What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

Jono1987

Juniors
Like the Eels/Dogs from last year, this game just has that special feel about it. I've got goosebumps already. As far as the crowd is concerned I think it will probably come down to how many neutrals decide to come along. I don't think Tigers or Saints will have trouble producing 30-35k fans each or something along those lines. So here's to hoping we can get 10-15k neutral fans and get close to 80k. We should as I think it's the only major football game on next Saturday night(?)

BM-dog

Juniors
I hope that both clubs have people handing out flyers on becoming club members for next year. I know Parra did at our game against the Dogs last year.
Parra and Canterbury did a fair bit of followup work after that game too. They sent out emails plugging memberships to everyone who bought a ticket, and the dogs also sent membership brochures to everyone who sat in the bulldogs section. Dragons and Tigers should follow their lead.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Like the Eels/Dogs from last year, this game just has that special feel about it. I've got goosebumps already. As far as the crowd is concerned I think it will probably come down to how many neutrals decide to come along. I don't think Tigers or Saints will have trouble producing 30-35k fans each or something along those lines. So here's to hoping we can get 10-15k neutral fans and get close to 80k. We should as I think it's the only major football game on next Saturday night(?)

Well i be happy for the Lang Park game getting 40000 and the ANZ getting 50000 with anymore a bonus.

RL1908

Bench

Pity the theory behind the JVs hasn't come to fruition - it is actually 4 clubs to draw upon - St George, Illawarra, Wests, Balmain.

Lambretta

First Grade
Pity the theory behind the JVs hasn't come to fruition - it is actually 4 clubs to draw upon - St George, Illawarra, Wests, Balmain.

Don't forget Wests moved areas, so really with Ashfield AND Campbelltown it should be 5 oh and Balmain claimed Glebe, so that's 6.

:p

RL1908

Bench
Don't forget Wests moved areas, so really with Ashfield AND Campbelltown it should be 5 oh and Balmain claimed Glebe, so that's 6.

:p

Plus the young 'uns who have only followed the JV club.

The original theory of the JVs was 1 + 1 = 3. Unfortunately, I'm not yet convinced it has been much better than 1 + 1 = 1.

Jono1987

Juniors

Yeah I agree. However I still believe that people under-estimate the amount of fans that were either lost to the joint venture (I'm talking about St. George and Illawarra) or became apathetic to the club. Hopefully those apathetic/casual/bandwagon people all turn out on Saturday night.

_Johnsy

Referee
It would be great if those who purchase tix during the week update thread with pax numbers.

docbrown

Coach
The highest finals attendance was in 2009 with 351,448

The full season attendance record (home and away plus finals) was set in 2009 with 3,435,929.

The highest (home and away plus finals) average was set in 2005 with 17337

For 2010 we are at:

Home & Away Aggregate: 3,149,927 (1st)
Home & Away Average: 16,406 (2nd)
Finals Aggregate: 142,518
Finals Average: 23,753
Total Aggregate (h&a + finals): 3,292,445 (4th)
Total Average: 16,629 (3rd)

Assuming a grand final attendance of approximately 81,500, to break the records we now need:

To break finals aggregate – 127,431 this week – or 2 full houses
To break finals record – we can’t break the all time rugby league record set in 1963, but we can break last year’s NRL record with 2 full houses

To break the total aggregate – 61,985 this week – very likely
To break the total average set in 2005 – 111,000 this week - maybe

Zoggy

Juniors
just heard that tix purchase are suspended for moment. The site was allowing the general public to purchase tickets as well lol.

meltiger

First Grade
Plus the young 'uns who have only followed the JV club.

The original theory of the JVs was 1 + 1 = 3. Unfortunately, I'm not yet convinced it has been much better than 1 + 1 = 1.

Certainly the Wests Tigers enjoy a combined supporter base that neither club had previously.

Besides, looking at it simply from a supporter base perspective is simplistic.

If it were that simple, why the f**k do Cronulla and Penrith stand alone. Balmain & St George destroy anything those two can come up with combined. & that's without factoring in Wests traditional fans + the sth west to our JV, and the Sth Coast to the Stain's JV

dragondad

First Grade
I am considering going as a neutral. Hopefully i can drag some others with me.

I went with family and dragged a rugby yawnion mate along and he absolutely loved it.The game was so tribal and the colour looked awesome.

Will never ever forget the atmosphere that night,as Gus would say, WOW! WOOOW!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Well i was planning a trip to Brisbane on Friday, so i have some money left over from that :D

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
The atmosphere at the Bulldogs vs Eels match last year was out of this world. It had the best atmosphere I have experienced in a long time when there were Grand Finals at the SFS.

Words could not describe how good it was to be a part of that crowd. It gave me goosebumps!

The atmosphere shat all over the Grand Final a week after, but then again it wasn't two Sydney teams.

I really hope that there is a huge turnout this weekend. Rugby League really needs Sydney fans to turn up in numbers and create similar atmospheres a lot more.

If I didn't have my best mate's bucks weekend I would be going without a doubt.

bazza

Immortal
FML I have a friends wedding on the same night . Far out of all the days in the year it had to be that night, I would've loved to go to the game . Last years game we had against the bulldogs was easily the best I've ever been to and I hope the atmosphere can be replicated this year for those that do go .
Note :to anyone planning weddings please avoid the months of September and October .

I will also be groomsman for a huge saints fan on Saturday night.
Last week he was still trying to convince us that they would be playing on Friday....

Latest posts