elections will keep pressure on boards to perform which is far better than the fortress the old guard built.

Parramatta_Eels

Juniors
Short memories.

I was just as ashamed during the 90's, when our once proud club turned into a f**king rabble on the field, allowed to by Denis who wouldn't spend his money.
When he did, he gave us pride again.

Some of you lot are emotional babies.
We sacked a coach who has done no more than Hagan did in REAL results. If not for Hayne, we would have been likely wooden spooners two years in succession.

f**k me, get over it.
I'm actually looking forward to next season now.

Suity

You cant leave everything up to one player! Hayne didnt do much all year even for NSW, The hole eels team should be kicked up the butt not just anderson!

Freak2

Juniors
Lets just get one thing straight.

These "LEAKS" are happening in both camps. Where does everyone think Hadley gets his info from????

Gronk

Staff member
Lets just get one thing straight.

These "LEAKS" are happening in both camps. Where does everyone think Hadley gets his info from????

From a coach who was faced with the possibility of being railroaded out of the last year of his contract money.

It would seem on the face of it that he will be paid out now.

Latest posts