What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroz

Juniors
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Roy Nelson

BIG COUNTRY is back. What a man! Is Cro Cop still up to it? Is Nelson? Is this worthy of the main card?

[*]Donald Cerrone vs. Dennis Siver

Donald Cerrone is the man. I respect his fighting power. Siver beat our own George Sots but I thought he was getting taken to town by that guy Wiman before he scraped out a win - can't remember if he was pissing blood or not. Anyway, it's a good matchup. Get him Cowboy.

Pyroz

Juniors
Mitrione by ko I reckon. Cheick will wanna clinch and take him down for some G'n'P. Don't think he'll get close to be honest. Meat head is fun to watch.

Definitely gettin this card. C'mon Condit. Great style of fighter. Always lookin to finish the shit.

Yeah interesting. Rogan said something about Kongo - if wins were decided by looks Kongo would win everytime.

Can't see Mitrione beating him, but wtf would I know!

MattJ

Juniors
BIG COUNTRY is back. What a man! Is Cro Cop still up to it? Is Nelson? Is this worthy of the main card?

Donald Cerrone is the man. I respect his fighting power. Siver beat our own George Sots but I thought he was getting taken to town by that guy Wiman before he scraped out a win - can't remember if he was pissing blood or not. Anyway, it's a good matchup. Get him Cowboy.

Big Country v Cro Cop is worthy of the main card on the fighters names alone, not on any of the recent performances either of them have had. Still a fun fight though, i see Roy winning via ground n pound.

I agree with your opinion on Cerrone, the man seems to be fighting on every 3rd or 4th card, big heart, always gives his all.
I hated seeing Siver end Sots's run, but i have nothing against him otherwise, i do think his last win was questionable though, and he should have been scored a loss by the judges.

dogslife

Coach
Hopefully Meathead worked on his ground game a bit after his last fight, hopefully him and Kongo just stand and trade though could be epic. Go meathead!

aqua_duck

Coach
You could've literally counted on one hand the number of times Rampage actually landed anything worthwhile, Jones dominated him, his leg kicks were brutally accurate, I'm surprised Rampage was able to still walk by the end. Credit to Rampage though, made no excuses, said he came into this fight in the best shape of his life and was mesmerized out there

jc155776

Coach
Jones toyed with him.

Once he beats off Evans (missed the post match talk between the two what they say?) I cant see too many others even being close to his level.

Jones vs Silva?

Yes please.

Jono078

Referee
Jones Vs Silva is easily the way to go.

But even that would be unfair on Silva I think. He'll be like 38 by the time they fight and he'll have to go up to Light Heavy for it (I know he has before but against Jones that'll be tough).

IF Jones runs through Rampage I have no f**king clue who you give him next. Id personally say Machida, I love him and he has the speed and skill to maybe pull off something or offer a new threat unlike anyone else can for Jones.

dogslife

Coach
IF Jones runs through Rampage I have no f**king clue who you give him next. Id personally say Machida, I love him and he has the speed and skill to maybe pull off something or offer a new threat unlike anyone else can for Jones.

Evans? Agree Jones vs Machida would be awesome to watch, Machida is my favourite fighter

Jones' reach is way too much of an advantage. He is THE most unbeatable fighter in the world right now...coming from a massive A. Silva fan.

Snoochies

First Grade
Jones Vs Silva would be interesting. Personally I think the quality of the LHW division is alot stronger than the Middleweight. Silva has utterly dominated the Middleweight except for Sonnen so would be interesting to see Silva take on the LHW division. In retrospect, how do you think Jones would have performed against those that Silva has fought and viceaversa?

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I don't know if I like the idea of Anderson v Jones. Anderson is a freak and I am huge fan. Destroyed the middleweight class and hasn't got much else to prove but for him to go up a weight class at his age (no, I am not saying he is past it) and fight someone like Jones could be a mistake and hurt his legacy (yes, I am predicting Jones to win).

I still like the idea of GSP v Anderson though. I think that fight would be a better fit for both fighters.

For Jones, I would love to see him dominate the LHW division first. There are still some top contenders to take care of like Evans, Machida, etc. and even someone like Phil Davis after he has a few more fights.

Once Jones has cleared the LHW division, I think he should step up to heavyweight. There would be some good fights there for him and with his size and reach, he could more than hold his own. Jones against the likes of JDS and Cain would be great.

Jono078

Referee
Jones will be a heavyweight far in the future I think. It's gonna be hard for him to stick around at 205.

Honestly don't know how he would go as a heavyweight. Obviously he would have the reach and speed to be tactically brilliant, but would he have the KO power or wrestling strength to mix it with someone like Lesnar, Carwin's size?

aqua_duck

Coach
Jones will be a heavyweight far in the future I think. It's gonna be hard for him to stick around at 205.

Honestly don't know how he would go as a heavyweight. Obviously he would have the reach and speed to be tactically brilliant, but would he have the KO power or wrestling strength to mix it with someone like Lesnar, Carwin's size?

Probably not but his speed advantage would be immeasurable. There's nothing to suggest he can't stay at 205, he's never struggled to make weight and he reportedly walks round at 220 odd pounds, 15 pounds isn't a tough cut by any means. If he makes the jump up to HW I can see him only really being challenged by the top 3 or 4 guys in the division

shiznit

Coach
Silva wants nothing of JJ...

it would be massacre.

Jon Jones is by far the best fighter in the UFC.

Rashad is the only guy that i give him a remote chance against... but thats only because he trained with him for so long.... the longer it is before they fight... the less and less i like Rashad's chances... the More JJ evolves... the less of a threat Rashad becomes.

i think the type of fighter who will beat JJ will be a knockout artist who can somehow find there range against him... really pressure him... but also keep themselves out of trouble.

i thought Rampage had a few of those attributes... but he just couldn't find his range...

Dan Henderson maybe?? he has that deadly right hand... and his wrestling is top notch... but nah... i cant see it... JJ just has too many weapons.

Pyroz

Juniors
If Jon Bones Jones can get through Rashad, he'll still have quite a few light-heavyweights in the wings who will be looking for their shot - as inevitable as it is, Jones has plenty of fighters to clean out.

I'd love to see him move up in weight to heavyweight after that though!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Jones will destroy rashad as well. To quick, to strong and way way way to skillful. He's a massive 205er and his reach is phenomenal. A few more months of training and learning his game even more and he'll be ridiculously even better.

Don't throw him to heavyweights just yet, surely he deserves to smash tito's title defense record and own a division like gsp. I'm more interested in a fight with Anderson. He'll smash Anderson as well. Amazing talent.

Also Nate Diaz looked amazing, fantastic performance, love those Diaz bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.