What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ando set to re-sign

Inferno

Coach
Yeah thats the worst result of this. f**king Simmons will probably get another walk up start to the centres because thats where Fraser was playing this year Azzah, not in the forwards with all the others you mentioned.

I agree as well 'f**k you Fraser', your a dog for doing this now. I understand its bloody hard to knock back the money but seriously, you think Japanese rugby has come looking just for Fraser. bullsh*t. His manager has obviously put him out there for offers. And why? Why would he have done that with the season soon to start.

He has only just established himself. Could have played for three more years, became a top first grader, played finals, internationals, all at 26 years and then gone to Japan. Why go now?

I reckon its a bit of a Kiwi thing. They just go after the money. Dont care about much else. Look at some of the players who have gone to the UK and union the last few years in the prime or early in their careers. Fraser's two brothers did the same.

Think you're being overly harsh, professional sports with RL in particular is not known as a career with an overly long longevity. It's easy to say wait till he's 26 to go and make the big dollars but what happens if he suffers a permanent injury in his first game of the season? He's off contract this year and where would that leave him? What other skills does he have?

I certainly don't begrudge him chasing the money.

azzah72

Bench
That'l do me Azzah, your kidding.

Thats the type of attitude that has won us nothing ever. Oh darn there are other better players infront of me so id best go to jap rugby where im the tallest by 3 feet and the strongest by far... Sonny Bill got nailed by the dogs fans for turning his back on the team, im doing the same. f**k YOU ANDO.... he has trained all preseason and then walks... f**k YOU ANDO.

oh and as for the bold above... your having a go at me for ripping him a new one when he has walked out on us? but your willing to rip Barrett a new one before he puts on a sharks jersey... double standard around the wrong way as far as im concerned.

Nah that isn't double standards, don't be an idiot, I wasn't having a go at you for being angry! I am too! In fact i wasn't having a go at you at all!

What i am saying is there is no need to tear an asshole BECAUSE we have all those forwards, you see it was a little play on words there ausguy saying it like Ando was thinking but what i am saying is that we are well covered in that department! It isn't gonna cost us anything! Barrett surely will!!

Yeah be angry, I'm not dissing ya for that! Everyone has every right to be.

I was simply just commenting on the current climate of rugby league and the way it is!

When a fringe rep player can go overseas for that money and we can't even have a look in to try and keep him, were fugged!

I was also saying that there is no way for a second that i believe that ANY of you wouldn't have done the same thing if you were going to be earning triple the money! Club loyalty is a thing of the past, it's all business now, sad but true!

Sucks for us but i bet there will be dozens more stories like this throughout the year!

Blame Gallop! And a bit of a cocktail of scouting players and other leagues dangling carrots! If you know what i mean!

azzah72

Bench
Think you're being overly harsh, professional sports with RL in particular is not known as a career with an overly long longevity. It's easy to say wait till he's 26 to go and make the big dollars but what happens if he suffers a permanent injury in his first game of the season? He's off contract this year and where would that leave him? What other skills does he have?

He might of been playing centres but looking at the trial team from last week, It seemed to me that Ricky was testing all positions but the main backrowers! I think he might of been settled on that. The backline, front row, halves and bench were all being mixed up and tried out! Only players really missing were our backrow!

I have a feeling that our backrow was going to be possibly:

11.Gallen
12.Anderson
13. Matuia

14.Tupou

Or something to that effect.

Take out Ando and throw in any that i have mentioned and we are sweet!

If he was going to play centre, i think he might of played in Darwin!

But i could be wrong and probably am!

TiMMySharK09

Juniors
FAR OUT!!! I didnt even know this.. I just got home from work...

WTF? This has come outta the blue .. I was reading somewhere the other day big fraser was full keen to stay and was about to resign...

Im absolutely gutted.. this is f**ked... I cant believe it..

What a DOG!

Really hope this doesnt come back to bite our forward depth this yr.. I know we got plenty of big boys for this yr.. but jeez.. it woulda been sweet to have fraser tossed in the mix there..

Time for big Karl to pull his finger out n have a f**king dig.. his year to shine..

Quigs

Immortal
Don't worry Big Karl is going to have a ripper of a season..............

