What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

franklin2323

Immortal
This little incident was being kept nicely under wraps for a couple months as well, wasn't it?

Do you think this will be the ONLY time this type of thing will happen this year? Sports all over the world have crazy's cause trouble. There is no way Souths could of known this was going to the media. Especially if they have photos of the marks on Teo's head and no charges.

eozsmiles

Bench
Te'o should charge her

But then he'd have to say exactly what happened publicly. He hasn't taken that opportunity yet I don't think, so probably won't now. And she'd get a chance to tell her story again. Then the lawyers would cross examine them and drag up all their old form. Don't know what she has but he's got some.

And at the end of it all she might get off and he might look like a s**tbag.

Still curious how and why he struck her though. I understand the self defence angle but not the nature of the defence. She must have had a proper weapon, not a shoe. He gets paid $300k a year to tackle 100kg men and grapple/wrestle them so they can't get up. And he had two mates that are professionally trained to do exactly the same thing with him. And she allegedly got struck instead of just "held" or even picked up and carried outside.

This little incident was being kept nicely under wraps for a couple months as well, wasn't it?

The guy went to a party. Something happened and police were called. They conducted an investigation and decided that no charges were to be laid.

What exactly were Souths supposed to report?

Are NRL clubs supposed to speak to the NRL everytime police get called to anything that players are attending?

Perce

Juniors
the media would not bother with this story if it was an AFL player

I know people go on about BunniesMan, but for my money you are the stupidest poster on here. I'm also guessing you haven't seen the screaming front page of today's Herald Sun.

Springs

First Grade
Firstly , carney was suspended for a year after the raiders sacking. Not the roosters sacking.

In relation to johns , I don't condone what he did. But he shouldn't be punished for the rest of his life because of his actions when he was a player. They were hardly bad enough to ban him from all future RL related employment.

In regards to Dugan , the club had other avenues of punishment. They could have fined him , sacked him to reserve grade. If every player that is sacked by a club is made to sit out a year that is totally arbitrary. There needs to be someone independent that reviews the sacking , and that's exactly what happened here.

Btw , there's a little thing called forgiveness. You should try it sometime.

I know that about Carney, I was talking in my original post about the Roosters sacking.

I didn't say ban Johns from all future employment I said he shouldn't be a commentator and role model on TV.

The way Dugan carried on in social media proves he's a f**kwit and shouldn't have been allowed to play this year. We don't want people who act like that in our game. Instead now he's a Dragons hero who took the spot of any number of hard working, dedicated juniors who haven't f**ked up and carried on like he did.
His punishment for carrying on like a f**kwit and continually damaging the game's image was a new contract at the Dragons. The reward for any number of hard working fringe first graders/juniors at the Dragons that haven't f**ked up is for their potential spot to be taken by a f**kwit. Fair.

Yeah, these guys didn't wrong me, it's not up to me to forgive them. Btw, my post was in response to fans always taking the player's side, when it's clear in many cases fans do not take the player's side, except for you it seems.

Perce

Juniors
Yeah you have to laugh at that.

This whole 'Oh I suspect she's made it up' is what comes out of fans mouths, it doesn't matter what the media does, it's job is to report news.
The fact that fans, more often than not, have a suspicion (on the alleged victim) the moment something like this comes out is, as I said, disturbing.

Spot on.

Springs

First Grade
He tweeted 5-6 times on it, none of them were at the character limit that I've seen.

it really is odd how vehemently people defend guys like Teo simply because he happens to play league. I imagine if this girl were making a complaint about an AFL or A League player the sentiment on this forum would be quite different.

Nobody's defending Te'o. In my opinion neither Boyd nor Te'o should be in a situation like that and they're f**kwits for doing it. People are questioning the girl's story and rightly so, it's inconsistent and strange considering police attended and no charges were laid. I'm saying our game should not have it's image tarnished over shit like this, because all that happens is big DT headlines saying how bad our sport is and that's what sticks in the mind of the casual reader.

So don't you think it's strange at all for the police to attend the scene and have no problem, for the girl not to press charges/drop the complaint and then go to national news/idiot Weidler to report it?

Maximus

Coach
f**k off. Do you really believe this shit that you type

He seriously thought that WADA would repeal s0 just to let Essendon off. The guy is a nutcase.

Do you think this will be the ONLY time this type of thing will happen this year? Sports all over the world have crazy's cause trouble. There is no way Souths could of known this was going to the media. Especially if they have photos of the marks on Teo's head and no charges.

The guy went to a party. Something happened and police were called. They conducted an investigation and decided that no charges were to be laid.

What exactly were Souths supposed to report?

Are NRL clubs supposed to speak to the NRL everytime police get called to anything that players are attending?

