What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith and Dean Widders...Gorne...?

PIG

Juniors
Ive never called for his sacking before....but this can't work.

We should re-sign JT as assistant coach and put him in charge for the rest of the season. I don't care what Newcastle do with Hagan...but Smith not showing up to functions and the speculation all this will create will be negative for the team. I don't care what anyone says- you can't work in an environment where you're not wanted (Smith) and the speculation and inuendo throughout the season is gonna kill us before we even begin.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And the Ben Smith leaves, we possibly sign Gasnier or Tonga thing...

Ben is younger than Gasnier and less hot-and-cold than Gasnier. As for Tonga...Injury-prone and defensive issues are two terms that best describe him.

I would hate to lose Ben Smith, a future rep star for sure, and get someone like Craig Smith in return...

El Diablo

Post Whore
eelavation said:
you're exactly right and even went to the point off pulling an advertisment for Parra Leagues out of 2GB, he backed him to the tilt..

Ray was none too happy about that either lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
yeah - he wasn't real happy eh .... i don't know that smithy - i only know cool collected smithy who takes cryptic shots a ppl ... but this was i'm not real happy smithy ... makes me worried a bit if our usually clam coach is getting riled over stuff

I know...

I realise Brian couldn't have stayed with us forever...But this whole scenario will bite us in the arse in the end...

El Diablo

Post Whore
PIG said:

We should re-sign JT as assistant coach and put him in charge for the rest of the season. I don't care what Newcastle do with Hagan...but Smith not showing up to functions and the speculation all this will create will be negative for the team. I don't care what anyone says- you can't work in an environment where you're not wanted (Smith) and the speculation and inuendo throughout the season is gonna kill us before we even begin.

the more i hear Smith the more i keep thinking he's trying to get sacked

you'd swear Parra never did anything for him. 10 years on a good wage and he starts carrying on like a bloody sheila.

turf him

PJ Marshal

Coach
all rumours and speculation right now, sure these things are bound to come up and if they go, they go what can we do about it ? NOTHING pkayers play who they want to play for their own reasons

id stop worrying about this and worry about how our seasons gonna go we can talk about this when june 30th comes along

ffs lets see some footy

Johns Magic

Referee
fish eel said:
are you saying suity doesnt have a clue?

your on thin ice, bucko.

Can you read?

"had no clue"...as in, he had no clue who Josh Smith was.

That ice isn't quite as thin as you think it is,

Doctor

Bench
strider said:
josh? ... sounds like you are a credible source too :lol: :lol:

Josh Smith played for Newcastle a few years ago. I'm not sure if saying it a third or fourth time will assist you in understanding this.

Johns Magic

Referee
fish eel said:
are you saying suity doesnt have a clue?

your on thin ice, bucko.

Can you read?

Where does Suity come into this? I was talking about Strider.

I said "had no clue"...as in, he had no clue who Josh Smith was. Which was absolutely right.

That ice isn't quite as thin as you think it is.

parralight

Juniors
Actually talking about Jamie Lyon
lets be cold and professional about this.

If we play a game of pick the player like we used to do in the school yard...
You have Jamie Lyon on one side and Ben Smith and Dean Widders on the other - who would you pick ?

Ok Widders and Smith are wonderful blokes and Lyon is a prick but at the end of the day - we want the team to win.

99% of us fans would pick Lyon.

My point is this - Two years ago we said that we would never get over Willie Tonga leaving - Last year it was Jamie Lyon and next year it may be Ben Smith.
But for every Ben Smith there is a Brett Delaney or a Kris Inu or a Jarrod Hayne or someone else around the corner - and thats just in our club.
Every time I turn the TV on I hear that such and such team has signed the next Andrew Johns etc .....
For every Ben Smith going there is another Ben Smith waiting in the wings.
At the end of every year my old man (who lives in Sydney) calls and we talk for hours about who parra is going to sign and who from the lower grades will be bought up.
Its what makes out game so great - its football.

So no matter who Smithy takes - Chill out - we will send out 17 players willing to shed blood for the eels!!

parralight

Juniors
Eelementary said:
See, to me that sucks donkey's nuts.

