What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns vs Darren Lockyer

Who's the greater player?

• Andrew Johns

Votes: 302 69.9%
  • Darren Lockyer

Votes: 130 30.1%

• Total voters

league

Juniors
people using the pathetic "drugs" reason as to why Lockyer is better than Johns are like those who beleive Pele>>Maradona, forever deluded.

oh and btw, JT has nothing, absolutely nothing on Johns, and fwiw, Prince>>JT.

Charlie124

First Grade
One is druggo and the other is a Bronco, tough choice but like everyone else ill just vote for my state.

QLD > NSW

Fibroman

First Grade
Imagine how good Johns would have been if he wasn't out all night on the pingers and punching schooners like there was no tomorrow?

Loudstrat

Coach
Neither did Lockyer. That was Slater.

Lol @ April Fool Misty. Couldn't man up and admit it in the New Moderators thread, but has plenty of swagger elsewhere.

Weak as piss.

Can't stick to a topic, can you twatbrain? What's there to admit anyway - apart from your obsession with that thread?

KHunt

Juniors
Can we give Lockyer a fair match up. Timmy Brasher was a better player than Lockyer at fullback. Andrew Johns was better in the halves. Andrews Johns is the greatest halfback to play the game. Lockyer's no where near the greatest five-eighth or fullback to play the game. Johns > Lockyer from a Queenslander.

mongoose

Coach
Can we give Lockyer a fair match up. Timmy Brasher was a better player than Lockyer at fullback. Andrew Johns was better in the halves. Andrews Johns is the greatest halfback to play the game. Lockyer's no where near the greatest five-eighth or fullback to play the game. Johns > Lockyer from a Queenslander.

Tim Brasher? you're an idiot.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Can't stick to a topic, can you twatbrain?
At least I can reply to one. Can't really say the same about you can we gutless? Anyway, I didn't bring up the new moderators thread. Are you going to accuse the others who commented on it in here as well?
Loudstrat said:
What's there to admit anyway - apart from your obsession with that thread?

That you were royally fooled.

Weak as piss.

I've always asked myself, what's so great about Lockyer?

I really don't see something that special in him. I mean, he's an Australian quality player, don't get me wrong but you can't compare him to Johns.

Johns is the most talented player of the last 2 decades.

The only player that has near enough talent as Johns, is Scott Prince but in reality he's still miles away.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Johns. Much better overall game. Attack he was better, Defence a hell of alot better, kicking game was better and goalkicking alot better. Lockyer would have a better running game but thats about it

You Nsw plebs just haven't seen Lockyer play enough that's all. Properly educated fans of the game know Lockyer owns Johns. Watch the first time they clashed in 1998. Both teams were premiers. Lockyer tore Johns and the knights to pieces. The Broncos made Johns and the whole town of Newcastle their BITCHES. In the biggest games eg finals, origin and test football Lockyer has it all over the incredibly over-rated Johns. If Johns were from Qld he would be just another good player. You nsw PLEBS just want to be able to say you've got the greatest of all time. Unfortunately for you it's WALLY by a mile. Johns isn't even the best player to come out of nsw. He may make the top 5 though. Have a look at Lockyer stats they speak for themselves. If only he kept kicking goals he'd have the points scoring for sure.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Equal skills and abilities. Johns came up with the magic stuff more often. Lockyer is one of the greatest captains of all time.

Matt23

Staff member
The chump would have been a more appropriate user name...Seriously pointless bump.

I always thought Johns was a bit overrated but Lockyer doesn't come near him.

Daley stayed loyal to his club. If he had stayed with ARL he would have been signed by the dragons or manly for probably bigger money than he got at the raiders.

lol are you kidding? Daley was one of the top 3 highest paid players in Super League, $600k IIRC.

Fittler stayed loyal too. Don't forget that Penrith jumped ship when Freddy was in Test camp - and no one bothered to tell him.

Fittler stayed loyal after he retired too. Daley suddenly became interested in the Dragons. Interesting that Davied Furner, the ONE Raider to stay with the ARL, is still with the Raiders, after Meninga, Clyde, Stuart and Daley pissed off elsewhere.

Great post :clap:

Lockyer is no saint off the field either if you believe the rumours.

lol

Reading all of these posts from Lockyer stans about Johns being a druggie make me laugh.

dogslife

Coach
Andrew Johns. Hate the pair of them, but Johns purely and simply because he was also a great defender, and lockyer is turnstiles. Wally lewis shits on the pair of them, he did what he did in the days of the 5m rule, and he was a brutal defender as well

And if you chose Lockyer because Johns took drugs, then wake up to yourselves and get out from under that rock!

Latest posts