What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

Raider_69

Post Whore
I am not condoning his actions nor do i think this is some nothing event that should be forgotten. The women has made a complaint as is her right, the police will either charge or not charge him based on evidence, and he will probably be dropped from the blues, have his file stamped "never to play again", he'll get fined heavily from the NRL and Raiders and should he be charged, have a criminal conviction registered against him, and have to deal with what ever punishment the courts dish out.

I have absolutely no problem with that what so ever, he deserves every bit of that and more. That will play it's course, as it should.

But short of a jail sentence, this is not an offence that justifies the Raiders sacking him, especially given the fact he will almost certainly be back in the NRL, earning the same money, if not more within a month tops. This club has taken the morale high ground too often, and too often it has come back to hurt them. Not this time, if the NRL isnt serious about rubbing these germs out of the game, then we might as well stay the course and try and win a premiership. The offense is completely and utterly inexcusable as a human being. But given the quality of footballer in every other club, and the fact this grub will not be mad to pay any real price, if we have premiership aspirations, we had better stop handcuffing ourselves by always taking the morale high ground only to see it hurt us. He's a total and utter grub, but he might as well be our grub, every other **** club has one and will bend over backwards to accomidate them, short of some abhorrent act that requires jail time or deregistration, we should not sack him as the NRL has shown they will not back this stand.

Blake Ferguson is an arrogant f**king turd, but he's our arrogant f**king turd and i am over seeing us make a stand to see the limp wristed NRL allow them to go on to be stars at other club.

Is it too much to ask for these blokes to just stay out of night clubs?

If someone said to me, "I'm going to pay you $350k a year to play football and keep fit on the basis that you never go to a night club again", I'd be more than happy with that arrangement.

I mean, it's not like they can't go to a pub and have a quiet one at the end of the day... Nothing ever seems to happen to these blokes before about 10pm. Perhaps they just need to have a 10pm curfew put on them?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do think if a club sacks a player for bad behaviour, no other club should be able to sign unless second tier, with at least a 12 month ban on top grade.

This is just one of many, and the game just lets someone else sign them.

If there is to be an integrity unit this is thier role.

In hindsight, Dugan entitled to be given a chance by the Saints, but probably should be cutters, being part of a team I am told helps. But top grade within a season.....then state of origin, do not agree with it.

Where is the integrity there?

I would hope Blake never wears Sharks colours again.

firechild

First Grade
I am not condoning his actions nor do i think this is some nothing event that should be forgotten. The women has made a complaint as is her right, the police will either charge or not charge him based on evidence, and he will probably be dropped from the blues, have his file stamped "never to play again", he'll get fined heavily from the NRL and Raiders and should he be charged, have a criminal conviction registered against him, and have to deal with what ever punishment the courts dish out.

I have absolutely no problem with that what so ever, he deserves every bit of that and more. That will play it's course, as it should.

But short of a jail sentence, this is not an offence that justifies the Raiders sacking him, especially given the fact he will almost certainly be back in the NRL, earning the same money, if not more within a month tops. This club has taken the morale high ground too often, and too often it has come back to hurt them. Not this time, if the NRL isnt serious about rubbing these germs out of the game, then we might as well stay the course and try and win a premiership. The offense is completely and utterly inexcusable as a human being. But given the quality of footballer in every other club, and the fact this grub will not be mad to pay any real price, if we have premiership aspirations, we had better stop handcuffing ourselves by always taking the morale high ground only to see it hurt us. He's a total and utter grub, but he might as well be our grub, every other **** club has one and will bend over backwards to accomidate them, short of some abhorrent act that requires jail time or deregistration, we should not sack him as the NRL has shown they will not back this stand.

Blake Ferguson is an arrogant f**king turd, but he's our arrogant f**king turd and i am over seeing us make a stand to see the limp wristed NRL allow them to go on to be stars at other club.

*moral high ground

But I agree with you completely. There was talk of Manly sacking Watmong a couple of years ago after he peed on a shop window a few months after getting done about 50km/hr over the speed limit. My argument at the time, and clearly the stance the club took, was that if Manly sack him, someone else will pick him up immediately and we are left watching one of our best players tear us apart each year until he retires. It's just not worth sacking these blokes until the NRL supports the clubs and imposes bans. Thankfully for Manly, Watmough has turned things around since then and is now a great leader within the club with no off-field indiscretions since the public urination incident.

Valheru

Coach
I won?t judge either in terms of the alleged assault until we have the facts but what possessed these two scholars to think that a night on the tins after being selected for origin given their history together was a good idea is beyond mystifying to me.

The very best case scenario was going to be a incident free night with every man and his dog receiving word that they were out on the piss.

If they wanted to celebrate together why didn?t they just go to a mates place or something. I?m all for players being able to go out but I couldn?t think of a worse time for these two.

I do think if a club sacks a player for bad behaviour, no other club should be able to sign unless second tier, with at least a 12 month ban on top grade.
In hindsight, Dugan entitled to be given a chance by the Saints, but probably should be cutters, being part of a team I am told helps. But top grade within a season.....then state of origin, do not agree with it.

One problem with all that ? restraint of trade.

some11

Referee
1012103_546119882101180_376010417_n.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How many more NSW players wanna miss out on Origin?

Has anyone been charged yet ? I thought people would have learned from the Brett Stewart incident not to jizz too early when something happens.

Trouble is clubs have different "threshholds" of tolerance, either because of the clubs own moral compass, pressure from sponsors, or indeed the ability of the player.

So two players might commit the exact same offence, but one might end up with a 12 month "ban" because his club is taking a hard line and sacks him, whilst the other continues on playing because his club takes a softer approach. Would be a legal minefield and would never work, even if a large majority of NRL may well support such a move.

Alsmug

Juniors

As a TRUE raiders fan i do not want him in the team if these allegations are found true, we do not need loose units like this and i hope we set him free, like we have wisely in the past our culture at canberra comes first and formost, we do not need to lower ourselves to some other clubs, he has had more than enough warnings time for him if he is found guilty, either way needs to tighten his little fragile unstable mind!wtf drinking with dugan in public atm.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
One problem with all that ? restraint of trade.
Point taken.

So two players might commit the exact same offence, but one might end up with a 12 month "ban" because his club is taking a hard line and sacks him, whilst the other continues on playing because his club takes a softer approach. Would be a legal minefield and would never work, even if a large majority of NRL may well support such a move.
Is this not the integrity units role?
Too ensure all clubs behaviour in the same manner, and deal with any legal issues. And over rule any club sactions, deemed not in the interests of the game.

One rule for all.

Otherwise what is the point?

To cane the bad boys like a school principal, at his discretion?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ten news reported the CCTV footage was said to be inconclusive

if that's true it would be word against word

kmav23

Juniors
Has anyone been charged yet ? I thought people would have learned from the Brett Stewart incident not to jizz too early when something happens.

Lol your talking about fergo and Dugan...

he admitted this yr to getting drunk spitting at people in the crowd and turning up drunk to training.

So 500 nrl players can stay out of trouble this weekend, but not the same 2 idiots.

Point taken.

Is this not the integrity units role?
Too ensure all clubs behaviour in the same manner, and deal with any legal issues. And over rule any club sactions, deemed not in the interests of the game.

One rule for all.

Otherwise what is the point?

To cane the bad boys like a school principal, at his discretion?

When it comes to significant incidences, it may be possible, but it's also possible for a club to cut (particularly rookies) for missing a training session or two. Do you really want an NRL sanctioned "one rule for all" potentially banninf our best players for 12 months for a minor offence, just because its in some clubs best interest to drop a rookie?