What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer should be arrested

Footy-Fan

Juniors
Hmmm, lets ignore the fact that the Storm were by far the better team...

I honestly don't think they were, at least not by far. Their kicking game was, I'll give them that. I'm just sick of games being decided by ref calls. Forget tonights game, all year, even origin, big calls are being made right at the end in close matches. I believe that Parra had more then a shoe in to win tonights game if it wern't for the call. They had the momentum, & have showed in the recent wins how dangerous they are with it. But whatever, nothing can be changed.

backdoor

Juniors
Hayne should be arrested for doing his best to keep the bandwagon rolling.

I remember an old Warren Ryan theory abot players "conveniently falling over" after missing a tackle when a try is scored.
Hayne reminded me of it tonight.

BTW... apparently one of the Australian team selectors was asked about Hayne's chances of getting the No 1 jersey....

The answer... "Good Luck"

Apey

Staff member
Or it was actually a clearly incorrect call and put a sour note onto a great grand final.

It was a call that certainly favoured Melbourne that was huge in the context in the game. Idiots however will just use it as an excuse.

Storm had to beat Parra and the biased fairytale refereeing to be up 22 - 6 and deserved victory.

backdoor

Juniors
FWIW, I have no inclination towards either team, but a statement by Honest Billy Harrigan during the week gave a preview to what was likely in the 2nd half when he said that "we all want a close game"...

DeeJ

Bench
In a way his ruling was consistently with other leg tackles like that during the match so you could argue the penalty was justified. I noticed earlier in the match a Storm player tackled an Eel from behind around the legs but was just as quick to let go of him.

Shorty

Staff member
It was a call that certainly favoured Melbourne that was huge in the context in the game. Idiots however will just use it as an excuse.

Storm had to beat Parra and the biased fairytale refereeing to be up 22 - 6 and deserved victory.
Absolutely, but that is definietly an area where the refs are not at all consistent in.
And in that game alone, there were loads of similar tackles in which the ref was more than patient.

To be honest if Parra were to win it, it may have been fairly undeserved but still the call was sh*tty.

Ridders

Coach
Most parra fans have acknowledged that.
We made mistakes, the ref made mistakes. We're all human.

Well said. I can understand the pain Parra fans are going through. You guys had a magical run but fell short on the night. Chin up.

Butters

Bench
Oh well the Slater knock on/penalty more than makes up for the supposed high tackle on Inu. Now that was a joke of a call.

big country

Juniors
archer is clearly not up to 1st grade standard - how he was selected to referee the GF is beyond me....i have seen him make some many crucil f-ups all season it's not funny......even funnier is that back in round 22 after another f-up I told my mates then and there that if he referees the g/f he will make a monumental f-up which will cost a team the gf and it has come to pass that my words were correct

PS - I'm not a parra supporter

Smithtown

Coach
It was a long way from being the worst refereeing in a GF - it was almost reasonable but not quite.

The worst 'non' decision in the game was actually in the first half when Inglis was clearly taken out late by Ben Smith when he chip kicked into the in-goal for himself.

No penalty to Melbourne - which would have had them camped on Parra's line for another set up six whilst up 10-0.

GongPanther

Referee
I'm going out on a limb here,and I have yet to see a replay of the game,but for the first 10 minutes of the game,the storm got away with three forward passes from dummy half (not to mention forth in the second) and how they were not penalised at that time really had me thinking this was not going to be Parramatta's day and it seemed like they were not going to be allowed a fair suck of the sav.

There were some devious instances of the Storm with their holding the player down especially with the third players coming in slowing proceedings.

But like I said,I'll have another look.

backdoor

Juniors
Archer and Hayne are poo but they are probably still the best of a bad, bad bunch.

Anytime you think Archer is bad just remember that it could have been Suttor or Cummins.

seanoff

Juniors
it was a long way from being the worst refereeing in a gf - it was almost reasonable but not quite.

The worst 'non' decision in the game was actually in the first half when inglis was clearly taken out late by ben smith when he chip kicked into the in-goal for himself.

No penalty to melbourne - which would have had them camped on parra's line for another set up six whilst up 10-0.

this.

Garts

Bench
I am not sure on the decision, hard to tell at the ground but the better team won.