What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

betcats

Referee
Well whatever the f**k he was charged with, indecent assault, if he pleads guilty its likely front page news, and the backlash would still be huge. IF he plead guilty it would dog him for the rest of his career, whatever career he had left.

That and his access to an expenve legal team makes me think he would fight the case whether he actually did it or not.

A defence lawyers job is to get you off, they don't care if you actually are innocent or not.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
An indecent assault conviction will see the end of his NRL career, of course he is going to fight it!

Fire

First Grade
end of the day it's who is credible?

Fergo and Dugan have no credibility

Nope, you're wrong on that one Kmav.

It's whoever has the most money to get better legal representation.

I don't know the woman's financial situation is (probably not too good drinking in a dive like 2230), so I hazard to guess Fergo has the upper hand here.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Unless the video footage is absolutely stone dead clear he will be fine. Hardest type of crime to prove. If the video evidence shows nothing its his word against hers and it doesnt really matter if fergo is a massive drop kick with no credibility what matters is the difficulty in convicting beyond a reasonable doubt in a dispute where the only evidence is a person's word.

Fergo saying he didn't do it is a pretty reasonable doubt without other evidence to contradict it.

I don't know the woman's financial situation is (probably not too good drinking in a dive like 2230), so I hazard to guess Fergo has the upper hand here.

Its not a civil case.

Its the DPP ( or a police prosecutor) Vs Ferguson.

The Womans financial situation has got nothing to do with it.

Card Shark

Immortal
Unless the video footage is absolutely stone dead clear he will be fine. Hardest type of crime to prove. If the video evidence shows nothing its his word against hers and it doesnt really matter if fergo is a massive drop kick with no credibility what matters is the difficulty in convicting beyond a reasonable doubt in a dispute where the only evidence is a person's word.

Fergo saying he didn't do it is a pretty reasonable doubt without other evidence to contradict it.

He was sitting at a table with a few others, maybe someone else saw it. Maybe Dugan??

kmav23

Juniors

LOL do you understand the legal system ?

You see in a criminal case there is the prosecution and the defendant.

Govt versus Fergos legal team.

Lol 1 or 2 on fergo vs the whole Govt dept resources available.

kmav23

Juniors

most assaults, murders and crimes have no video footage.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
most assaults, murders and crimes have no video footage.

There is often physical evidence. What Blake's expensive skilled legal team will be arguing is no crime took place. A little different to a murder when there is a f**king body you drooling simpleton.

kmav23

Juniors
There is often physical evidence. What Blake's expensive skilled legal team will be arguing is no crime took place. A little different to a murder when there is a f**king body you drooling simpleton.

Many prosecution do not have physical evidence and is based on peoples testimony.:crazy:
:D

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Name a few cases. Obviously witness testimony but you understand cases like this nature are very difficult to prove. I don't know what evidence there is but if its Blakes word versus hers he will get off. You do understand this right.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Anyways kmav I wouldn't get my hopes up too much if I were you.the ddp hasn't moved it to the district court and the vast majority of these matters at local court level get dealt with a good behaviour bond if a conviction is recorded.

Last edited: