What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

Brutus

Referee
Fat Quaddie Freedman was getting all defensive this morning when it was put to him by a caller that Friday night NRL outrates Friday Night AFL nationally. He said he wanted proof, then recieved a call from someone claiming to be a TV exec that the AFL has won the last 18 weeks and that the NRL regularly gets beaten by Better Homes and Gardens. He went to town on this, saying that if "leaguies" want to give it to the AFL about the Iron Chef, then he can come back with Better Homes and Gardens. A true anti-league, AFL/union loving wanker. I emailed in suggesting that he include regionals to get a true reflection of the Friday night figures which would put the NRL in front, but he chose to ignore that. I also pointed out that Friday night AFL in Melbourne doesn't always win every quarter in it's timeslot.

Mr Saab

Referee
He was really struggling when TeeeeeeeeeeK asked him what he would watch if Manly, Union, and AFL were playing at the same time.
He is a leather patch boy and could not give 2 stuffs about league.
The roast will be tough to watch this sunday also with TeeeeeeeeeeK on the panel

ML2035

Juniors
Richard "Fat Quaddie" Freedman is an expert on nothing. Ocassionally I listen to the "Big Sports Breakfast" and I think at best he needs to wear a skirt. Never a good word about anything and uts in with the most ordinary jokes. His claim to fame is his brother and little else. I called in once and commented on his lack of understanding of purpose and tradition of the 'softening up period' of State of Origin and he didn't grasp the concept. Melbourne fool commenting on a Sydney / Brisbane game. Brush him

Brutus

Referee
What about the quality of Markam?? Matthews on Talkin Sport every Friday. It's about as useful as Benny "I want to sound like Jimmy Smith" The Natural. That show could be doing so much better.

goboggo

Juniors
I haven't read all 19 pages of this thread but I laughed when i saw "anti-league in the Sydney media", especially when it referred to Freedman. Try supporting football (soccer). Freedman is a total nuffie when it comes to football, but he's nowhere near the worst.

Chesterton comes close to the worst against soccer, but at least everyone knows he is a dinosaur who doesnt know sh*t about the game, and is generally on the league bandwagon. There are some younger journos who actually pretend to care about soccer and don't know squat - I'm looking at you Foxsports News.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:
What about the quality of Markam?? Matthews on Talkin Sport every Friday. It's about as useful as Benny "I want to sound like Jimmy Smith" The Natural. That show could be doing so much better.

I fail to see the point of "benny"
He comes across as a nice guy, but really has issues when pronouncing sports peoples names.
Not as bad as Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek, but is up there.
2SM has had a poor yr IMO all because they were not given the rights to call the games. It is negativity at 10 paces.

Brutus

Referee
Benny is a fast talking mumbler who sounds like his voice is breaking. He could be 13 years old. 2SM had a girl newsreader today - dead-set sounded about 12. I think 2SM pay a bag of lollies per news update/read.

Brutus

Referee
What about Fat Quaddie this morning waxing lyrical about the new ARC union comp.

He went on to say that crowds have been well above expectations:lol: and the standard has been fantasic. I'll bet he hasn't watched a second of the comp. If crowds of 3,000 are above expectations, then the ARU must have set the bar very low.

Always talking up his beloved union and AFL even though he knows bugger all about those sports as well.

Brutus

Referee
I can't see the point of Freedman on that show or any sports show for that matter. Racing retro is about all he is good for.

Greg Hayes is far more knowledgable than Quaddie on most sports and doesn't mind having an argument/strirring the pot as well.

How Quaddie got a Sydney sports radio gig is beyond me... then again maybe it isn't.

smeghead

Bench
Missed it this morning. My bliss is now over. Stupid fat Quaddie is back to stink up morning radio.

Quaddie I f**king hate you. I really do

Woods99

Juniors
Brutus said:
What about Fat Quaddie this morning waxing lyrical about the new ARC union comp.

He went on to say that crowds have been well above expectations:lol: and the standard has been fantasic. I'll bet he hasn't watched a second of the comp. If crowds of 3,000 are above expectations, then the ARU must have set the bar very low.

Always talking up his beloved union and AFL even though he knows bugger all about those sports as well.

The budget for the first season of the Mazda ARC is for an average of 3000 per game. 5000 at the Melbourne Rebels first home game compares well with some Storm crowds in the recent past.

Have a look at the game under the new rules. You will be pleasantly surprised. Or, in your case, unpleasantly surprised.:cool:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Woods99 said:
The budget for the first season of the Mazda ARC is for an average of 3000 per game. 5000 at the Melbourne Rebels first home game compares well with some Storm crowds in the recent past.

Have a look at the game under the new rules. You will be pleasantly surprised. Or, in your case, unpleasantly surprised.:cool:
Woods, go and find a crowd figure for the Storm that says 5,000 or around, typical bloody liar.

At least the Storm goes head to head with the AFL all season, not like the S14 teams who play at other times, it would be good to see the crowds for union if they played at the proper time of the season, you know the time.

WINTER.

Woods, you are one of the fellas who continually said the Storm would be f**ked as soon as Vic got a union team, you were one of the many people who continually said there was more support for the union game in Vic than Rugby League, you were one of the guys who said a union team would get more support, better coverage and exposure, bigger crowds, better sponsorship than any RL team in VIC, now you have a team down there and it isn't doing any of that, you come out and say, the "game compares well with some Storm crowds in the recent past".

I say BS, I don't remember the Storm ever getting 5,000 or under, even when they play at the same time as clubs such as Collingwood or Essondon, they always manage to get their core support, all this ARC proves is union is sh*t in Aus, no one cares for it outside of Internationals and the S14, the only reason they turn up to these games is to portray union in a bigger light to rest of the union loving world, below these standards, it's a very very small sport, you union guys don't actually support union, you support what it stands for.

If you can show people that the S14 and Internationals get big crowds, people will think the game is big out here, that's how you guys work, all show with no substance.

Now that you do have a national comp to compare to RL-AFL-Soccer, your code is being shown up for what it really is.

Put it this way, I seen people saying you can't compare this ARC to any of the other comps, well I say you can, there are S14 and Wallaby players in the teams, so it's not a real semi pro comp is it, it's the real deal, and for the real deal, it has to be the biggest flop in world sports history I say this because union in Australia has had over 120 years to get it right, Australia is part of unions heartlands, never ever has a sport failed like this, yes sports new to a country can fail like this, but when they have been around for 120 years, this is a failure of mammoth proportions :lol:

Brutus

Referee
Woods99 said:
The budget for the first season of the Mazda ARC is for an average of 3000 per game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: High standards there!

Melbourne didn't get 5,000 for there first ever game. It was in the 4's and going by the TV it was, in reality, about 1k.

The crowd fudging over the first two weeks of this sh*t tournament has been incredible. I suppose they need to put a positive spin on the crap somehow.

lucablight

First Grade
I thought it was funny how the Nark phoned in today and said Freedman was only pretending to be a Manly supporter and how he didn't have any answer to that. Are one of you people on this forum the Nark?

Brutus

Referee
Quaddie couldn't give a sh*t about Manly and league in general. I don't know why some idiot callers bother to rib him when Manly lose - can't they tell he really couldn't give a sh*t? He's only adopted a team when he moved up from Melbourne in hope of gaining a bit of credo.

Any hear Benny on Talkin Sport this afternoon read one of his 'On this day' segments? He pronounced Grand Prix "Grand Pricks" and had no idea when Hughes and Geyer started cracking up. This guy is supposed to be the producer of the show. Obviously another one of 2SM's 3 dollar an hour high school employees.

Brutus said:

Honesty isn't a Union trait.

The two games I've seen 5 minutes of would have been lucky to have broken 4 figures.