What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Johnsy

Referee
Mckinnon ducking is what did the damage, not Mclean's tackle.

Had McKinnon not been lifted above the horizontal would he have taken the evasive action he did ? No

There is only one person who placed thier arms/hands and lifted McKinnon above the horizontal, therefore putting him in the dangerous position, and as a consequence McKinnon took the evasive action (or best he could take with 3 players restricting his already limited range of available movement). You may not like or want to accept this simple fact, but it is inescapable.

What a ridiculous statement that McKinnons actions did the damage.

Did they contribute to injury, of course. Cause them. FMD :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
8 weeks reduced to 6 for a plea would be my guess, I still think it is too light as he should get 12 weeks plus.

Still Nutty

Juniors
And call a one or two man legs/ball and all tackle dominant, thus allowing them to lay on longer.

Honestly, a small bloke bringing down a George Burgess or Matt Scott by himself should be rewarded more than a 4-man gang tackle on a halfback.

Finally back on to something relating to this thread...and fully agree!

innsaneink

Referee
Nobody is saying Leagues evil El Diablo.

People are entitled to make decisions for their families based on what they think, and its very silly to compare soccer and tennis injuries to a broken neck don't you think?

I love league and have all my life and will continue to do so, but only an idiot thinks someone breaking their neck and loosing control of their limbs won't impact peoples choice.
Why dont you wander down to the local park and have a look at the under 6's when your kids are at that age, and make a judgement then....or the applicable age they would play in if they or you decide they might play

Why look at proffesional NRL and use that and base that on what a kid might do?

Do you look at Garth Tander in a V8 supercar when youre at toys r us contemplating getting a littl e toy push car for your kids?

Do you look at Valentino Rossi when maybe thinking of getting them a tricycle or scooter?

Do you expert a work of art when you put a crayon in their hands?

Really...have a think....

If I saw 3 blokes pick up my kid and slam him into the ground I'd get a f**king gun.
Yet ... If we don't allow it in the name of sport we are soft?

Falling off a bike or being run over by a car is not a premiditated act.

Love the game
But now I know why my parents were worried about my safety.
That was well before the islanders started playing here.

Oh dear.

We have a live one.

POPEYE

Coach
So far only 16% of us are total f**kwits with the vast majority at the the right end at 43%. . . far better than I expected

RWB

Bench
The NRL judiciary hasn't sent any message yet. What message will they send if they let him off scot-free? And what precedent does it set for future lifting tacklers?

The precednt has already been set, you want to rewrite the precedent to send a message which is just ridiculous IMO. McLean deserves to be judged exactly the same as everyone else regardless of the emotion that surrounds this case. That's justice.

Distasteful is putting all the blame on McKinnon as you have done in your last post.

I'm not putting all the blame on McKinnon I'm just dissolving McLean of all the blame some people want him to feel. A large part of this incident is just bad luck no matter how much those grieving want to find someone to blame.

The Eagle

Juniors
So far only 16% of us are total f**kwits with the vast majority at the the right end at 43%. . . far better than I expected

Well I voted high end because that's what I expect from our reactionary judiciary, I'd rather he support his victim financially

Johns Magic

Referee
and you can link me to something that shows there are more injuries if those evil islanders are playing?

Who called them evil?

I don't think they compile such stats, and I think you know that. But how about you go watch a junior rugby league game yourself to see the size difference and kids coming off second best. If you can get your head out of the AFL section of the paper, that is.

Phil Gould talks about it all the time.

For the record, I don't think serious injuries like McKinnon's are likely to happen in junior RL.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Who called them evil?

I don't think they compile such stats, and I think you know that. But how about you go watch a junior rugby league game yourself to see the size difference and kids coming off second best. If you can get your head out of the AFL section of the paper, that is.

Phil Gould talks about it all the time.

For the record, I don't think serious injuries like McKinnon's are likely to happen in junior RL.

a simple no would have done

carcharias

Immortal
deadly

you might want to read what you posted

that's not what you said

Ok dopey let me explain .

When I played my mother in particular was worried about me getting hurt.
This was a time when everyone was pretty much the same size give or take the odd
early and late bloomers.
There were no huge islanders ( none that I recall ) playing.
Nowadays there lots a big big kids playing against scrawny kids.

So I was saying they were worried way back then .
Now there is the added "real" concern of your 45 kilo 14 yr old getting pole axed by a 110 kilo
islander ... Who probably wouldn't know his own strength.

The word islander is not racist..I just asked my f**king Maori nephew.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ok dopey let me explain .

When I played my mother in particular was worried about me getting hurt.
This was a time when everyone was pretty much the same size give or take the odd
early and late bloomers.
There were no huge islanders ( none that I recall ) playing.
Nowadays there lots a big big kids playing against scrawny kids.

So I was saying they were worried way back then .
Now there is the added "real" concern of your 45 kilo 14 yr old getting pole axed by a 110 kilo
islander ... Who probably wouldn't know his own strength.

The word islander is not racist..I just asked my f**king Maori nephew.

FMD

so children these days have become scrawny and there are 110kg islanders out there in every game injuring them?

please provide me with a source that shows things are more dangerous now than they were years ago

also which sports are safer seeing as you will force your children to take up another game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts