What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC 7:30 Report

carcharias

Immortal
lead in?

more like a re cap of last seasons cliff hanger .

I was waiting for some big new clusterfark ....and then it was over with nothing new.

Surely

Post Whore
I won't be telling more on the public forum. Maybe, just maybe, I might if the private forum ever eventuates.

I would only consider last nights report as a possible lead in though.

Hearsay cant even be discussed in the private forum, because its not really private, just a forum for sharks supporters and anyone that wants to pretend to be one.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
I won't be telling more on the public forum. Maybe, just maybe, I might if the private forum ever eventuates.

I accept that. So then where is the benefit in giving out these hints to all of us that there is more of this nightmare to come? Not sure if it's very helpful, tbh.

But back to last night's report. Do you believe that anything in there, situated in its proper context, is damaging to the club beyond the bad PR (which is obviously very damaging in itself).

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
There seems to be quite an interest in these, so here's some instructions:

tinfoil_hat_instructions.jpg

Vin Fizz

Bench
Havent read all of the posts here but did pick up the bit about the seperate account though. AFAIK Flanno couldn't set up a bank account (i'm assuming thats what they are on about) on behalf of the Sharkies (again assuming thats what they are on about) without authority of the club I (Bank want all sorts of info to estbalish accounts). If it's his own account then I'm guessing thay are driving at some kind of covert financial arrangement to pay people. Well...ok..maybe.. but it could just as easily be totally above board (ie he's using his own money to do whatever). A bit more speculation in my view.

Feej

First Grade
Havent read all of the posts here but did pick up the bit about the seperate account though. AFAIK Flanno couldn't set up a bank account (i'm assuming thats what they are on about) on behalf of the Sharkies (again assuming thats what they are on about) without authority of the club I (Bank want all sorts of info to estbalish accounts). If it's his own account then I'm guessing thay are driving at some kind of covert financial arrangement to pay people. Well...ok..maybe.. but it could just as easily be totally above board (ie he's using his own money to do whatever). A bit more speculation in my view.

It's most likely that it's totally above board, but I have to admit that it's not a good look and makes it easy for media outlets to draw negative conclusions. In hindsight, there was probably a better way.

Pig Champion

Juniors
lead in?

more like a re cap of last seasons cliff hanger .

I was waiting for some big new clusterfark ....and then it was over with nothing new.

Agreed. Previously on Game of Sharks, Prince Flanno is found to have a secret hoard of gold to build a training room for jousting, Sir Gal accepts gratuities against the kingdoms wishes, sorcery is alleged when dragon juice may have been used by knights of sharkdom.

carcharias

Immortal

It was used to put money raised for the gym that flano built/got built into.

ABC tried to suggest it was from this bank acct that Dank was paid.

This acct was started 1 year after Dank was sacked.

This also tells me ASSADA probably don't have anything linking the sharks to danks in terms of paying for peps.

Maybe our old boards incompetent book keeping could save us. :)

Surely

Post Whore
Of course its ok for unions to have dodgy bank accounts called training funds that you buy houses out off, but don't have one for fund raising which you tile the clubs gym out of using your own labour.

Feej

First Grade
Agreed. Previously on Game of Sharks, Prince Flanno is found to have a secret hoard of gold to build a training room for jousting, Sir Gal accepts gratuities against the kingdoms wishes, sorcery is alleged when dragon juice may have been used by knights of sharkdom.

Great Photoshop opportunity for Quigs right there!

The funniest thing for me was Cullen intimating that there may be 'things' not quite above board. FMD, he's kidding isn't he?

One word - Broncos.

I was one of those fans that was pleased when Cullen was appointed as CEO
Why didnt he report all his missgivings, within weeks of his appointment( ...and why to the media?)
Just shows to me that this man was nothing but a polished turd!
BTW No matter how you polish one , a turd is always a turd!

carcharias

Immortal

haha
but I haven't seen game of thrones yet. Got the DVD's but too lazy to take it on yet.

Am watching Vikings though...which is more up our alley.
Vikings have no written records ...as they did not read nor write.

Quigs

Immortal
Tones just given the Donks 5 Million if he gets in. Now there is a club that really needs some dosh.

Can't Do maybe should see if a Hospital or a School might do with 5 Million.

( I know over to the Qantas thread )

Generalzod

Immortal
Cullen who was with the club for 5 min knows the internal workings of the organisation...GET LOST BRUNO

I recall the matter of the new gym being a feelgood story some months ago, and it mentioned how Flanno had worked voluntarily on it, did the tiling etc. The lengths people go to twist the truth. Having watched the 7.30 report last night I only wish Flannonhad given a bit more of an explanation about the account and the gym, maybe he did and they edited it out.

kmav23

Juniors
Nrl has announced full investigation by the integrity unit into the secret bank accounts.

David smith also stated all other allegations are currently under investigation.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Nrl has announced full investigation by the integrity unit into the secret bank accounts.

David smith also stated all other allegations are currently under investigation.

Excellent, right were it should be. Story over... now can we get on with winning the comp please?

kmav23

Juniors
I was one of those fans that was pleased when Cullen was appointed as CEO
Why didnt he report all his missgivings, within weeks of his appointment( ...and why to the media?)
Just shows to me that this man was nothing but a polished turd!
BTW No matter how you polish one , a turd is always a turd!

Cause the board ignored him rehired all the accused.

He works for the nrl, proxy for nrl.

Nrl is furious .., cronulla is on its own now.