What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC day game against the Roosters

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Now that the emotions have settled after the game today, looking back I think we are roughly where we thought we would be at this stage of the season based on last years performance, the same coach etc etc.......Myself included I think our early top of the table form and Widdop slotting them from the sideline and Dugan coming back from injury we thought hello we may be a chance for the top 8 after all...but based on recent events and whilst I will back the boys week in week out, Im afraid I cant see much joy in 2014.

Mr Red

First Grade
Bottom line is we have a 1 2 5 6 13 and nothing else with a couch that is cheap and nasty ..almost like a chinese t-shirt on an imported container.... Maybe a deed poll appointment for a name change to Steve Chong

Funny stuff..
Maybe coach Chong could help dousty with the Asian demographic in hurstville and get them to more matches at kogarah ...

Mr Red

First Grade
Interesting stat.

What's wrong with being a wharfie? Too working class?

And post your source please.

Willow since Rob didn't reply... It was from an article in the SMH, someone else posted it in another thread title something like interesting read about Steve price ...
It says Brown got Price into coaching when he was working on the wharves..

giboz71

First Grade
We may be a couple of forwards short but that doesn't mean we should be so inept at making yards. We don't have the forwards to poke through the line on their own... Fair enough. But where is the variations? Why aren't we hitting the line in numbers and maybe employing some short passes amongst the forwards? If we're not having luck up the middle, why don't we go wider and make ground that way?

Seeing guys like Hunt and Ah Mau week after week hit it up one out is just plain ridiculous. This is where the knives for the Price come out... As there seems to be no options when things aren't working.

Mr Red

First Grade
We may be a couple of forwards short but that doesn't mean we should be so inept at making yards. We don't have the forwards to poke through the line on their own... Fair enough. But where is the variations? Why aren't we hitting the line in numbers and maybe employing some short passes amongst the forwards? If we're not having luck up the middle, why don't we go wider and make ground that way?

Seeing guys like Hunt and Ah Mau week after week hit it up one out is just plain ridiculous. This is where the knives for the Price come out... As there seems to be no options when things aren't working.

It smells like a coach out of his depth to me...

getsmarty

Immortal
This is the stat, every week we are obliterated in the metres gained.. its amazing that we have won as many games we we have, because we are being flogged thru the middle.

Exactly.... Price is not up to 1st Grade standard.

dragondad

First Grade
If we hadn't kept dropping the ball, not to mention giving away penalties(or maybe Hayne just penalising us), we would have been in the game more.

dragonreddy

Juniors

Normally you would put a rocket up some of them and send a couple back to reserve grade but it never happens so , they must be playing to Prices orders.Complete lack of urgency show today at times, standing waiting for someone else to do it.

FlameThrower

Bench
"We want to be a benchmark footy club and we weren't today. Parts of the game were positive but parts I was very disappointed with," he said.

"There were areas of our game that we were doing really, really well earlier in the season that we weren't too flash at today."

Fearless leader words of wisdom. I love my Dragons but I could not see any positives apar from no injury to our players, rest was crapolla..

krispyredv

Juniors
Im really over this, i just want to see saints stand up against a benchmark side and give them a real run for their money like they used to back in the early/mid 2000's. Price needs to get sacked at the end of this year, bring in nathan brown miles ahead of this dope and actually has smart gameplans. The forwards is the obvious problem, we need to release the dead wood in the forwards like hunt, and ah mau who has impressed but is too inconsistent. no point raging now since price will probably pick the same side but its tearing me apart seeing another season go to waste..oh and if anyone heard a bloke walking to the carpark singing oh when the saints go marching in that was me

twinkletoes

Juniors
Sadly, after 3 years in the wilderness and the biggest recruitment drive in our history we are no closer to being a premiership threat than 3 years ago. We are marching up and down in the same spot. Despite the rhetoric at the end of last season by Doust about key performance indciators and best practices in this and that we have progressed only marginally from last year. Even the press conference today is reminiscent of last years and before.

iI have waited in hopeful anticapation that this year would see drastic changes in our performance. That has not been the case, although there hve been some small improvements. Wide sweeping changes are now required before the club can seriously challenge again

GT0007

Juniors
Play the ball - look at it. We lay in it, we have 1 marker, we have 2 still getting up. Look at theirs, the have 2 almost every time. Play the ball is a problem.

