What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girls from All girls catholic schools were the easiest when i was a younger chap. So trying to hide them from boys isn't the answer imo

adamkungl

Immortal
Tbh the last thing any of us were thinking about at that point was our parents...I doubt there's much you can say or do, gotta trust her judgement.

Dani

Immortal
Found out last night that the ex never wanted to move to Melbourne with me at all. Kinda makes shit hurt more.

5 more days of crap. Thank goodness.

Raider_69

Post Whore
So dani, whats the dealio? You still living with this dude for the moment? If so is that a bit weird and hard? any slide back action, i lived with an ex for a while and eventually i just had to go, because too much slide back was going on. (I then moved out, we got back together a few weeks later and im marrying her in nov, so yay for happy endings)

Dani

Immortal
Yeah we're living together for the next 5 days. I'm moving back home then.

There hasn't been any speaking let alone other action...

Raider_69

Post Whore
damn, thats cold, reminds me of my ex house mate, we had a falling out and didnt speak for 3 weeks before i moved out, made life very uncomfortable for a while, thankfully i spent my weekends at that point at my gfs

Springs

First Grade
So how do I get her to hold off the whole sex thing until she's like, 30? Nah, you know, not 30, if I have to be realistic and not pathologically against her ever doing it - say 17. I could cope with 17. 18 would be better. You know, get through school without that as a distraction.

Do you go the "respect your body, don't give it away, the boys your age are just after one thing, save yourself for someone you love maturely, it's special and should be with the right person" angle and build her self-esteem so she can say "No, I'm worth more than a quick roll with a horny kid" route? That seems like the only logical way to me to get her to hold off without giving her any debilitating attitudes or phobia's.

Fathers are conflicted creatures. We love the idea of our daughters marrying a nice bloke and having a family and being happy etc, but we HATE the idea of anyone touching our little girl.

If I had a daughter I couldn't stand thinking of her doing all the things I hear kids get up to. A teenager (who I thought was nice and respectable) described to me how kids at a local boarding school (underage of course) hide under the stage to have sex. And these are kids as young as year 7 and 8. The teachers know and don't care apparently. I don't think kids that young are educated or mature enough.

I think having a proper father figure and mother figure in their lives is vitally important to kids respecting themselves more.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Karl you sound like you're an attentive caring father and thus you probably do not need to worry. Trust me the far majority of girls who Springs is talking about either have fathers who are not attentive, never met their fathers or have a father who was ridiculously strict on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts