What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Coach
you don't understand! It is AWFUL! The first time I cooked my husband breakfast here (before we were married), I was horrified as the bacon was deep frying itself in it's own fat. It makes me feel sick.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wagyu practices are good, but in most other instunces the animals are either directly fed hormones or the hormones are in the grass.

No doubt practices here are much better than the states though.
not most instances. In some it may be, but its not that common an occurrence in Australia in the beef, pork and lamb/mutton industries.

Supermarkets who have affiliations with poultry farms are the major culprits of that, in this country.

The cost of feeding a chicken injected with growth hormones, is hardly much at all.

The cost of growth hormones, extra feed etc for a cow/pig/sheep injected with growth hormones is far greater and would not see about any financial gain at all.

Growth hormones also are detrimental to sheep wool, makes it weaker.

The more natural meat is the more expensive meat and is the best tasting meat.

Australia has a proud tradition of producing the worlds best beef, mutton, lamb and pork and its something that the industry cannot afford to tamper with just to make a few extra dollars.

perverse

Referee
you don't understand! It is AWFUL! The first time I cooked my husband breakfast here (before we were married), I was horrified as the bacon was deep frying itself in it's own fat. It makes me feel sick.
that is dead set filthy. lol.

thorson1987

Coach
But they have bacon salt in the US!

c4e9_bacon_salt.jpg

They also have.

Gummi Bacon

b97f_gummy_bacon.jpg

Bacon flavoured floss

bacon-floss.jpg

and of course

Bacon Chocolate.

Bacon-Chocolate.jpg

The only reason i like Americans is for all the uses they have come up with for bacon.

gUt

Coach
Well that certainly slaughtered this thread...

MU, the bottle brushes are in, thanks for the gardening advice mate. This is the best gardening advice thread ever.

IanG

Coach
Back on topic. Lucky I guess that I've only been to one wedding in the last 10 years. By contrast been to about a dozen funerals

Raider_69

Post Whore
i got my gfs engagement ring today
not in need of advise really, just needing to let this out, and i cant do so in any other way incase it gets back to her, and im too excited not to tell anyone

i got my gfs engagement ring today
not in need of advise really, just needing to let this out, and i cant do so in any other way incase it gets back to her, and im too excited not to tell anyone

Good stuff R69.

You'll never forget the day you ask the big question.

StormChaser

First Grade
What the hell, have been given shit advice before, so anyway, have taken a second job to save for the ever f**king elusive dream of owning my own home, and Shire boy says we should pool our money and buy together. Now for someone who was commitmentphobic enough to lose sleep over making our relationship official on fb, this is making me shit myself with fear.
We already live together soooo.......ah f**k I don't know. Wah!

Skinner

Coach
What the hell, have been given shit advice before, so anyway, have taken a second job to save for the ever f**king elusive dream of owning my own home, and Shire boy says we should pool our money and buy together. Now for someone who was commitmentphobic enough to lose sleep over making our relationship official on fb, this is making me shit myself with fear.

Just be very sure Stormy....buying a house with someone after (IIRC) a fairly short relationship can be fraught with danger.

I guess I'm saying don't rush into it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

could get ugly if you guys split up

Status
Not open for further replies.