What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns vs Darren Lockyer

Who's the greater player?

• Andrew Johns

Votes: 302 69.9%
  • Darren Lockyer

Votes: 130 30.1%

• Total voters

Woodlaz

Juniors
Johns took drugs to be as good as he was (EDIT: needed to take drugs to be good). Lockyer uses his talent with no additives. Imagine if lockyer was on drugs (cheating) - he would be the best player EVER.
Just sayin :)

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Johns took drugs to be as good as he was (EDIT: needed to take drugs to be good). Lockyer uses his talent with no additives. Imagine if lockyer was on drugs (cheating) - he would be the best player EVER.

You're taking the piss right?

I've seen some dumb shit on LU but I think this is the worst.

voltron

Juniors

lol
moron

bottle

Coach

Please don't get to 3 posts.

Silent Knight

First Grade

93d71b1c-031d-4e5c-b92b-702ab19ff076.jpg

LESStar58

Referee
Johns is a prat. I have friends who have witnessed him carrying on like a prima donna on more than one occassion including telling children to "f**k off" and refusing to come out of the dressing room and sign autographs after a win. He practically threw my copy of "Captaining The Kangaroos" at me after he signed in in 2005.

A few weeks later the Broncos came to town and got belted 50-4. Wanted Locky to sign my book which he did... but with good grace. Champion bloke on and off the field!

LESStar58

Referee
It's not even a contest. The only thing Lockyer had over Johns was speed. A better comparison is Thurston.

Cameron Smith could go close to usurping the G.O.A.T. title from Johns, but first I'd like to see him play in a team full of spastics like Todd Lowrie, Matt Kennedy, Craig Hall, George Carmont etc and make them look the goods. Begrudgingly, i'll admit Smith is a better hooker than Buderus was.

Pffft. Matt Ballin is better than Buderus. Buderus did nothing his entire career except pass the ball to A. Johns.

Jubes

Juniors
Pffft. Matt Ballin is better than Buderus. Buderus did nothing his entire career except pass the ball to A. Johns.

Yeah, except win a Dally M in a year where Johns was injured for pretty much the entire season, but don't let facts get in the way of any thing you post.

Noa

First Grade
Sorry Chump i mean champ but Johns' success was largely built off his own back which will always make him greater player then Lockyer. Lockyer has always been surrounded by brilliant players Webcke, Langer, Civoniceva, Lazarus, Tallis, Sailor, Tuqiri, Justin Hodges, Tonie Carrol and the Walters brothers just to name a few not to mention being coached by Wayne Bennett for most of his career... If Johns had those players around him Newcastle would have won 10 premierships.

Enough of the "Joey played with nuffies " argument.

He played with some pretty fkn good players. Unless you dont rate Gidley, Kennedy, Harrigan, Buderus, M.Johns, Mad-dog, Marquet, Peden etc,etc,etc.

mozza91

Coach

He played with some pretty fkn good players. Unless you dont rate Gidley, Kennedy, Harrigan, Buderus, M.Johns, Mad-dog, Marquet, Peden etc,etc,etc.
Good point, but he has played with some absolute tards, also lol @ mentioning Marquet in the same group with those other players.

Noa

First Grade
Its all about the mix, Marquet was a good tough player every team needs.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Like I've already told all of you nsw geniused twits. Buy the DVD when Lockyer retires then you will know.
Lockyer performed at ALL LEVELS!! Joey simply didn't that's a f**ken fact. Lockyer has crushed you wankers at club and state level sooooo many times your dislike for him is clouding your feeble judgement.

ghostface

Juniors

I would only rate 3 of those players... Buderus, Gidley, Harrigan. The rest are nuffies, so Joey did play with nuffies. Marquet pffft.

THE CHAMP

First Grade

What about Tahu, Muir and O,Davis? Yeah Johns was surrounded by crap. Especially at home games hahahahahaha.