What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

El Diablo

Post Whore
My point stands they all went with the story at the same time.

incorrect

they only decided to report it on October 9 after the story had got out on October 8

they had previously known about it since September and chose to not mention it once

El Diablo

Post Whore
This is following the pattern of Brett Stewart's incident.

maybe it will end the same http://www.smh.com.au/sport/panthers-take-break-as-lewis-gets-hitched-20110122-1a0i6.html

STEWART SAYS NO

BRETT STEWART is likely to knock back a lucrative offer by News Ltd to settle a defamation case. The Manly star is believed to be between $300,000 and $400,000 out of pocket after covering legal expenses. He was found not guilty of sexual assault allegations in September. It is understood the Manly fullback is holding out for a bigger payout. News recently settled another defamation matter filed by former Parramatta Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald.

natheel

Coach
Firstly , carney was suspended for a year after the raiders sacking. Not the roosters sacking.

In relation to johns , I don't condone what he did. But he shouldn't be punished for the rest of his life because of his actions when he was a player. They were hardly bad enough to ban him from all future RL related employment.

In regards to Dugan , the club had other avenues of punishment. They could have fined him , sacked him to reserve grade. If every player that is sacked by a club is made to sit out a year that is totally arbitrary. There needs to be someone independent that reviews the sacking , and that's exactly what happened here.

Btw , there's a little thing called forgiveness. You should try it sometime.

Plus people acting like its only sports stars that do this...because every day people don't so this sort of stuff hey

franklin2323

Immortal
Once again - Franklin, have a look at the front page of today's Herald Sun and your namesake Buddy.
The Jurrah story has been front page on The Age, the Herald sun, the Adelaide Advertiser and the Alice Springs News. You obviously have no idea how big AFL scandals are in the flogball states.

Is the Teo story in that paper? The Franklin's not in DT or the Herald. That's the point

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The guy went to a party. Something happened and police were called. They conducted an investigation and decided that no charges were to be laid.

What exactly were Souths supposed to report?

Are NRL clubs supposed to speak to the NRL everytime police get called to anything that players are attending?

Personally, yeah. I think they should. Just so the NRL media unit can address the situation if need be without being blind sided.

Not a slight on Souths.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Personally, yeah. I think they should. Just so the NRL media unit can address the situation if need be without being blind sided.

Not a slight on Souths.
The NRL didn't have an issue with it apparently. Only New Limited made it out to be an issue with it's headline "NRL fury over South Sydney Rabbitohs' cover-up of Ben Te'o incident".

An article from The Australian says different, "The integrity unit was only made aware of the allegations on Tuesday but Doyle (NRL COO Jim Doyle) claimed South Sydney had not been remiss in handling the case."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-to-change-views/story-e6frg6n6-1226649307538
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ben-teo-incident/story-fni3gki9-1226648747870

eels_fan

First Grade
The police should laugh her out of the station

Going to the media first, and waiting 5 weeks to say anything loses all credibility in my opinion.

Weedler & 9 probably encouraging her to press charges to keep their stories going

Big Sam

First Grade
The investigation's already been dropped once you f**king belmont, you think the police are suddenly going to find a wealth of new knowledge because Danny Weidler's on the case?

peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi3.jpg

SaraSassypants

Juniors
It makes no sense at all. Police were at the scene just after it happened. Why didn't Police press charges at the time? In the Greg Bird case his girlfriend refused to testify against him at the time but the Police pursued and charged him anyway. Wouldn't this case have been the same if it looked obvious that there was an assault?

It makes no sense at all. Police were at the scene just after it happened. Why didn't Police press charges at the time? In the Greg Bird case his girlfriend refused to testify against him at the time but the Police pursued and charged him anyway. Wouldn't this case have been the same if it looked obvious that there was an assault?

I think it depends on how serious the assault was.

If there was 'blood everywhere' like she claims id be staggered if they didnt pursue it. Particularly given the profile of those involved.