What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

yakstorm

First Grade

bipolarbob

Juniors
warrington has the nz v lebanese. not got a ticket. thinking of just paying on the door..

should get in if i get their early enough

taste2taste

Juniors
I know some won't be happy with anything less than a sell out but I rekon a crowd of 40k is phenomenal.

A Tier 1 Vs Tier 2 game has never had a crowd of that size. Yes Samoa are strong but don't yet hold the same appeal to general fans as NZ or Aust. I would have expected Eng V Nz or Aus opener to be an easy sell out.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I know some won't be happy with anything less than a sell out but I rekon a crowd of 40k is phenomenal.

A Tier 1 Vs Tier 2 game has never had a crowd of that size. Yes Samoa are strong but don't yet hold the same appeal to general fans as NZ or Aust. I would have expected Eng V Nz or Aus opener to be an easy sell out.
So true, they’d only be able to rely on australia or nz as opposition in the past to get a crowd that big.

wain

Juniors

Totally agree! This can’t be stressed enough! We’ve finally done away with the super pool which inflated crowds but seemed contrived to outsiders as a way of hiding the minnows from the big 3. it served its purpose, but now to know we have at least 2 teams in each pool to give us matchups that would have previously been equivalent to our quarter finals…so good! Eng v Samoa, tonga v lebanese, aus v Fiji all in opening round…and 5 teams that wouldn’t look out of place in the final! 😍

Dark Corner

Juniors
I`ve got a couple of fumbleball fans at work, so bugger the news I`ve been mouthing off : " 50 000 in for the World Cup opener " at every opportunity. Sometimes I throw in at St. James Park Newcastle for good measure. Much muttering and gnashing of teeth usually ensues. Love it.
It be like a parallel universe for me today as it won't be Soccer rammed down your neck but TGG....just wish it was like this all the time.