What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Memories

TruSaint

Referee
Dark days..... leaving brooky oval after 5 mins of the second half, when we lost 61-0.
Longest drive home ever.

Mr Red

First Grade
what about the melbourne match 70-10 where Nathan Brown takes a tap and Lance Thompson is about to take the hit up. Thompson trips himself over as he is about to take the pass, and Brown still throws the pass into Thompson's head.

classic stuff..

KiamaSaint

Coach
Nathan Blacklock try in the 1999 GF to put us 14-0 up. It's a shame we lost that game but the try was amazing and would have been played over and over had we won that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOKRlTBcbtg

Speaking of Grand finals, Hornby's bomb defusal in the 2010 grand final was awesome as well.

I agree, was thinking that just recently. It is a shame that try was overshadowed by what happened at the end because everything about that was truly remarkable. Blacklock attacking the ball, the two Storm players grabbing at thin air and crashing into one another, no one laying a hand on Blacklock all the way to the tryline. It deserved a gf win.

TruSaint

Referee
what about the melbourne match 70-10 where Nathan Brown takes a tap and Lance Thompson is about to take the hit up. Thompson trips himself over as he is about to take the pass, and Brown still throws the pass into Thompson's head.

classic stuff..

That and Brooky need to be erased from our memories. :(

duck

Juniors
. Except at a game at Win aagainst Panthers in I think 2014. Left at half time. Dark days

Dark days..... leaving brooky oval after 5 mins of the second half, when we lost 61-0.
Longest drive home ever.

classic stuff..

That and Brooky need to be erased from our memories. :(
Guys guys guys. Wrong thread.

duck

Juniors
One of my most underrated favorite moments is when you did the streaker run at SOO game 3 2013. Not exactly a Dragons moment but Trent Merrin was highly unimpressed.
In a thread containing so many good memories. And your best memory was when I stripped off and ran the length of ANZ? Do you like looking at other men's willys?

Mr Red

First Grade
In a thread containing so many good memories. And your best memory was when I stripped off and ran the length of ANZ? Do you like looking at other men's willys?

maybe he was inquiring about who did your spray tan? :shock:

V

Vasilevsky

What willy? Must have been too small to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Timer

Coach
Once again people drifting away from the thread

Several people on other threads had posted that they had received bad news etc

So the purpose of this thread iis to cheer them up and have good positive thoughts

I implore people for once in their lives give the tread the proper respect and stick to the topic

Best Memories not anything else please

If people abide with this philosophy that in itself would be a best memory of a sort

The Nick

Bench

classic stuff..

To be fair Rein would have missed his head completely.

chuckling

Juniors
OK i got a good one.

Taking my young son - 5 years old - to a game at Jubilee. Morris makes a break and is running toward us for the corner.

There's my young fella, standing up on his seat (the whole crowd is standing) and when Morris dives in for the try, i look over at him and he is screaming his head off...

That is a great memory...

TruSaint

Referee
Once again people drifting away from the thread

Several people on other threads had posted that they had received bad news etc

So the purpose of this thread iis to cheer them up and have good positive thoughts

I implore people for once in their lives give the tread the proper respect and stick to the topic

Best Memories not anything else please

If people abide with this philosophy that in itself would be a best memory of a sort

Nice in principle OT, and I understand your viewpoint.
Having said that, in amongst these great memories, there was a mention of a member leaving a game early, for which he regretted. Its only human nature to reflect on these comments as part and parcel of the thread, which has maintained a good vibe IMHO.

TruSaint

Referee
Dont know if mentioned, but the Choc show in the second 40 of the prelim v Sharks in 99.

Choc and Tingha with backflips degree of difficulty 9.9

S.B.

Juniors
Favourite moment...Anytime i watched one of my favourite players, Poppa Clay or Billy Smith play. they were not the best or the most brilliant i have seen but loved watching them just because of the passion and drive they played with. I wish we could have cloned them...

TruSaint

Referee
Favourite moment...Anytime i watched one of my favourite players, Poppa Clay or Billy Smith play. they were not the best or the most brilliant i have seen but loved watching them just because of the passion and drive they played with. I wish we could have cloned them...

Wished i could say I was privy to seeing them at their peak, only saw a little of Smithy, but if even 10% of what my oldies have told me about the 2 is true... yes clone them. Tough as nails. Great post

Last edited:

Latest posts