What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

HevyDevy

Coach
yeah, works for the cowboys with the players running the team, what a great model to follow.

Ozzie needs to man up and admit he is running recruitment, not the coach. As if the coaching review was unbiased.

Spot on.

The side's poor season wasn't actually the reason Ando was fired. The board wanted him gone from day one. That's well known. It was always going to be a case of him being sacked the minute the side had a poor season.

In terms of whether sacking Ando was the correct decision, it may be that it actually was, but that's not because of any great foresight by the board.

Their behaviour has been disgraceful, the leaks are an embarrassment (especially to a certain two people there) and it is clear that power is their one and only motivating factor.

Ironically, the interference of the board is not dissimilar to the interference DA copped from his CEO at the Warriors.

eelandia

Juniors
Tahu tells a couple of truths and is labelled a whinger. Meanwhile back at LeagueUnlimited, self-professed Parra tragics are leading the pack of whingers.

Anderson doesn't exactly have a clean record when it comes to his relationships with players, yet many of you appear to have sided with him simply because you are not happy with the way he was sacked - despite not really knowing the inner workings of the club.

Remember that hearing club machinations second hand is not always accurate yet many of you will take Beryl the Tea Lady's gossip as gospel and form a righteous opinion on it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Has Hadley been discredited as yet ? I'm pretty sure he said that the Board planned to tell Ando he should resign or an allegation would be made against him. An allegation that had no merit.

Then the Board released a carefully worded statement on behalf of Mateo stating that he knew nothing about it (which is in line with what Hadley said that it had no merit). I don't recall the board denying that that Hadley's claim was incorrect ? Were there discussions at Board level to attempt to remove the coach without paying him out ?

No defending Raaay but TBH I think that the Board left so many questions unanswered with the way that Ando's termination of contract has been handled.

and what about the Feleti racial claim?

Parra Guru

Coach
nice to see we're prepared to hammer one of our own when a bloke like Hadley is allowed to give misleading information and slaner the club at every opportunity..

nice going.

:lol: I can't really see how the two relate?

And considering Tahu's attitude over the last 12 months, I don't actually consider him as "one of our own". I certainly don't have much respect for what he runs to the media with...

Parra Guru

Coach
Tahu tells a couple of truths and is labelled a whinger. Meanwhile back at LeagueUnlimited, self-professed Parra tragics are leading the pack of whingers.

Well we're not being paid $350k + to shut up & do our talking on the field.... Neither of which Tahu has managed so far since his return!

Stagger eel

Staff member
The difference is the the club put ITSELF in a position to be battered from pillar to post by the media.

Tahu chose to make the remarks, they WERE unwarrented.

Stagger there is no doubt you know your sh*t, but you are sometimes way off the mark.

I'm talking about Hadley's claim regarding Feleti...

strider

Post Whore

Anderson doesn't exactly have a clean record when it comes to his relationships with players, yet many of you appear to have sided with him simply because you are not happy with the way he was sacked - despite not really knowing the inner workings of the club.

Remember that hearing club machinations second hand is not always accurate yet many of you will take Beryl the Tea Lady's gossip as gospel and form a righteous opinion on it.

the only truth Tahu's actually told us there is that Ando made him play with a bad ankle

you have to imagine there's more to it ..... want to tell us? :D

Gronk

Staff member
and what about the Feleti racial claim?

Well that's just it. Hadley did not state that Mateo had made any allegation. In fact he said that there was no truth in it.

He simply said that it was the Boards intention to "imply" that there was one so as to induce a resignation by Ando.

andrew057

First Grade
I can see whats going to happen already. From all reports Tahu was on a heavily backended contract/verbal agreement. Now he has put in such a piss poor season and carried himself like such a mental midget throughout the season, the new coach/board would be crazy to sign him to anything over 200k a season. I can see some big trouble occurring when Tahu doesnt get his 400k or so he was verbally promised.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well that's just it. Hadley did not state that Mateo had made any allegation. In fact he said that there was no truth in it.

He simply said that it was the Boards intention to "imply" that there was one so as to induce a resignation by Ando.

well the claim was crap.

strider

Post Whore
I can see whats going to happen already. From all reports Tahu was on a heavily backended contract/verbal agreement. Now he has put in such a piss poor season and carried himself like such a mental midget throughout the season, the new coach/board would be crazy to sign him to anything over 200k a season. I can see some big trouble occurring when Tahu doesnt get his 400k or so he was verbally promised.
yeah that crossed my mind too

but hey, I didn't even know his contract was only 1 year with who-knows-what-the-hell about the other years ... so who knows whether his agreement was really backended in some way

but lets say it was - I assume ossie will be just giving him the bigs bucks agreed to before ??? :?

Avenger

Immortal
I would rather a 27 year old Tonga then Tahu (assuming the money will be the same). Tonga statistically is the best centre in the NRL.

Djay

Juniors
I would rather have both, our attack would be deadly with these 2 either side.

andrew057

First Grade
yeah that crossed my mind too

but hey, I didn't even know his contract was only 1 year with who-knows-what-the-hell about the other years ... so who knows whether his agreement was really backended in some way

but lets say it was - I assume ossie will be just giving him the bigs bucks agreed to before ??? :?

Yep true. The club is in for some very turbulent times.

bildo

Juniors
Yep true. The club is in for some very turbulent times.

Tahu has proven that he is not a team player , or even capable of being loyal to any code. He is always going to be trouble just waiting to happen. Get rid of the turd asap!!!

ROGUE

Juniors
Save you some time.
Tahu is over rated.
Bartman is morally superior to Tahu (and the world).
Tahu is over rated.
Tahu shyte stinks, Bartman's does not - just ask him.
Tahu is over rated.