What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All the $$$ but no one to sign

Eelementary

Post Whore
sooperdooper said:
i hope hunt is not Australia!

however he classes himself Australian... is a citizen from memory

Damn you, typos! :fist:

But yeah. I guess the same would go for Fuifui - classified as a Kiwi nowadays or something.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Colonel,

The dragons have more money left then you might think old boy..............

That tends to happen when you let go of Thompson, Barrett, Bailey,Henderson, Best, Greenshields, and more than likely Timmins. There is well over 1m in that lot, given Barrett 450k and Bailey 300k Were amongst our highest paid players- but don't worry we don't want any Parra players oh apart from Blake Green ??? being announced shortly.

Cheers,

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wobbygong said:
Colonel,

That tends to happen when you let go of Thompson, Barrett, Bailey,Henderson, Best, Greenshields, and more than likely Timmins. There is well over 1m in that lot, given Barrett 450k and Bailey 300k Were amongst our highest paid players- but don't worry we don't want any Parra players oh apart from Blake Green ??? being announced shortly.

Cheers,

so I take it you don't upgrade your players?? or are there other ways you pay them ;-)

regardless goodluck to ya's...better you guys than the scum in the North of Sydney.

Freak2

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
Colonel,

Cheers,

Geez - you have been talking this one up for a while Wobby and if true I don;t want to hear another word ever in reference to other clubs stealing Dragons juniors!!

It just would not make sense that our best junior would go to a club as back up Gaznier.

It would also suggest that the cap simply does not work.

The Colonel

Immortal
Wobbygong said:
Colonel,

Cheers,

Given the increase in the CBA about to be announced. Don't bet on it old chap.... Unless you're their accountant I thionk you are just speculating like anybody else.

scottyeel

Bench
Wobbygong said:
Colonel,

Cheers,
So Gasnier took a pay cut to re-sign, Woolfords going to play for free?:fist:

Redback71

First Grade
this year where up sh*t creek next year well just be up the sh*t cause the creek will be try. (get my drift)

i predicted last year once smith goes it would be all down hill back to the mid 90's and it looks like its starting to come true.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:
this year where up sh*t creek next year well just be up the sh*t cause the creek will be try. (get my drift)

i predicted last year once smith goes it would be all down hill back to the mid 90's and it looks like its starting to come true.

well, there's always the Gold Coast. ;-)

funny how in the past everybody blamed Smith for not attracting top line players cause he was too strict and school teacher like, what does that say for Mick Hagan?
Smith got us quite a few big names in his time, hagan with have a wooden spoon in his 1st season unless something happens shortly.
Maybe we could lure back Chris Thorman :roll:

MrT

Juniors
If we have 1.5 million to spend, this is how I believe it should be spent.
Asotasi - 1.2m 3 years, 700k from 2007 cap
Myles - 1m 4 years at least 400k from 2007 cap
Scott Hill 500k 2 year deal

Remainder on young talent

dazeely

First Grade
If he hasn't yet its time Fitzy goes all out to sign Asotasi, Myles or Fitzgibbon and Scott Hill.

Situation panic I say.

dazeely

First Grade
MrT said:
If we have 1.5 million to spend, this is how I believe it should be spent.
Asotasi - 1.2m 3 years, 700k from 2007 cap
Myles - 1m 4 years at least 400k from 2007 cap
Scott Hill 500k 2 year deal

Remainder on young talent

great minds think alike. beat me to it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's no good. Anyone we've either been linked to, or have WISHED we were linked to, has gone elsewhere.

Creagh, Poore, Simms, Hill, Pritchard, Lyon, Hunt...All the star players we've thought about have re-signed.

Look for Myles to sign with Manly and Asotasi to head to Souths. Hill's already in England.

*sigh*

jayman

Juniors
fitzgibbon has already re signed... that extra 400k under the cap is screwing us... all the clubs are resigning there top players with out needing to reshuffle there rosters...

i think we might need to keep some money for next yr so we can top up a few contracts... tahu grothe hindy should all be up for longer contracts....

dazeely

First Grade
jayman said:
i think we might need to keep some money for next yr so we can top up a few contracts... tahu grothe hindy should all be up for longer contracts....

might not have a choice. look to 2008. sad really. :(

scottyeel

Bench
I'd like to see them throw a fair bit of money at Craig Wing and see if they can get him a release.

The Colonel

Immortal
jayman said:

Problem is it doesn't work that way anymore. A club has a minimum amount to spend each year and they can't use this years cap for signings for the following year anymore.

Latest posts