What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

MilkShark

First Grade
by round 3 last year ...how were the cowboys going?
How were their multi pass backline moves going?

I'll be completely honest with you Carch, this time last year I had written Flano off already. And he turned it all around and we made the finals. I just think we could be such a better team if we stopped all the grinding and started playing football. We have Holmes, Bird, Barba and Maloney in the backline yet we use them sparingly.

Under the right coach we could use these attacking weapons to the best of their ability.

If we finish any lower than top 4 this year than I believe we have under performed. And I don't think that's harsh. We have the team.

There is only so many times we can give Flano more time. He has all the tools, now it's time to produce.

FYI, I appreciate where you are coming from and trying to find the positives. But we need to improve, and I don't see any improvement this year compared to last year.

millersnose

Post Whore
1. Sack everyone
2. ??????
3. Win premiership

Seems like there is a step missing
A little bit of missing detail the 'sack everyone' camp are skinny on

How long do the ' sack everyone' camp give the next coaching team b4 repeat and rinse?

MilkShark

First Grade
1. Sack everyone
2. ??????
3. Win premiership

Seems like there is a step missing
A little bit of missing detail the 'sack everyone' camp are skinny on

How long do the ' sack everyone' camp give the next coaching team b4 repeat and rinse?

The fact is if you want to win premierships you need to have the right people on board. In my opinion we need to make a change and that needs to be the coach. When new coaches are appointed they make changes and ideally would go through the current staff with a fine tooth comb and weed out the deadwood and hire the right people to take this club to a grand final.

I cannot see our current coach and his support staff doing that, i'm sorry but that's the way I see things.

My opinion only of course.

Eion

First Grade
I'll be completely honest with you Carch, this time last year I had written Flano off already. And he turned it all around and we made the finals. I just think we could be such a better team if we stopped all the grinding and started playing football. We have Holmes, Bird, Barba and Maloney in the backline yet we use them sparingly.

Under the right coach we could use these attacking weapons to the best of their ability.

If we finish any lower than top 4 this year than I believe we have under performed. And I don't think that's harsh. We have the team.

There is only so many times we can give Flano more time. He has all the tools, now it's time to produce.

FYI, I appreciate where you are coming from and trying to find the positives. But we need to improve, and I don't see any improvement this year compared to last year.

Mate, I don't disagree with you in that I think we have a top 4 squad. But that's top 4 at the end of the season, not in round friggen 3.

Flanno got us to 6 last year and has a better roster this year. It is quite simply madness to even consider sacking him at this stage. Madness.

MilkShark

First Grade
Mate, I don't disagree with you in that I think we have a top 4 squad. But that's top 4 at the end of the season, not in round friggen 3.

Flanno got us to 6 last year and has a better roster this year. It is quite simply madness to even consider sacking him at this stage. Madness.

I agree with you, it is only round 3 and we shouldn't panic. BUT, come the end of the year if we are not in the top 4 I believe we need to make a change. Also, come the end of the year and we not in the top 4, it will be too late to look for a new coach decent coach in the off season.

I hope Lyall has a plan just in case we need to do something and doesn't leave it until the last minute.

Yes he got us to 6 last year, but we should have been higher than that.

RUBIKS

Juniors
But we need to improve, and I don't see any improvement this year compared to last year.

Honest question to any and all...

Has anyone noticed any change in the way we play from 2011 through till now?

I sure haven't.

We may get crisper service out of dummy half, have a faster winger or a better kicking game but we haven't changed the way we play for 5 years.

marrick5

Juniors
Not saying sack him just saying that he needs to adapt to the modern game.. his game plan is NOT going to take you to a premiership simple as that... I mean for crying out load they have Holmes on right wing and where is the majority of the attack directed?? Down the left or barge up the middle???.. He needs to use the players he has in the right way or move aside and allow someone to properly coach this team..

MilkShark

First Grade
Honest question to any and all...

Has anyone noticed any change in the way we play from 2011 through till now?

I sure haven't.

We may get crisper service out of dummy half, have a faster winger or a better kicking game but we haven't changed the way we play for 5 years.

We got better at grinding. Does that count?

betcats

Referee
I don't think Flanno should of survived the ASADA drama but since finishing 6th last season and some good form the first two rounds I think you have to give him the season unless things go really bad, two new halves don't just hit the ground running straight away there will be some teething pains and Manly desperate for a win at brookie is a tough game for any visiting team.

MilkShark

First Grade
Not saying sack him just saying that he needs to adapt to the modern game.. his game plan is NOT going to take you to a premiership simple as that... I mean for crying out load they have Holmes on right wing and where is the majority of the attack directed?? Down the left or barge up the middle???.. He needs to use the players he has in the right way or move aside and allow someone to properly coach this team..

Totally agree.

Flanagonism:

- dont move up in defense, on purpose
- grind out wins
- buy attacking weapons and still grind it out in the forwards
- put international centre on the bench

chewsta

First Grade
I dont see a reason to be hitting the panic button, it is only round 3.
the halves pairing will take time to gel as well as the players around them will need actual game time to get used to them, once they hit their straps.
I also am not surprised that out between Chad and JM that Chad is the one that has hit the ground running. He was already familiar with the place, most of the players and Flanno's ways. Maloney will settle in soon enough. Its a long fuggin season, we'll be fine.

shaggs

Coach
Totally agree.

Flanagonism:

- dont move up in defense, on purpose
- grind out wins
- buy attacking weapons and still grind it out in the forwards
- put international centre on the bench

I think you are using the manly as your only reference.

I hate a stationary defensive line. I did however think this was better in the cows and drags games. It dropped off towards the end of each half, but I will put it down to the heat and interchange and conditioning.

The manly game we reverted to the flanno grind. Likely because of the weather. I think he saw some rain and got spooked. Maybe out players don't have the confidence yet with the changes and got spooked cause of the wet.

I say lets see what happens the next 3 weeks.

Latest posts