What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

Mr Saab

Referee
No diab....i didnt.
Did you cry when Gillespie hammered Sterlos shoulder and forced him into retirement?
Come on...be honest.

RABK

Referee
I cried when the Knights got beaten by the Chooks in the 2000 GF qualifier.

I also cried after the 2001 GF.

RABK

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Tears of happiness i suspect.
I didnt cry last yr, just got completely wasted.

I was only 15 so getting wasted was out of the question but did have a great time at the after party at EAS. Driving behind the team bus on the way up the F3 was a great highlight.

I travel to a lot of Knights games, infact i haven't missed one since early 2005 (yes including NZ and Melbourne etc) so winning a premiership is almost like the end of a journey when you follow a team so passionately.

P.S - I won't cry if Johns retires. ;-) I will cry in his swansong though and knowing my luck the Camera will find me.

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
P.S - I won't cry if Johns retires. ;-) I will cry in his swansong though and knowing my luck the Camera will find me.

Just pray he doesnt lose his last game (if there is a last game for him to play in)
otherwise he might not turn up to the press conference ;-)

Keefy

Juniors
Let's hope he doesnt retire, otherwise he will be on the footy show every week :lol:

RABK

Referee
Last year at the GF at kick off i was supporting the storm. 10 minutes inot the GF i was supporting the Broncos though because of two funny Bronco fans next to me and this scraggy storm fna behind me scremaing 'Gooooooooo inglis' 'come on Slaterrrrrrr' eveyr 30 seconds.

It was a sight to behold at Fulltime - her tears where black because of her terrible make up been mixed in with them.

Shorty

Staff member
Oh wow...I think he may just say he's going to retire at the end of 2007...but delayed?
Hmm perhaps Joey expected to retire at the end of the year but the doctors have advised him otherwise and he's just shocked.

RABK

Referee
He's going to announce he's signing up to LU to "rip in to those wankers in the NRL forum".

:p