The 2 of you missed the point intentionally didn't you? El Diablo made the claim that the media wouldn't report on it if this was an afl player, and used the Fevola story as evidence. ek999 provided evidence of the media reporting it, so he replied that they kept it quiet until vexnews reported on it. Danish was clearly making the point that this was kept quiet for a month as well.

El Diablo

Post Whore
ek999 provided evidence of the media reporting it

only after it had been reported by vexnews

they failed to report it before then even though it happened to a journalist and they knew about it

seems you're another nut who thinks October 9 is before October 8

Danish

Referee
Nobody's defending Te'o. In my opinion neither Boyd nor Te'o should be in a situation like that and they're f**kwits for doing it. People are questioning the girl's story and rightly so, it's inconsistent and strange considering police attended and no charges were laid. I'm saying our game should not have it's image tarnished over shit like this, because all that happens is big DT headlines saying how bad our sport is and that's what sticks in the mind of the casual reader.

There are countless examples of people defending Teo, both by saying he didn't hit her (which even Teo and Norman haven't actually said), or even some saying he probably had every right to hit her

franklin2323

Immortal
The 2 of you missed the point intentionally didn't you? El Diablo made the claim that the media wouldn't report on it if this was an afl player, and used the Fevola story as evidence. ek999 provided evidence of the media reporting it, so he replied that they kept it quiet until vexnews reported on it. Danish was clearly making the point that this was kept quiet for a month as well.

Yeah IMO there's no story here. It's been investigated and nothing came of it what's to report?

The Stewart the Bird etc was on going so was a story.

Off the top of my head the Jurrah guy went to court twice never on the front page. Yet Teo according to the cops nothing to answer front page. It's a disgrace

I know that about Carney, I was talking in my original post about the Roosters sacking.

I didn't say ban Johns from all future employment I said he shouldn't be a commentator and role model on TV.

The way Dugan carried on in social media proves he's a f**kwit and shouldn't have been allowed to play this year. We don't want people who act like that in our game. Instead now he's a Dragons hero who took the spot of any number of hard working, dedicated juniors who haven't f**ked up and carried on like he did.
His punishment for carrying on like a f**kwit and continually damaging the game's image was a new contract at the Dragons. The reward for any number of hard working fringe first graders/juniors at the Dragons that haven't f**ked up is for their potential spot to be taken by a f**kwit. Fair.

Yeah, these guys didn't wrong me, it's not up to me to forgive them. Btw, my post was in response to fans always taking the player's side, when it's clear in many cases fans do not take the player's side, except for you it seems.

The roosters sacking was more of a mutual agreement. My understanding is carney asked to be let go. You can hardly ban him for a year under those circumstances. Also his indiscretions at the roosters were of a much less serious nature than those at Canberra.

I said in regards to johns 'all future Rugby league employment' not just any employment. Still what johns did as a player was nowhere near bad enough to ban him being a commentator. Sure he f*cked up , but they were hardly serious offences.

Btw , who should be the judge of such a ban on someone like johns commentating ?

Lastly , sure Dugan has carried on like a tosser. But that's not a good enough reason to sit him out for a year. And clearly the NRL agree as they reviewed his contract with the dragons.

You say it's not up to you to forgive , but your more than happy to pass your moral judgement on to these players.

franklin2323

Immortal
There are countless examples of people defending Teo, both by saying he didn't hit her (which even Teo and Norman haven't actually said), or even some saying he probably had every right to hit her

Not having a dig at you but do you think a professional player weighting 100kg repeatly hit a girl 70kgs at most. All she would have is a blackeye??

Do you think any Police officer in this country wouldn't press charges if they turned up and there was a woman covered in blood KOed on the ground?

She admitted to hitting him. He denied her version. The truth is probably in the middle somewhere. Even a slap could push her over hits a door/cupboard on the way down there's your black eye.

If he has photos/Medical records to back up his version. She has only a blackeye every hard to prove he did as she said

Perce

Juniors
Yeah IMO there's no story here. It's been investigated and nothing came of it what's to report?

The Stewart the Bird etc was on going so was a story.

Off the top of my head the Jurrah guy went to court twice never on the front page. Yet Teo according to the cops nothing to answer front page. It's a disgrace

Once again - Franklin, have a look at the front page of today's Herald Sun and your namesake Buddy.
The Jurrah story has been front page on The Age, the Herald sun, the Adelaide Advertiser and the Alice Springs News. You obviously have no idea how big AFL scandals are in the flogball states.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Once again - Franklin, have a look at the front page of today's Herald Sun and your namesake Buddy.
The Jurrah story has been front page on The Age, the Herald sun, the Adelaide Advertiser and the Alice Springs News. You obviously have no idea how big AFL scandals are in the flogball states.
how would he look at the front page of a Victorian paper?

magpie4ever

First Grade
He seriously thought that WADA would repeal s0 just to let Essendon off. The guy is a nutcase.

Unfortunately, the nutters are running the asylum (ED & DKR).:D