What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly

rambo1

Juniors
I've stuck up for Albert but I'm disappointed to hear that Ingliss and the Storm are into his ear.

Para have done a lot for this boy and his family and I was told by his grandfather that the boy was happy with us.

If he needed time to clear his head and wander off because of some propaganda Ingliss and the Storm were shoving in his face then he will gradually lose the support of the people that back him here.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Well Hagan is acient history and we now have a capable operator at the club who appears to know what he's doing.

no, if he was that desperate to become a dog he would of been gone by now and you're exactly right if Canterbury want him more than what we do than cest la vie

well, that's not the club or players problem that's just numbskull supporters who place too high an expectation on any player who wears sterlos shirt.

Hey - I'm not disagreeing with ya!

Just saying that people might have a reason for thinking like chicken little "the sky is falling because an 18 year old who is small and can't tackle looks like signing with the Storm"

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey - I'm not disagreeing with ya!

Just saying that people might have a reason for thinking like chicken little "the sky is falling because an 18 year old who is small and can't tackle looks like signing with the Storm"

I wouldn't say he can't tackle, it's actually one of Albie's strengths..

people have just got to take it easy when it comes to having high expectations amongst our young half backs.

Mortimer is not even dominating in NYC, how can he have all these raps on him?

He is an ok player but I think people will be dissapointed with him when he comes up and does nothing. He has alot of Michael Witt about him heaps of hype and little game. I hope I am dead wrong!!

As for Albert.... dissapointing if true. What kills it more than ever is that we have spent so much money on our Juniors and other teams reap the benefits.. NOT FAIR!!!

Jodeci

Bench
Its only Kelly he was never going to stay anyway..

Mortimer is just a rumour Doubt he will go if he is in first grade this/next season

Mate it's not a rumour, it's fact

Kimmorley signed a two yr with an optional 3rd and also Roberts is off contract then also

Barba and Roberts are on their last warnings from the club

It makes sense that he will be at the Dogs

Why would he only sign a 1yr deal???

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mate it's not a rumour, it's fact

Kimmorley signed a two yr with an optional 3rd and also Roberts is off contract then also

Barba and Roberts are on their last warnings from the club

It makes sense that he will be at the Dogs

Why would he only sign a 1yr deal???

now let's see, they're willing to replace Baba for mortimer????...they're f**kin nuts..lol

Gronk

Staff member
I thought that the Hughes and Mortimers were somewhat estranged from the Dogs these days anyway ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
We all know Greenburg's approach. That is you stuff up and your gone

They are maybe looking at Barba and Mortimer their havles for 2011?

can't see both of them on at the same time, you'd have attackers running at them all day...

El Diablo

Post Whore
i suspect dirty tactics by the Storm are behind this. they always go after other clubs best juniors and do nothing for the game

even the Vic Givernment is behind developing League in Melbourne. the Storm do diddly squat

Fathead

Bench
thanks mate

I hope young Tim comes back bigger better than ever, he's a good lad and a dedicated player, on the bright side the next time he plays he won't be under a coach like Fairleigh

as for Abie, cya! goodbye! ta ta!!...we don't need another basketcase here, he's shown nothing since SG Ball to suggest that he'll have a long illustrious career in the game.

Mortimer to me has been a great myth, he's shown nothing to suggest he'll be more than an average firstgrader at best and yet he's been touted as a saviour.

now for the fun bit

Caylo: nice one dude! suddenly we'll be without a halfback in 2011 if these 2 leave? ffa!! DA hasn't even started his recruitment at the club and your making silly statements like our "half back stocks will be down" give yourself a triple!

as for the rest of you, anyone who believes that the club are just sitting on their hands and just letting our players get poached maybe sit back and wait what happens in a few months when we have made some signings and then maybe make a call then.

Damn Stagger .. I just love your posts.

1. I have watched Dan Mortimer a fair few times to be able to make the call that perhaps he may not be the saviour that everyone (and perhaps even himself) think he is.
He doesnt get involved enough at U20s level ! How he goes in NRl is anyones guess. maybe he will excell but most probably he will not.
The comparisons with Steve Witt are very apt. remember Steve Witt used to own the lower competitions.

2. I know this sounds like a love- in but DA is doing a wonderful job at the eels at the moment. He is giving everyone the chance to show thier worth. If they are cut, they cannot sit back and say that they werent given a fair go.

3. There will be a massive shift in policy at Parra in the next few years. Juniors are great but there will be an active interest in other proven NRL players with the maxim - good players attract good players. We will not be paying for potential as much as proven experience.

4. All the numbers are falling into place. We will be a strong force in the NRL again. We are on the crest of a new era.

TheRam

Coach
I'm not fussed about these unproven juniors anymore. Offer what their worth, never pay overs and if they go, they go.

We need to spend most of out cap on proven NRL players, not kids with potential.

I agree one 100% Gronk, with the salary cap keeping everyone in check, you would be mad to invest to heavily in unproven juniors. There will always be quality players on offer due to the cap and I think that the smart clubs have realised this now and act accordingly.

Delboy

First Grade
When I last spoke to someone "in the know", they were telling me that they can get experienced players for 60% less than the player managers were asking for our juniors at sign up.

I think potential is one thing, but you get nowhere without experience, players with 50/60 NRL games are available for less than $100k, and you would be surprised who they are. How much easier is it when you have experience and hard heads around, something we lack particularly in the back row

yy_cheng

Coach
Yup, I agree with that too.

We need proven quality in the 1, 6 or 7, 9, 8, 10.

The rest should be replaceable and can be made up of our juniors.

mickdo

Coach
When I last spoke to someone "in the know", they were telling me that they can get experienced players for 60% less than the player managers were asking for our juniors at sign up.

Bloody hell. Piss off the juniors then...

Eelementary

Post Whore
As unpopular as my opinion may be, I don't rate Kelly or Mortimer. So if they leave I, for one, won't be that distressed.

KK, on the other hand...