What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall not guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm

gronkathon

First Grade
Well Naimey did just come from a night out at "tank Nightclub" and admitting to drinking a double black on the train in so I think, short of wearing Ed Hardy gear, he is not shy advertising he is a f**kwit.

Benji's last words leaving court "now lets play rugby league"

El Diablo

Post Whore
awesome news. Does that clown have to pay for the court costs.

it's not his fault it happened there

ronaldmcdonaldjumping1.jpg

poor guy just cooks burgers

Matt_B

Juniors
I think the decision (clearing him) is wrong. He should have had more self-control. Just my $0.02c.

Matt_B

Juniors
He's a public figure, he should get used to it if he hasn't already. While I don't condone drunken idiots who just want to cause trouble for our sportsmen, these players have had one class after the other teaching them to walk away. I don't think that just because he's a public figure he should have his whole life open to the public - not at all. We should respect his right to be out and that he should be able to enjoy himself without fear of being heckled just because of his day job. The whole incident is just a complete shame.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You're right its a shame.

It's a shame such a nothing incident even made it to court in the f**king first place.

What a complete waste of time and money.

Danish

Referee
So from reading the articles, basically he admits to walking back to confront the bloke who was yelling out to him, smacking/pushing him in the face (he called it like a "fend" in footy) then walking off.

Is that right?

Oh, and dawn frasier reckons its "not his go"

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the person being hit was Issac Luke, Benji would've been up on a manslaughter charge

Ozzy

First Grade
He's a public figure, he should get used to it if he hasn't already. While I don't condone drunken idiots who just want to cause trouble for our sportsmen, these players have had one class after the other teaching them to walk away. I don't think that just because he's a public figure he should have his whole life open to the public - not at all. We should respect his right to be out and that he should be able to enjoy himself without fear of being heckled just because of his day job. The whole incident is just a complete shame.
He has to put up with this indefinitely?

super_coach

First Grade
The winners were the law firms involved in this fiasco and of course the media organizations that get circulation and ratings. As for Benji, their is always a little mud that sticks even when your proven innocent and that will be something he will have to carry for a while. The police, they have just cost the tax player plenty and now look a little foolish but they do have a duty to carry out and as for the bloke with a fat lip, he was a star for a day or so and now should slip back under the rock he came from

babyg

Juniors
If everyone agreed that there was also another guy who punched the dude why then was Benji the only one charged.

BuffaloRules

Coach
So from reading the articles, basically he admits to walking back to confront the bloke who was yelling out to him, smacking/pushing him in the face (he called it like a "fend" in footy) then walking off.

Is that right?

Oh, and dawn frasier reckons its "not his go"

The bloke had a cut lip...

If it was Joe Public who supposedly hit the bloke, do you think the Police would have arrested anyone over the case, let alone brought it to trial?

Latest posts