I haven't been impressed with Tighe at all...Plus we have young guys like Green, Keating, Mateo and Perenara, all of whom have impressed staff...

Yep Im not discouting those players esp Kris Keating who I know that the club has HUGE raps on.
BUT - well we will see.

I trust HAGENS ability as a coach like I do all NRL coaches. You have to have some ability to coach successfully in the NRL. If HAGEN sees some potential in young TIGHE then Im not going to knock it.

Still worried by the coaching drama though....

Johns Magic

Referee
strider said:
yeah - and my point being that has about as much cred as a danny weilder imagined story

hey - matt kings brother once played for parra - I think matt might surely come play for parra

Is Matt King a Parra junior though?

Is Matt King's coach changing to the Eels?

Didn't think so.

Josh Smith playing for the Knights couldn't hurt either.

In any case, I wasn't starting a rumour. I was merely commenting on it.

parralight

Juniors
PIG said:

YES I agree- His position as coach is throughly untenable and he should be terminated ASAP.
perhaps by airing his feelings in the media he is trying to goad the board to terminate his services ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
parralight said:
Actually talking about Jamie Lyon
lets be cold and professional about this.

If we play a game of pick the player like we used to do in the school yard...
You have Jamie Lyon on one side and Ben Smith and Dean Widders on the other - who would you pick ?

Ok Widders and Smith are wonderful blokes and Lyon is a prick but at the end of the day - we want the team to win.

99% of us fans would pick Lyon.

My point is this - Two years ago we said that we would never get over Willie Tonga leaving - Last year it was Jamie Lyon and next year it may be Ben Smith.
But for every Ben Smith there is a Brett Delaney or a Kris Inu or a Jarrod Hayne or someone else around the corner - and thats just in our club.
Every time I turn the TV on I hear that such and such team has signed the next Andrew Johns etc .....
For every Ben Smith going there is another Ben Smith waiting in the wings.
At the end of every year my old man (who lives in Sydney) calls and we talk for hours about who parra is going to sign and who from the lower grades will be bought up.
Its what makes out game so great - its football.

So no matter who Smithy takes - Chill out - we will send out 17 players willing to shed blood for the eels!!

And all those Delaneys, Inus, etc. may turn out to be massive flops.

Ben Smith is a proven player at First Grade level, and Dean Widders is THE best bench player there is.

parralight

Juniors
Eelementary said:
And all those Delaneys, Inus, etc. may turn out to be massive flops.

Ben Smith is a proven player at First Grade level, and Dean Widders is THE best bench player there is.

You MAY be right but if I said to you two years ago that you shouldnt worry about Lyon going cause a young fella named Ben Smith is coming through you would have said the same thing ...

Lets wait and see ......

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's true parralight...

I don't know...I'm just a weird person.

Despite the fact that players and coaches can do what they like when they're off contract, if Benny adn Deano leave to Newcastle, I'd feel like they turned their backs on us...

Probably stupid, but that's how I'd feel...

strider

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Is Matt King a Parra junior though?

Is Matt King's coach changing to the Eels?

Didn't think so.

Josh Smith playing for the Knights couldn't hurt either.

In any case, I wasn't starting a rumour. I was merely commenting on it.

yeah yeah ok - i'll wear the "i'm an idiot" sign for a day :oops: .... my first reaction was what the hell are you talking about - then i saw someone say he was his bro ... but i stand by the where his bro plays makes no diff story :D

parralight

Juniors
Eelementary said:
That's true parralight...

I don't know...I'm just a weird person.

Despite the fact that players and coaches can do what they like when they're off contract, if Benny adn Deano leave to Newcastle, I'd feel like they turned their backs on us...

Probably stupid, but that's how I'd feel...

Haha - hey dont worry - Im not saying that I wont cry buckets cause I honestly believe that Ben Smith will be one of the most dominate centres in the game next year but who knows??
AND I love Dean Widders but then anyone who pulls on the parra jersey will be supported...

Latest posts