What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkShocked

Bench
You have and always will massively overstate the impact of this.

If the players attempt to sue the club along the lines of 'unwitting' how much information do you believe is floating around at present that has been suppressed because of the actions of today and the actions of the club closing off the Kavanagah reports availability.

If the players take on the club, all gloves are off and the intimate details of any players culpability and knowledge will be presented.

Do you think that bodes well for them?

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah I can

He was in charge
The two options is that not even the club doctor communicated such a threatening event to the board such was the dysfunction
Or like everyone else he knew and hid from it like he did when he flew overseas and hid when the Shyt hit the fan

As for blaming a Journo because he decided to leak " horse drugs" to the press give us a break

If the players aren't the ultimate target of asada, and tht may well be the case, an investigation into who knew what may make very ugly reading

well of course you can.
You've had the luxury of 80 weeks worth of hindsight to digest the entire situation.

maybe you should be the next boss and win us premiership?

Omnishark2

Juniors
For any legal action against the club to be successful, the player will need to prove actual loss :

- Loss of income : Would be fairly limited for most players, given the backdated 12 month deal
- Loss of reputation : How do you quantify this ? What is the typical rugby league player's reputation worth in the era of bubbling etc ?
- Absence of duty of care : Probably the strongest argument, but again what actual losses & impacts did this lead to ?
- Adverse health impacts : Extremely grey area - good luck proving that ! Isaac Gordon is probably the exception, with the alleged Warfarin use / bruising.
- Stress : Again quantify the actual losses & impacts this lead to ?

Card Shark

Immortal
well of course you can.
You've had the luxury of 80 weeks worth of hindsight to digest the entire situation.

maybe you should be the next boss and win us premiership?

Damian Irvine put his balls & family on the line for this club becomes he loves it as much as his family.

He would never purposefully do anything to jeopardise it's existence.

He has paid an extremely heavy price...forced from what he loves.

Players & officials will come & go but none will be as devasted when they do go like he would be.

He (& other board members) trusted some officials too much but out of all this, he has paid the highest price.

shaggs

Coach
I would wager that there will be players who could stand to lose a lot more if they take the club on. Does anyone really believe that nrl players have never taken any other gear. Clubs all know who has and hasn't. If a player from the sharks tries to sue I reckon all dirty laundry will be out.

Card Shark

Immortal
For any legal action against the club to be successful, the player will need to prove actual loss :

- Loss of income : Would be fairly limited for most players, given the backdated 12 month deal
- Loss of reputation : How do you quantify this ? What is the typical rugby league player's reputation worth in the era of bubbling etc ?
- Absence of duty of care : Probably the strongest argument, but again what actual losses & impacts did this lead to ?
- Adverse health impacts : Extremely grey area - good luck proving that ! Isaac Gordon is probably the exception, with the alleged Warfarin use / bruising.
- Stress : Again quantify the actual losses & impacts this lead to ?

Good summary there.

Despite us getting sued a substantial amount of $, say between $1 to $2 million $, the fact that this is behind us & we can actively chase sponsorships / sign new players will cancel it out.

Card Shark

Immortal
I would wager that there will be players who could stand to lose a lot more if they take the club on. Does anyone really believe that nrl players have never taken any other gear. Clubs all know who has and hasn't. If a player from the sharks tries to sue I reckon all dirty laundry will be out.

What the club has on it's side is "a professional athlete is ultimately responsible for what they consume".

shaggs

Coach
What the club has on it's side is "a professional athlete is ultimately responsible for what they consume".

Exactly this. Over the past two years I have had to do a lot of checking of supplements and gear with Asada. They say that even if the website says it's safe, it is your own responsibility and saying that you didn't know or the "protein" was tainted doesn't wash.

chewsta

First Grade
So is all this shit finally over now, or what?
can we finally focus on winning the spoon?

lockyno1

Post Whore
At least it is over, you guys will bounce back. It was a mess, I just wish my other team would do the same rather than suing every single bloke for the sake of it!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Sharks can now focus on nothing but footy for 2015.

No Carney, No ASADA.

Should be a good quiet off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts