What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm nice call, I don't have a lot of width to work with but you can get dwarf varieties.
you could always graft it with a smaller variety plant and create a hybrid version which doesn't grow as bushy or rapidly.

Just be cautious when grafting with a bottlebrush, it will be dominant so the host plant will need to be strong, healthy and at least a few years old.

You'll also need several stakes. be sure to tie the area above and below the graft to a stake or two, but not too tight as it may hamper the bottlebrush taking to the host.

Alba

Coach
My relationship with deep fried food has come to an abrupt end. I miss it. When I'm really hungry I can almost taste the deliciousness and it takes every ounce of self control to resist. How do I stop myself from running back?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
My relationship with deep fried food has come to an abrupt end. I miss it. When I'm really hungry I can almost taste the deliciousness and it takes every ounce of self control to resist. How do I stop myself from running back?
Liquid diet.

I hear the yanks have deep fried apple and strawberry bits in their bowl of deep fried corn flakes, springled with deep fried sugar and covered in deep fried milk.

Cliffhanger

Coach

Just stick with it and it becomes easy with time. I cut out pasta, potatoes, rice and meat. Now I just don't miss them at all. That said occasionally I can smell meat pies or roast chicken and it's a killer but I wouldn't even consider going back to them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Just drink a litre of used cooking oil every time you feel like fried food. It'll cure ya urges.

adamkungl

Immortal
Just stick with it and it becomes easy with time. I cut out pasta, potatoes, rice and meat. Now I just don't miss them at all. That said occasionally I can smell meat pies or roast chicken and it's a killer but I wouldn't even consider going back to them.

Bugger that...I'd rather be a fat merkin and eat pasta and meat than be ridiculously fit and miss out. As it stands, I'm a reasonably fit merkin and eat as much pasta and meat as I want, all of the time :D

Alba

Coach
Cliffy, I love roasts, I'd never cut them out. I don't wanna be too drastic, just little by little .. Deep fried food and soda for now.. Pasta is my favourite so that won't be going anywhere but I've cut it down from 3 times a week to once..

Cliffhanger

Coach
I stopped eating meat because I was uneasy about farming practices and pasta because it's an empty carbahydrate and I would rather get my carbs from more whole sources, because of how much I train I could eat whatever I wanted but eating like this makes my body feel better.

Sometimes I miss SpagBol.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I gave up deep fried food so long ago that if I have any now it just makes me feel sick, cant stand fatty foods at all

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I stopped eating meat because I was uneasy about farming practices and pasta because it's an empty carbahydrate and I would rather get my carbs from more whole sources, because of how much I train I could eat whatever I wanted but eating like this makes my body feel better.

Sometimes I miss SpagBol.
nothing wrong with farming practices in this country

Cliffhanger

Coach
Cliffy, I love roasts, I'd never cut them out. I don't wanna be too drastic, just little by little .. Deep fried food and soda for now.. Pasta is my favourite so that won't be going anywhere but I've cut it down from 3 times a week to once..

I remember giving up soda, it was hard. Deep fried food is good step, just find healthier alternatives, which you enjoy equally. Roasts are good for you, I don't eat meat for moral reasons. I wish I could go back on it sometimes, but I just can't.

Cliffhanger

Coach
nothing wrong with farming practices in this country

Wagyu practices are good, but in most other instunces the animals are either directly fed hormones or the hormones are in the grass.

No doubt practices here are much better than the states though.

Alba

Coach
I had a couple of weeks where I wouldn't touch any meat or eggs or anything because the practices in this country are beyond disgraceful. But I love meat. All of my favourite dishes have meat, so it didn't last long. I do still believe the practices need to change and the standards need to be raised though.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I had a couple of weeks where I wouldn't touch any meat or eggs or anything because the practices in this country are beyond disgraceful. But I love meat. All of my favourite dishes have meat, so it didn't last long. I do still believe the practices need to change and the standards need to be raised though.

Get your meats from an Amish community. :)

Alba

Coach
They are too far away!! I hate the bacon here though, I won't eat it. Disgusting! Can't wait to get back home I'm gonna buy 2kgs of it and have bacon everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.