What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

The way some of you merkins are going on you would think he raped someone if you didn't know the story.

He wont go to jail :lol: and he will be back in the nrl by 2015 imo.

Absolutely astounding the apologists are out for blokes like this, fair dinkum the bloke could have burnt down an orphanage and dickheads would be saying well atleast they didn't have any family to mourn them.

Lui should have been de-registered for life.
Packer will not be registered.
Lets hope the NRL steps up and we start cleaning cretins like this out so we can start cheering for some great people again.

Glad his had recent experience as a labourer he'll need it :)

Looks like Chocs camp new it was comming because by Christ(sorry allah) they've been trying to paste him in the best light possible with the circus they performed!

tumbidragon

First Grade
Adam Houda:
large.gif
:lol:

MrAnonymous

Bench
I think you'll find non-consenting penetration of a woman's orifices in a sexual manner would constitute rape.

touching her onj the vagina is going very close to just that, so it's well within reason that people are reacting the way there.

Besides, how can you justify either action? From a person who should know better than anyone else, given the focus by RL in Australia to treat women with respect.

He has no excuses at all. He'll avoid any jail time imo, but the NRL will deregister him for at least a year with any luck.

Bunging on the 'woe is me' defence along with the 'i'm mentally unwell' is just sickening, as it shows he has very little care or remorse for his actions.

Instead of admitted to his actions, he's tried to weasel his way out of it.

f**k him, ban him for life. He can go and play AFL
Not justifying his actions at all, he should punished, just saying people are overreacting.

So in the space of about 10 months the idiot has been done for repeated alcohol offences, got done speeding and driving without a licence, walked on his club and went AWOL and now convicted of sexual assault. Add everything together he deserves a 2 year break if the NRL are fair dinkum

Bang on the $, then zero tolerance if he so much as burps during a match on his return.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think everyone agrees that the NRL stuffed up massively in allowing Robert Lui to play again. It was a horrible mistake and one I hope they've learnt from.

What Ferguson has done is no where near as bad as Lui, but it doesn't mean he should be protected on precedent because most agree that the initial precedent was a mistake.

As much as I despise Ferguson as a human, I don't see how this deserves gaol. I truly hope I never see this useless oxygen thief ever playing rugby league again though.

What's the bet he ends up a Wallaby and someone they run countless 'reformed angel' stories on in a few years?

gUt

Coach
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-11/nrl-career-of-blake-ferguson-in-tatters-after-indecent-assault/5151108

Blake Ferguson's NRL career looks over after league condemns indecent assault conviction

The career of controversial former NRL star Blake Ferguson is in serious trouble after he was convicted of indecent assault on Wednesday.

Ferguson, currently without a club after being fired by the Canberra Raiders, was found to have assaulted a 24-year-old woman in a Cronulla bar while out celebrating his selection in this year's second State of Origin game.

And it now looks like he would struggle to get a contract registered with the league even if a club was to sign him.

"Whether someone is a rugby league player or not the actions are completely unacceptable and entirely contrary to the values of our fans and the game," NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle said.

"In considering any future application for registration, the NRL is required to form a view as to whether someone is a fit and proper person to be registered as a player.

"Today's ruling would have to be strongly considered if any club at any level of the game was to apply for a registration on his behalf."

Ferguson had a number of incidents this year including a drinking session with then team-mate Josh Dugan when they were on a club-imposed alcohol ban which they posted on social media.

After being stood down by the Raiders and suspended by the NRL, Ferguson made an unsuccessful boxing debut on the undercard to Anthony Mundine's fight with Shane Mosley last month, losing to Luke Kelly.

The league did not want to comment on the indecent assault charges until after a final ruling, expected in February, was reached.

So the NRL's stance is that the clubs shouldn't sign him so at least the NRL itself doesn't have to ban him. It would be good to see the clubs show some solidarity with Canberra (who've been plenty f**ked around by talented dickheads) and tell Ferguson to get to f**k, at least for a few years.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
The code has always been weak on these kinds of things. It seems to me they accept it as reasonable behaviour. It's time for the NRL to show it has values and say enough is enough.

LESStar58

Referee
I think you'll find non-consenting penetration of a woman's orifices in a sexual manner would constitute rape.

touching her onj the vagina is going very close to just that, so it's well within reason that people are reacting the way there.

Besides, how can you justify either action? From a person who should know better than anyone else, given the focus by RL in Australia to treat women with respect.

He has no excuses at all. He'll avoid any jail time imo, but the NRL will deregister him for at least a year with any luck.

Bunging on the 'woe is me' defence along with the 'i'm mentally unwell' is just sickening, as it shows he has very little care or remorse for his actions.

Instead of admitted to his actions, he's tried to weasel his way out of it.

f**k him, ban him for life. He can go and play AFL

Spot on. Sam Burgess squirrel gripping Will Chambers also qualifies as sexual assault.

Usain Bolt

Bench
The NRL won't ban him for life when they register players like Suaia Matagi. He'll probably get deregistered for a year and have to undertake some bullshit rehabilitation program

Springs

First Grade
Can't wait for his big Origin comeback in 2015 and the media wankfest over his 'redemption story'. Praying that bullshit like that doesn't happen this time.