Dave Q told us so.

Let the games begin.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Eion

First Grade

I agree with sam - I don't think it was harsh. He was still contracted til the end of '09 and effectively painted the sharks into a corner in having to release him early - 3 weeks before the season starts. The permanent injury stuff is the risk you take when you "sign" the contract (I don't know why anyone fuggen bothers anymore). If ando was injured early in his current contract then he would have been protected by it - you can't have it both ways. The NRL should deregister thompson as an agent if they are fair dinkum.

spider

Coach
is there anyone that would seriously remain in the same job if they were offered 4 times their current salary to work elsewhere?

carcharias

Immortal
is there anyone that would seriously remain in the same job if they were offered 4 times their current salary to work elsewhere?
yes.
Righteous go gooders.

also
Just heard Reni has salmanella poisoning and is out for the Khights trial.

Eion

First Grade
it doesn't make it right spider. this is the breaking of a contract not just a job swap. i don't begrudge him earning some coin but set it up for after your fugging contract expires. we're only just starting to see the value of player we've been investing in and now he and his manager have negotiated a big deal elsewhere, broken their contract and screwed us over. If we had any balls we should have held firm, let him piss off al la sbw then sued for breach of contract.

azzah72

Bench
it doesn't make it right spider. this is the breaking of a contract not just a job swap. i don't begrudge him earning some coin but set it up for after your fugging contract expires. we're only just starting to see the value of player we've been investing in and now he and his manager have negotiated a big deal elsewhere, broken their contract and screwed us over. If we had any balls we should have held firm, let him piss off al la sbw then sued for breach of contract.

I think if we were under different circumstances, we might of but as i have said, we have tonnes of forwards (which is where i truley believe he was still going to play), I guess Ricky didn't see the value in trying to keep him when there were so many!

Over it now anyway!

Funny side note, his manager is Thompson isn't it?

Danger

Juniors
Im spewin, but i can't say i blame the bloke, $600G's is a bit of dosh... Good luck to him i suppose.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
i remember when the rat went to union in one of the old sharks forums. there were people frothing at the mouth.

Eion

First Grade
I think if we were under different circumstances, we might of but as i have said, we have tonnes of forwards (which is where i truley believe he was still going to play), I guess Ricky didn't see the value in trying to keep him when there were so many!

Over it now anyway!

Funny side note, his manager is Thompson isn't it?
We never would have bloody sued. We get sued. Big bunch of soft c*cks. I guess I'm p*ssed off because this means we'll see more of simmo. If getting him out of the squad is not worth fighting for I don't know what is.

The Dodger

First Grade
the paper said anderson will be on 400k a season
also mentions matua being in hospital on sunday but should be right for this weekend.

carcharias

Immortal
WHOA ...Hang on now

But after advising Cronulla management and coach Ricky Stuart of his intention to switch codes and play in the Japanese rugby competition, which begins in September, the Sharks decided he should leave immediately - sparking speculation that they want to free up room under the salary cap for stranded Test second-rower Michael Crocker.
Anderson was likely to play in the outside backs this season. The Sharks will now be able to shift Reece Williams or Reni Maitua to the centres if necessary to accommodate Crocker in a back row that also boasts Paul Gallen and Anthony Tupou.
However, Crocker's manager, Andrew Purcell, said last night the former Roosters and Storm forward remained hopeful that his appeal against the decision to refuse him a visa to join English club Hull FC would succeed and had not received any approach from the Sharks.
"

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...-fraser-packing/2009/02/24/1235237649319.html

me..? in a heartbeat.
Crocker is a weapon.

No, but I'd still fulfill my requirement to give 4 week notice though.

Never burn your bridges, you may want to come back.

PJ

First Grade

By all means go, but once your current legally binding contract is finished, which is in about 8 months time.

On the flip side Spider since he has been taking money from the Sharks since last October to prepare for this season shouldn't he now repay that money as the Sharks are receiving no benefit for the monies paid as per the contract i.e. the football year ends contract wise around October doesn't it? And as per the last year of his contract Cronulla have been paying him to play in 09, he is now not doing this so whereas the Sharks have held up their part of the contract he has reneged.