What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC 7:30 Report

Frenzy.

Immortal
I accept that. So then where is the benefit in giving out these hints to all of us that there is more of this nightmare to come? Not sure if it's very helpful, tbh.

But back to last night's report. Do you believe that anything in there, situated in its proper context, is damaging to the club beyond the bad PR (which is obviously very damaging in itself).

Thanks for accepting my stance however you still went fishing :lol:

However, you asked a closed question so I'll answer it as a closed question should be.

Yes.

So the 7.30 report on the ABC government owned station runs a report re the Sharks as the lead story.

On the day that it was known that 500 illegals have arrived on boats in last 3 days, the Mannis island is now full and cannot take anymore. Can PNG officals are saying refugee's will not be resettled in PNG but in Australia.

Now that sounds like a bigger story but hang on let me guess that would effect the Labor government with the polls.

Instead we see the old chestnut when they are having a bad day its time for the Sharks to get some media coverage

Card Shark

Immortal
In fairness Messiah, the public has probably had a gutful of both scenarios but we don't get a say in what shit is reported (& how much truth is in it).

Feej

First Grade
6a00d8341bf80c53ef014e865668a8970d-500wi

Frenzy.

Immortal
So the 7.30 report on the ABC government owned station runs a report re the Sharks as the lead story.

On the day that it was known that 500 illegals have arrived on boats in last 3 days, the Mannis island is now full and cannot take anymore. Can PNG officals are saying refugee's will not be resettled in PNG but in Australia.

Now that sounds like a bigger story but hang on let me guess that would effect the Labor government with the polls.

Instead we see the old chestnut when they are having a bad day its time for the Sharks to get some media coverage

Phuque off! Just phuque off. You are worse than any troll.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
Thanks for accepting my stance however you still went fishing :lol:

However, you asked a closed question so I'll answer it as a closed question should be.

Yes.

Lol, no I didn't. I am questioning what benefit you think can be gained from posting vague allusions to more damaging revelations to come, allusions which cannot (rightly) then be elaborated upon. It was just a general question about your posting style, really, and not meant to be bait.

I would have thought it pretty obvious that "if so, what specific part?" was implied in my initial question, but I accept that the basis for your opinion must be knowledge of matters which are obviously not yet in the public domain.

So as to not contradict my first point, I won't press it any further.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
What the media are saying, is that Labor/ASADA/ACCC/Cops have leaked information to each other about how dank may have been paid.
The net will be well & truly closing in on these departments heads now.
Dead men/women walking.

kmav23

Juniors
What the media are saying, is that Labor/ASADA/ACCC/Cops have leaked information to each other about how dank may have been paid.
The net will be well & truly closing in on these departments heads now.
Dead men/women walking.

yes kevin rudd is on daily discussion with all govt dept heads about the cronulla situation

Cronulla versus Australian Government !

who is going to win ?

Last edited:

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
OK

So people have a chance to watch it.

I think your being a little disingenuous there, tbh.

A lot of Sharks fans will have watched that report last night and thought that it didn't contain any new explosive allegations. The salary cap breach, the Flanagan account, Cullen's criticism, even Dank's use of dodgy chemists - all of these things could be rationalised, rightly or wrongly, based on publicly available information.

But when you describe those that rationalise the report that way as wearing tinfoil hats, it is reasonable to assume you are basing this on information you are privy to which isn't publicly available, and which contradicts their favourable interpretation of what they saw.

You can't elaborate on why you hold that view, and, as I said, that's fair enough, but it does seem to me that by mentioning it you are going beyond simply giving people a heads up that more bad press is to come - i.e. you are telling them that not only is it coming, but that it's justified too.

But meh, in the scheme of things, who cares right. We're all just hoping we come out of this disaster with a club to follow. Apologies for my pedantry. I won't say anything more about it.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It is illegal for any of those departments to disseminate any information to each other unless there is criminal activity.
If the ACC have passed this info on to ASADA /labor who have then in turn leaked to the press, then it is game over.
This is the over riding feeling within the legal circles on every level.
ASADA, ACC & the labor ministers have stepped outside the legal boundaries & made the entire investigation inconsequential.
A long time in court, but the departments will lose.

Latest posts