What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Horizontal dude.

You might consider looking up perpendicular in the dictionary.

This is rugby league ffs. The term has been "perpendicular" for ever and it is factually correct.

What I love is you lecturing me to go to a dictionary when I'm not wrong and if you think I am then you're the one who needs a dictionary.

LESStar58

Referee
Melbourne had every right to appeal and the appeal was successful. Every other club would have the same rights if it was one of their players. Sink or swim for Jordan really. It will either be good for him or bad for him to come back so soon but the decision is his. Im sure if he didn't want to play there would have been no appeal.

Danish

Referee
This is rugby league ffs. The term has been "perpendicular" for ever and it is factually correct.

What I love is you lecturing me to go to a dictionary when I'm not wrong and if you think I am then you're the one who needs a dictionary.

I think this may be bunniesman's biggest fail yet. You can tell he isn't trolling, he genuinely thinks he is correct.

Perpendicular means at a 90 degree angle to the ground i.e. a player standing bolt upright is perpendicular.

The correct term that starts with a P that you think you are talking about is parallel, which means at 0 or 180 degrees to the ground.

Players are perpendicular to the ground when standing up :lol:

There's a reason it's called "above the horizontal" because that were vertical to begin with before a dangerous tackle was made.

Nobody has ever said "above the perpendicular" in rugby league before you. Is it even possible to be "above the perpendicular"

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Melbourne had every right to appeal and the appeal was successful. Every other club would have the same rights if it was one of their players. Sink or swim for Jordan really. It will either be good for him or bad for him to come back so soon but the decision is his. Im sure if he didn't want to play there would have been no appeal.

Yep. IMO the Docker tackle on Graham was worse the only difference is the horrible outcome. I can't see him getting much of a suspension if any IF they view the tackle on it's merrit ( Which won't happen)

PoWdErFiNgEr84

Juniors
Again. you refused to answer my question.

I still believe Newcastle's advice regarding postioning in a lifting tackle was wrong.

You make the assumption of a court case against the Knight - again you are wrong, I was making the point from a judicary/court case agianst McLean and Melbourne and their likey defence.

I do agree there has been enough discussion around the event, which you have been a major part of, as an expert of legal & medical matters - claims you make against me. Unfortunately, you can't see that about yourself.

In respect of the young man (family and friends), I will not make further comment unless I feel an injustice is done with regards to this unfortunate accident.

Cry me a river. You are the idiot who raised this in the first place all because of what you believe your natural instinct would be. I fully understand that you were referring to McLean & Melbourne but sorry mate, as I said before, at worst it would be looked at as a contributing factor & not mitigate the fact that someone (certainly not the Newcastle Knights) lifted the player into a dangerous position where their head & neck made contact with the groud & over 300kgs of weight ended up on one blokes neck. Maybe you should google the law of tort & in particular the various defences. Because the Knight's advising McKinnon to duck his head even though anyone with half a brain knows that dropping a person on their head & neck could result in serious injury is not a defence to the law of tort. You could even have a read of the following judgments as they deal with foul play & lifting in the tackle is illegal. McNamara v Duncan & Hilton v Wallace. And unlike you, I have not been speculating absolute crap about who is to blame. I've simply made a couple of posts showing the glaring holes in you opinion. You are the one who stepped up & said it's all the Knight's fault. BTW what you are talking about is pretty much contributory negligence, which simply reduces the amount of damages owed to the plaintiff.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
The fact that previous tackles went unpunished is irrelevant. In fact it could help Mckinnon in a lawsuit one day.

you aren't a lawyer

stop acting like you have a clue

No one is disputing that it was an accident. No one is saying it was intentional. That does not mean there is no room for a lengthy suspension. Lifting and going above the perpendicular is creeping back into the game. We need to hit it on its head asap.

If it was me I'd give 4 weeks.

:lol:

idiot

if this has been used for ages then please find one instance of it

shouldn't be too hard

magpie4ever

First Grade
Cry me a river. You are the idiot who raised this in the first place all because of what you believe your natural instinct would be. I fully understand that you were referring to McLean & Melbourne but sorry mate, as I said before, at worst it would be looked at as a contributing factor & not mitigate the fact that someone (certainly not the Newcastle Knights) lifted the player into a dangerous position where their head & neck made contact with the groud & over 300kgs of weight ended up on one blokes neck. Maybe you should google the law of tort & in particular the various defences. Because the Knight's advising McKinnon to duck his head even though anyone with half a brain knows that dropping a person on their head & neck could result in serious injury is not a defence to the law of tort. You could even have a read of the following judgments as they deal with foul play & lifting in the tackle is illegal. McNamara v Duncan & Hilton v Wallace. And unlike you, I have not been speculating absolute crap about who is to blame. I've simply made a couple of posts showing the glaring holes in you opinion. You are the one who stepped up & said it's all the Knight's fault. BTW what you are talking about is pretty much contributory negligence, which simply reduces the amount of damages owed to the plaintiff.

Spare me - you dropkick (in resonse to your name calling). Refusing to answer a simple question, so we get an essay on tort law and an unbelievable knowledge of bio-mechanics.

I will not respond to details of this unfortunate accident, I've had my say and will leave it at that. The advise from the Knights to submit and place your head against your chest, was wrong, is wrong and will always be wrong (and that is from the law of commonsense)

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
1: you aren't a lawyer

idiot

2: if this has been used for ages then please find one instance of it

shouldn't be too hard

1: You can't be serious in saying the majority of lawyers would have any more idea than the bunniesman - I would suggest they would be on par - clueless.

2: Maybe, the Moose?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Players are perpendicular to the ground when standing up :lol:

There's a reason it's called "above the horizontal" because that were vertical to begin with before a dangerous tackle was made.

Nobody has ever said "above the perpendicular" in rugby league before you. Is it even possible to be "above the perpendicular"
In this context it's about going above the perpendicular line relative to a person standing up. Meaning he shouldn't go beyond 90 degrees. Everyone knows that.
you aren't a lawyer

idiot

if this has been used for ages then please find one instance of it

shouldn't be too hard

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-madness-in-inglis-tackle-20130329-2gzl8.html

Checkmate. BM wins again.

Danish

Referee

El Diablo

Post Whore
In this context it's about going above the perpendicular line relative to a person standing up. Meaning he shouldn't go beyond 90 degrees. Everyone knows that.

I feel that in the context of explaining this issue to you, I would need action figures combined with a protractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.