What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Football players in the NRL?

Usain Bolt

Bench
NFL players make more in one game then most NRL players in a season, why would they even bother with trying to play it?

Usain Bolt

Bench
squatdog with so much fail, he says lets look at the 3 star WR's of the Saints and doesn't even list their number 1 receiver lol please stop posting

Squatdog

Juniors
lol WAT

Jim Brown says Hi

The consensus top three are Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith.

I left Payton out because his heyday was long before the modern era, but here are his stats seeing as you insist:

178cm - 89kg

LOL!

squatdog with so much fail, he says lets look at the 3 star WR's of the Saints and doesn't even list their number 1 receiver lol please stop posting

So three of their five Wide Receivers isn't a relevant sample size?

Ulysseus

Bench
Manfred Moore is a preacher nowadays.In his game for Newtown got badly tackled in front of 8000 fans with celb Paul Hogan watching and also smashed englishman Eddie 'Stevo' Stephson.

Well that answers that question, gave himself to God.
Crazy bastard.

Raider_69

Post Whore

Haha i noticed that. I wonder what Colston thinks about being #4 on the depth chart behind Moore, Roby and Henderson... and Meachem for that matter :lol:

Squatdog

Juniors
Haha i noticed that. I wonder what Colston thinks about being #4 on the depth chart behind Moore, Roby and Henderson... and Meachem for that matter :lol:

LOL...he's the one Wide Receiver in the squad who actually weighs over 100kg.

Let's have a look at the devastating New Orleans Running Backs who rushed the most yards in the Superbowl:

Reggie Bush - 183cm, 91kg
Pierre Thomas - 180cm, 95kg

These are the same guys who Padball nuthuggers claim would be unstoppable in Rugby or League???

user_nat

Coach
Obviously Americans are just naturally born with more sporting talent, which is why they have such great athletes.
Just like how people born in Victoria and now play AFL professionally have no physical talent at all.

:roll:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
LOL...he's the one Wide Receiver in the squad who actually weighs over 100kg.

Let's have a look at the devastating New Orleans Running Backs who rushed the most yards in the Superbowl:

Reggie Bush - 183cm, 91kg
Pierre Thomas - 180cm, 95kg

These are the same guys who Padball nuthuggers claim would be unstoppable in Rugby or League???

brent tate 186cm, 88kg

you're geniused

stormbati

Bench
Eagles are my team. Have an exam at 9am then off home to a pizza some beers and seeing Vick run all over the skins

You're right about him running riot. The first play to Jackson was awesome. Sad to see McNabb on the receiving end though.

gronkathon

First Grade
Vick would likely make the transition. Loved watching my team thump the Skins after they beat us at home in the thrird week of the season

fourplay

Juniors
I don't know how its possible to watch a live game. It's like one play every 5 minutes. I watched a bit today live on ESPN. It's not already bad enough with the long gaps in between play, 4 quarters etc.. but just when they all get into position and I think they are going to run a play they call a time out.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
if Rugby League players were that great, NFL scouts would've signed them, simple as that, League players are pissweak in comparison to NFL players. It was funny, when Mason was at the top of his game, argurably the best forward in the game went over and tried out with the at the time 3-13 jets, i think he lasted a week? lol

Inglis, the greatest athlete ever in RL, well, ummm, oh he's still playing RL, for South Sydney lol, even AFL kickers are deemed more appropriate to chase.

I like how RL supporters live in a little world, truely believing that they have better, the facts are - college football sides are more succesful then anything the NRL has ever had, the athletes are better then anything that RL has ever had...even 'fat LT's or LG's could probably out run most forwards - these guys are 6'8-10 330+ pounds lol

Oh yeah league has the better athletes.

NFL > NRL, the only thing league has over Gridiron is the endurance aspect, however i would rather be like a Usain Bolt rather then a Steve Monagetti lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
But haven't you heard? Padball players are infinitely bigger and stronger and would dominate League with their superior physical attributes!

hence why teh NFL scouts are kckign down there doors:lol:

no one gives a sh*t about league players, apart from a couple of million NSW, QLD and northern English people.

And oh yeah, the PNG:lol:

fourplay

Juniors
I like how RL supporters live in a little world, truely believing that they have better, the facts are - college football sides are more succesful then anything the NRL has ever had, the athletes are better then anything that RL has ever had...even 'fat LT's or LG's could probably out run most forwards - these guys are 6'8-10 330+ pounds lol

hence why teh NFL scouts are kckign down there doors:lol:

So why don't any of these "super human" college football players cross over successfully into rugby(league or union)?

Only 2.4% of them make it to the NFL. So what about the 97.6% who don't make it? I suppose they just prefer working at Walmart or as a lumberjack than being a million dollar a year athlete huh? :lol:

They are so good it's surprising "teh NRL scouts aren't kckign down there door down." :sarcasm:

Latest posts