What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

Danish

Referee
Of course not.

That's not even close to what I was saying.

You said the complaint had been dropped, so that should be the end of it. Personally I think it should be investigated fully to make sure that someone hasn't got away with clocking a chick in the face.

There are dozens of reasons not including "she must have lied" as to why she originally dropped her complaint. If Wiedler is to be believed (a stretch, I know) the only reason the story has come to light now is on the insistence of her father seeking out Wiedler and urging his daughter to tell the story.

Perhaps she originally just wanted it to go away, but now a couple months after the fact she's been convinced to follow it through? Only annoying part is following it through shouldn't start first with a dumb interview on national television and should have been with making a statment and asking for charges to be laid by the police.

You said the complaint had been dropped, so that should be the end of it. Personally I think it should be investigated fully to make sure that someone hasn't got away with clocking a chick in the face.

I said if she withdrew the complaint , she shouldn't then go to the media. Not that it should be the end of all Investigtions.

If the police feel there is a need to continue , more power to them.

But if she withdraws , then goes to the media that's going to make her look bad.

If she had a change of heart , the appropriate course of action would be to re-file the complaint.

Tooooks

Bench
She admitted in her interview that she hit (assaulted) Te'o with her shoe, BEFORE she was hit. As this will never go to court, we'll never know if his self-defence was deemed reasonable or not.

Danish

Referee
why?

he only has 140 characters to use

He tweeted 5-6 times on it, none of them were at the character limit that I've seen.

it really is odd how vehemently people defend guys like Teo simply because he happens to play league. I imagine if this girl were making a complaint about an AFL or A League player the sentiment on this forum would be quite different.

Cletus

First Grade
Then release all the photos. It's not good enough to make these claims without evidence. If you're going to release one photo to back up your story , why not all?

It's the same thing.

If she withdrew the complaint that's where the matter should end.

The two actions are totally contradictory.

If she has a complaint the right avenue is going through the police. Running off to the media doesn't win you any friends.

It's more than a little strange that after been bashed and suffering a broken eye socket she doesn't want to make a police complaint because it might ruin his career, then runs off to the media for a tidy sum so they can ruin his career.

Cletus

First Grade
She admitted in her interview that she hit (assaulted) Te'o with her shoe, BEFORE she was hit. As this will never go to court, we'll never know if his self-defence was deemed reasonable or not.

I doubt it would have been found reasonable given her version of events were he wails on her until she's unconscious. Then again Weidler wouldn't have been the one cross examining her.

Tooooks

Bench
I doubt it would have been found reasonable given her version of events were he wails on her until she's unconscious. Then again Weidler wouldn't have been the one cross examining her.

Not saying it would've been found reasonable, but stranger things have happened (I've seen it first hand).

It would depend if Te'o had two statements backing up his story or not, but it's a moot point, as the case isn't going anywhere.

BunniesMan

Immortal
ED genuinely believes there is a nationwide conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of government, media and business.

Danish

Referee
This little incident was being kept nicely under wraps for a couple months as well, wasn't it?