What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipan

Referee
Friday is now with us.Any leaks/rumours/inuendos/news Bec(hic) Horsehead and Mr Taliban from the Daily Trough?

"Make that two schooners of full strength ASADA with a bottle of bitter lemon thanks, bar keep."

Feej

First Grade
Week 71 today as as normal the sun rose in the east, and ASADA have nothing, groundhog day again

2299616522_a55e7d6678_o.gif

Southern Shark

Juniors
Bec has two business hours left for her assured Asada notices to be issued. Surely she will be sacked after countless false shark articles.

RUBIKS

Juniors
SMH said:
Sandor Earl wins injunction against ASADA

1403236674091.jpg-620x349.jpg

Small victory: Former Canberra Raiders winger Sandor Earl.

Sandor Earl's appearance before the NRL's anti-doping tribunal is expected to be delayed after the former Canberra and Penrith winger won an injunction against his name being entered into the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's register of findings.

The 24-year-old, based in Thailand since his exile from the code in August last year, was invited to front the NRL panel next week and faced a possible four-year ban over more than 30 doping charges.

Earl, however, was eager to have his challenge against ASADA heard at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal in Sydney before he appears at the NRL hearing, which was scheduled after his name was added to the register of findings last month.

The injunction delivered in the AAT, essentially stopping his addition to the register until his full case is heard, is likely to ensure next week's NRL tribunal sitting is postponed. It is a small victory for the sidelined three-quarter, who tweeted on Thursday night: "No matter how frustrating or unfair the only person that gives me a fighting chance my legend lawyer Tim Unsworth I appreciate everything!!"

Earl's legal team is contesting his inclusion on the register of findings, the precursor to an athlete being handed an infraction notice and a ban by a sport.

It is believed part of their case includes challenging the process by which ASADA investigators came into possession of text messages on Earl's phone that are understood to feature in the anti-doping watchdog's case against the footballer.

Earl is facing more than 30 anti-doping violations resulting from his time at Penrith in 2011 and the Raiders in 2012 and 2013, ranging from use, attempted use, possession, trafficking to attempted trafficking of prohibited substances.

They include the alleged use of peptide CJC-1295 while he was recovering from double shoulder surgery at the Panthers and the alleged trafficking of growth hormone Somatropin, selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMS), the anabolic agent Clenbuterol and the testosterone blend Sustanon.

Former Cronulla trainer Trent Elkin, meanwhile, is due to have his appeal against a two-year ban heard by the NRL tribunal next Friday.
Source

Card Shark

Immortal
They all should just cop the six months ban and plead ignorance starting right now .

Trouble is Carch, even by admitting any guilt, there is no guarantee the punishment will be 6 months. It might be 18 months, if ASADA feel like handing that out.

Jaegerex

Juniors
It wouldn't matter, the NRL would stand them down immediately and then probably like Earl the players are left waiting a year, unable to play, waiting to be entered into the register and their sentence officially starting.
So who knows, 6 months could turn to 3 years by the time the Asada get around to doing their job.

Weaponhead

Coach
The longer it goes the less it matters. Not to mention the less i care.

Can't argue with that.

I spent most of last night feeling sorry for my 8 year old who went to game with a bunch of Manly supporters.

Most of us here are long term supporters with support measured in decades. My care factor is rapidly reducing. It is hard to find a reason to hang in there. The club is an abso!ute f**ken mess. Zero leadership. Bosses of the club invisible, dross on the field, the list goes on.

The trouble with getting on a bit is that you can easily see better ways to spend your time.

carinashark

First Grade
Sort of feel the same way since my kids have left Sydney . Now I'm looking at moving to the far south coast, but Sharks are the first sport result I look at.

Southern Shark

Juniors
It is beyond explanation why Asada have taken so long to finalize the Nrl investigation. They have destroyed the Sharks. Can only redeem themselves if all the Roosters are handed infraction notices via the Martin Kennedy fiasco. Then all will be fotgotten.

The Popper

Bench
Hey! Hey! A senior WADA official has come out and criticised ASADA for the farce they are making of this issue. It shoulda been dead and buried long ago. Penalties??? I guess some think that Lundy, Clare, Gillard, and the Tele trio shoulda been gaoled long ago. That should fix it. Ooops! Almost forgot.............and a severe reprimand for Quigs, too. LOL!!!

The Popper

Bench
Steady on there, Popper! Wot the heck are you doing! Giving that lot free meals, free board, free movies, free medical, free gym membership, etc, etc. The first three get that sorta stuff already, anyway. The only one who's really getting punished here is young Quigs. Crikey! I didn't thinka that. Quigs......consider yourself exonerated, young fella!

Card Shark

Immortal
If Quigs went in the clink, he be devasted because he wouldn't be able to watch his beloved Donkeys live every Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.