What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns vs Darren Lockyer

Who's the greater player?

• Andrew Johns

Votes: 302 69.9%
  • Darren Lockyer

Votes: 130 30.1%

• Total voters

shiznit

Coach
:lol: The "DRUGS ARE BAD!" brigade always make me laugh. If you play footy, I suggest next time you're in the dressing room, pop a couple of pingers in your mouth before you go out and play. When the final whistle goes, come back here (ignoring the urge to hug every single person at the ground) and tell us with a straight face that E's are somehow "cheating".
your an absolute f**kwit...

obviously because your a knights fan and you hate QLD you cant see things objectively.

ive tripped out on alot of shit in my lifetime... so im not hating on him for doing drugs.

what im saying is as an athlete he decided to take a banned substance. you can argue the merits of banning recreational drugs all you like... but its still f**ken banned.

if he was caught he would have copped a 2 year ban.

so you cant go past the fact he knowingly took a banned substance.

Cliffhanger

Coach
He wasn't caught during his career so it's all moot. What he did was break the rules not cheat, so claiming that he doesn't deserve the merrits he earned is beyond stupid.

Do you seriously think he's the only one who's doing it?

shiznit

Coach
He wasn't caught during his career so it's all moot. What he did was break the rules not cheat, so claiming that he doesn't deserve the merrits he earned is beyond stupid.

Do you seriously think he's the only one who's doing it?
he doesnt need to be caught during his career... he took a banned substance. something Wendell Sailor was punished 2 years for.

the fact he didnt get caught is moot... he's admitted to taking a banned substance.

i dont care who else does it... its a banned substance... if you take it while your mid-season or admit to taking it mid-season... its going to tarnish you as an athlete.

im not saying he deserves to be shot... or be put into prison... all im saying is it will effect his legacy.

Cliffhanger

Coach
The fact is it isn't performance enhancing and the only person he hurt was himself. It should not impact his legacy as a player.

People go on about it like he's the Marion Jones of the NRL.

Knightmare

Coach
your an absolute f**kwit...

obviously because your a knights fan and you hate QLD you cant see things objectively.

ive tripped out on alot of shit in my lifetime... so im not hating on him for doing drugs.

what im saying is as an athlete he decided to take a banned substance. you can argue the merits of banning recreational drugs all you like... but its still f**ken banned.

if he was caught he would have copped a 2 year ban.

so you cant go past the fact he knowingly took a banned substance.

You want to see an absolute f**kwit?

mirror.jpg

Take a peek. As for the rest of your argument, you sound like a hysterical 14 year-old. Drinking two cans of Coke in a row does not equate to "tripping".

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Shiznit you do realise a deliberate high tackle is banned too. Should a high tackle impact on their legacy as well? In fact its worse than taking a banned substance. IT HAPPENED ON THE FIELD AND someone else could get hurt. Its assault and meets the definition. People will press charges one day and it is possible. Ask McCracken about spear tackles. Ask him what he thinks is worse, banned substances off the pitch or illegal tackles ON THE PITCH. What do you think of Steve Kearney's actions, worse than Joey's?

I do not see how it is remotely relevant that his drug use should tarnish his on field legacy. Its like saying Tiger is not a great golfer because he was unfaithful. Its not relevant to the discussion of who was the best ON THE FIELD.

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Anyone who has any idea about rugby league at all KNOWS it's Lockyer every day of the week.
Make sure all you Johns lovin f**wits get ya mums to buy you Lockyers DVD when he retires. Then you will know.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Considering how bias this site is towards nsw the fact Lockyer has over 30% of the vote is quite impressive.

bluesbreaker

Bench
It's not even a contest. The only thing Lockyer had over Johns was speed. A better comparison is Thurston.

Cameron Smith could go close to usurping the G.O.A.T. title from Johns, but first I'd like to see him play in a team full of spastics like Todd Lowrie, Matt Kennedy, Craig Hall, George Carmont etc and make them look the goods. Begrudgingly, i'll admit Smith is a better hooker than Buderus was.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
1) George Carmont was hardly a spastic and often looked the goods without Joey
2) Todd Lowrie as above
3) Bedurus was nowhere near as good as Luke Priddis, let alone discuss him in the same breath as C Smith.

ghostface

Juniors
Sorry Chump i mean champ but Johns' success was largely built off his own back which will always make him greater player then Lockyer. Lockyer has always been surrounded by brilliant players Webcke, Langer, Civoniceva, Lazarus, Tallis, Sailor, Tuqiri, Justin Hodges, Tonie Carrol and the Walters brothers just to name a few not to mention being coached by Wayne Bennett for most of his career... If Johns had those players around him Newcastle would have won 10 premierships.

bluesbreaker

Bench
1) George Carmont was hardly a spastic and often looked the goods without Joey
2) Todd Lowrie as above
3) Bedurus was nowhere near as good as Luke Priddis, let alone discuss him in the same breath as C Smith.

:lol: on all 3 points. Just... :lol:.

Billythekid

First Grade
It's not even a contest. The only thing Lockyer had over Johns was speed. A better comparison is Thurston.

Cameron Smith could go close to usurping the G.O.A.T. title from Johns, but first I'd like to see him play in a team full of spastics like Todd Lowrie, Matt Kennedy, Craig Hall, George Carmont etc and make them look the goods. Begrudgingly, i'll admit Smith is a better hooker than Buderus was.

Have a look at what he is doing with our forward pack now. Lowe, Lowrie, Woolnough (from retirement), Norrie. A bunch of players no one else wanted and yet look at the job they are doing for us.

The thing is Smith and Bellamy tend to make our nuffy players look much better then they are, which is why they so often fade away after we let them go.

So im not sure you will ever get to see your request.

hellteam

First Grade
George Carmont would have to be the worst centre to consistently play in the NRL. Man he sucked.

Latest posts