What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't understand how the poms have this ball reversing yet the Aussies can't bowl reverse swing? WTF
you won't swing the ball much if you're trying to bowl too fast.

You won't reverse swing it if you don't have the seam up and bowl too fast

El Diablo

Post Whore
Haha mate I think it's a little rich playing that kinda card when non-NSW players cop an absolute battering on here.

rubbish

it's the useless Victorians that cop a bagging

and they are talked up constantly by Victorian media and and Victorian posters

Victorians think dud White should be the Australian captain ffs

and didn't they rave on for yonks about geriatric McGain and we saw how good he was :lol:

Fleming was jerking off over Mick Lewis even the other night :lol:

chefman21

Juniors
That was an incredible ball... If it didn't swing and jags back it was LB or bowled, if it swings it's an edge. Got goosebumps as soon as I saw it.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
So like said it's a bit rich complaining about NSW players copping critcism or flack when you give it out to Victorian players all the time.

And as I post there goes the game...

Evenflow

Bench
Well Khawaja is out now. 37 and 21, should never play tests again. What a failure.

Brad Hodge would have got 886.

Nathan Hauritz would have got 476 and 10 for 22.

Watson should bat 1,2,3,4, and 6 and bowl 38 overs per innings - he is just that good.

Khawaja is from NSW so he will burn in hell.

Watson was run out by Phil Hughes' technique.

And Michael Clarke is a twat he rooted Bingle - unforgivable.

Paranoid much? It is pretty amusing though that most around here can bag absolute sh*t out of any player not from New South Wales ad nauseum but when one of there own cop it back they get so defensive and carry on like you've insulted their mum :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
why cant we get the ball to swing like that, its not as though we are at the Gabba ffs

its really not that hard

beads6

First Grade
Clarke was batting really well, shame would have been nice for him to make more runs in the hope of being Captain for good.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Johnson can't swing a ball to save himself and Hilfenhaus can only bowl hooping outswingers from the hand it seems. So maybe Siddle should have been getting to go a little bit.

chefman21

Juniors
why cant we get the ball to swing like that, its not as though we are at the Gabba ffs

its really not that hard

They are trying too hard and bowling far too short. Best way to swing a ball is to pitch it up, keep the seam upright with virtually no wobble, and don't put effort in to get movement. They aren't doing that. At all. Also, I think they are handling the ball far too much. I remember the Pakis used to throw the ball directly to Akram, Younis and co to keep it nice and dry. Then it would reverse at will.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Paranoid much? It is pretty amusing though that most around here can bag absolute sh*t out of any player not from New South Wales ad nauseum but when one of there own cop it back they get so defensive and carry on like you've insulted their mum :lol:
geeez some people just don't get it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
swinging the ball isn't rocket science, its based on physics and some people cannot bowl the ball without swinging it as its their natural action

its all about the seam up, if its up it pretty much wont go straight

our nuffies seem to have problems getting the seam not to wobble, hence it does nothing

Aussies don't look after the ball well enough now do they even try to bowl reverse...

They don't even pitch it up how can you get it to swing when you're bowling short from atleast 8 metres? Johnson can't even get the seam upright ffs he can't even hold the ball properly in his delivery stride.