What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Fingerbang

Bench
Bunniesman does it again....:lol:

"I am telling you now, there is zero chance of Bennett going back to the Broncos"

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bunniesman does it again....:lol:

"I am telling you now, there is zero chance of Bennett going back to the Broncos"
So because the DT says its the Broncos it MUST be a true. In the press conference he even said he's willing to live away from Brisbane again if he needs to. His brother has said it's Souths. I think his brother knows more than the DT. The same DT who right before they said the Broncos were certainties, said the Knights were certainties, and right before that it was Souths that were certainties to get him.

Ever considered the fact that the DT is just publishing BS to fill up their columns and that they don't know anything more than you and I?

Fingerbang

Bench
but if Bunniesman says it....it must be true, huh?

Zero chance was your words, idiot. So what makes you know enough to say Broncos have zero chance?

The pieces are falling into place nicely for his return home, where he has stated for the last 3 years that he wants to go back there. Cullen gone....his good mate now CEO, Lockyer retiring. Sounds like a lot more than zero chance to me.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
He'll end up at the Knights, the timing is just too close to ignore, especially knowing Tinkler's methods for putting his case forward. He's essentially said to the board "Vote for me and you're voting for Bennett"

Noname36

First Grade
Do the Broncos really want to keep going through this cycle? Yes it may give them a couple of years of success, but then they're right back to where they started from when Bennett left the first time. He was only gone for 3 years, and they've already gone through 2 coaches.

Yes, I know Lockyer is marked to be their future coach, and time working under Bennett would be good for him...but who says he'll even be able to coach? The best players usually don't make the best coaches. Look at the Johns brothers and their halves coaching for example. Andrew Johns, arguably the best player of all time, cannot coach halves to save his life...Matt Johns on the other hand, quarter of the talent...but a brilliant halves coach.

If the Broncs get Bennett back, then they're going to have to come up with a much better future "life without Bennett" plan than they did the first time. Hoping that Lockyer will be a brilliant coach just because he was a brilliant player just isn't enough...

Loudstrat

Coach
He's going to England where all of our old fart rejects go. Huddersfield or Salford. Its as sure as Bunniemans place on the Fluffy Bunny Mardi Gras float.

bomberman

Juniors
Do the Broncos really want to keep going through this cycle? Yes it may give them a couple of years of success, but then they're right back to where they started from when Bennett left the first time. He was only gone for 3 years, and they've already gone through 2 coaches.

Yes, I know Lockyer is marked to be their future coach, and time working under Bennett would be good for him...but who says he'll even be able to coach? The best players usually don't make the best coaches. Look at the Johns brothers and their halves coaching for example. Andrew Johns, arguably the best player of all time, cannot coach halves to save his life...Matt Johns on the other hand, quarter of the talent...but a brilliant halves coach.

If the Broncs get Bennett back, then they're going to have to come up with a much better future "life without Bennett" plan than they did the first time. Hoping that Lockyer will be a brilliant coach just because he was a brilliant player just isn't enough...

Bennett has mentioned before the possiblity of coaching with Locky, maybe that wont even be at the Broncos.

Guvner

First Grade
LOL at Newcastle fans thinking Tinkler can just buy what they want. Like other clubs dont have money behind them and there isnt a salary cap in place. Bennett said quite clearly yesterday that if it was about money he wouldnt be going anywhere.

It will be good to see him back home rebuilding what he put together in the first place. He left for certain reasons, those reasons are now gone. Good luck to him. Will be interesting to see Darius groomed at 5/8 by Bennett and Lockyer as well.

Noname36

First Grade
LOL at Newcastle fans thinking Tinkler can just buy what they want. Like other clubs dont have money behind them and there isnt a salary cap in place. Bennett said quite clearly yesterday that if it was about money he wouldnt be going anywhere.

If you actually read most of the posts, I think you'll find that we were just pointing out that Bennett saying yesterday that his decision wouldn't be about money means squat. It's not like when asked he was actually going to say "yeah, of course it's about the money".

He probably won't go to Newcastle, but the fact that they have money (or probably will after tonight) certainly wouldn't harm their chances like some on here are suggesting.

Evenflow

Bench
He probably won't go to Newcastle, but the fact that they have money (or probably will after tonight) certainly wouldn't harm their chances like some on here are suggesting.

I hardly think anyone has suggested having money will harm their chances, what some have been saying is that it won't necessarily enhance your chances to get him just because of that.

Noname36

First Grade
I hardly think anyone has suggested having money will harm their chances, what some have been saying is that it won't necessarily enhance your chances to get him just because of that.

True, I did word that wrong. I meant that people counting out Newcastle because Bennett said yesterday that it wouldn't be about money, are being very naive. He'd never flat out say his decision would be about money, even if it was.

There are a few reasons why Newcastle will miss out to Brisbane (mainly his family). But what Bennett said yesterday about money should be taken with a grain of salt.

_Johnsy

Referee
If souths fans tell themselves (biased via vested interests) they'll get their man over and over. They actually believe it might, might just come true, even though their club has publicly stated they are not in the race to sign bennett.

Ohh 50offs

Mr Saab

Referee
If souths fans tell themselves (biased via vested interests) they'll get their man over and over. They actually believe it might, might just come true, even though their club has publicly stated they are not in the race to sign bennett.

Ohh 50offs

Countered by Richardson saying over and over that they cant afford Inglis and when they did, he said they didnt have to offload players---bye bye Champion, Simpson and co.

to_ddeath

Coach
So because the DT says its the Broncos it MUST be a true. In the press conference he even said he's willing to live away from Brisbane again if he needs to. His brother has said it's Souths. I think his brother knows more than the DT. The same DT who right before they said the Broncos were certainties, said the Knights were certainties, and right before that it was Souths that were certainties to get him.

Ever considered the fact that the DT is just publishing BS to fill up their columns and that they don't know anything more than you and I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nNY0Zkixjk

: )

T.

Snappy

Coach
His brother has said it's Souths. I think his brother knows more than the DT. I?

I saw an interview with Wayne's brother yesterday, and he said he has no idea, and the only people that will know would be Wayne and his wife.

AuDragon

Juniors
I saw an interview with Wayne's brother yesterday, and he said he has no idea, and the only people that will know would be Wayne and his wife.
Don't you get it? BM has the inside word from WB's brother personally! :sarcasm:

CMUX

Also, I've heard a rumour from someone who knows Wayne Bennett's brother Bob, "Souths are very much on the cards for Wayne next year". Direct quote that.

Is that right? Well I heard a rumour from a friend of a friend of a friend of Wayne’s 4th cousin Edmund who said “Souffs are an embarrassment to rugby league and Wayne would never go there” Direct quote that. :sarcasm:

Why the f*ck would Bennet go back to a club he walked out on? Does anyone know of a coach who ever returned to their old FG coaches job at the same club?

If Bennet really wanted a challenge - he'd think Cronulla.

Bennet only goes to clubs with a VG roster. Souffs are not that club. Knights not really either.

I'm wondering about a left fielder. I dunno if the contract situation would allow, but what chance would he head south to replace a Bronco bound Bellamy?

I agree with the bolded part

Latest posts