100% correct and I've been saying it for weeks. We are losing the wrestle in the tackle and end up on the ground. That is the source of nearly all our problems. That is why the other teams get a free hit from DH which has us backpedaling and then we have no line speed, just to get on side is an achievement. Then you start running out of petrol when you are putting that much pressure on your D. Then you start missing tackles through fatigue. We need better value from a wrestling coach for not only when we are defending but also when we have the ball to get to our feet quicker with the opposition underneath

The Chef

Juniors

GT0007

Juniors
I am not necessarily a supporter of Price and I do question his selections from time to time but to blame him for the teams demise since Bennett is way off the mark. We have all talked about the Roster he inherited and we all know we are short a good prop or 2 and now a centre. Half is still a concern as well.

Price has done no worse than what Bennett did as in the last 14 games we won just 4 with Bennett! I've attached a pic if you wish to check the results. I'm not sure if the way Bennett coached has left us with a hangover of methods that no longer work. As you can see with Newcastle he had a good 1st and 2nd year and now they are struggling.

We need to win the wrestle in the ruck to improve our marker defense and slow the ruck down, then we can be back onside early to create better line speed. Then we are not back pedaling and chewing up juice and the actual tackling will be more effective.

Our kicking game today was atrocious!

We have very few decoy runners in attack!

We crowd our wingers more since Dugan has been back so he needs to learn to straighten up the attack and run angles. I'd like to see Widdop play Dugan at the line a bit more and Duges to run from outside in or trail inside like Slater.

I think Widdop might do better as a captain with the Refs then Creagh.

I watched all of the contentious calls today frame by frame and the Roosters faired much better than us which happens every week. I also think that the refs are putting us out of the game in the 1st 10-20mins every week being too tough on slowing the ruck down then seem to relax on it, they are destroying the game from the start. However our errors were the icing on the cake today.

I still believe we can come good if we start by fixing the ruck

Attachments

• Bennett Results 2011.jpg
    Bennett Results 2011.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 4

emack

Juniors
I am not necessarily a supporter of Price and I do question his selections from time to time but to blame him for the teams demise since Bennett is way off the mark. We have all talked about the Roster he inherited and we all know we are short a good prop or 2 and now a centre. Half is still a concern as well.

Price has done no worse than what Bennett did as in the last 14 games we won just 4 with Bennett! I've attached a pic if you wish to check the results. I'm not sure if the way Bennett coached has left us with a hangover of methods that no longer work. As you can see with Newcastle he had a good 1st and 2nd year and now they are struggling.

We need to win the wrestle in the ruck to improve our marker defense and slow the ruck down, then we can be back onside early to create better line speed. Then we are not back pedaling and chewing up juice and the actual tackling will be more effective.

Our kicking game today was atrocious!

We have very few decoy runners in attack!

We crowd our wingers more since Dugan has been back so he needs to learn to straighten up the attack and run angles. I'd like to see Widdop play Dugan at the line a bit more and Duges to run from outside in or trail inside like Slater.

I think Widdop might do better as a captain with the Refs then Creagh.

I watched all of the contentious calls today frame by frame and the Roosters faired much better than us which happens every week. I also think that the refs are putting us out of the game in the 1st 10-20mins every week being too tough on slowing the ruck down then seem to relax on it, they are destroying the game from the start. However our errors were the icing on the cake today.

I still believe we can come good if we start by fixing the ruck

And the rationale in this post is why we still have Price as coach......................I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how anyone could still defend Price?!